[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Again, I know there's iridium in the ground, but the only way to find it is with dumb luck/giant quarries to the point that it's not worth the effort.

It's a little disappointing that this addon requires so many other mods to work properly. Especially because I already have a mod with platinum but platinum dust apparently doesn't exist. Regardless, I'd rather not also install metallurgy because I already have five instances of copper and tin each and they're polluting caves, even with Mystcraft, which I absolutely use.

This is still terrible design, though. "Yeah, you can get iridium reasonably. As long as you download a completely unrelated addon just for the sake of getting platinum."

• Official Post

You still have iron ingots, and you still have Redstone. It's just harder to get. Redstone dust isn't found in ore form, but you can still find it in some things like Cinnabar. Rubber wood trees won't spawn, but you can still find slimes in swamps or breed up some stickreeds(might be harder though).
    Not as easy as before, but still possible. Uranium though, isn't a usable ore, but there is Pitchblende, which the page says can contain uranium in reality. Maybe they already added IC2 uranium as a rare drop from it if you have IC2 installed, but I haven't tried that yet. I'll check the changelogs, though.

You have Pig Iron and Wrought Iron and seems it can't be used for refined iron. Iron furnace (required for generator) also can't be crafted from TFC iron. I tried to google for addon, which add compatibility, but still no luck.

• You have Pig Iron and Wrought Iron and seems it can't be used for refined iron. Iron furnace (required for generator) also can't be crafted from TFC iron. I tried to google for addon, which add compatibility, but still no luck.

Hm, might be harder then I thought. But where there is a will, there is a way. Where there is a apple, there is me.
    Upon checking the configs, there are ways to make vanilla objects with TfC, so turn that on and one can get stuff for IC2 again.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

Edited once, last by YX33A ().

• Official Post

Again, I know there's iridium in the ground, but the only way to find it is with dumb luck/giant quarries to the point that it's not worth the effort.

It's a little disappointing that this addon requires so many other mods to work properly. Especially because I already have a mod with platinum but platinum dust apparently doesn't exist. Regardless, I'd rather not also install metallurgy because I already have five instances of copper and tin each and they're polluting caves, even with Mystcraft, which I absolutely use.

This is still terrible design, though. "Yeah, you can get iridium reasonably. As long as you download a completely unrelated addon just for the sake of getting platinum."

IC² (which is the only required Mod maybe aside from NEI for the Recipes) has an Autominer, which is working even better than a Quarry. Platinumdust is just a compatiblitypatch until I introduce it myself.

That large Multiblock-Macerator with Byproducts instead of larger Resource income sounds reasonable, as i plan to add some Multiblockstructures, like the electric Blastfurnace for getting carbonized Iron (Steel) and other carbonized Metals. These Multiblockstructures will consist out of one generic Machinecasing, which you have to shape around a specific Controllerblock to get the desired Function.

You all know these small Piles of Irondust you get from crafting Iron out of Copper and Tin? I will have to add code to autoimplement them for the Byproducts of that new Industrial Macerator.

SteveofDoom: DAFUQ!?! Good, that that isnt the Name I chose for my future Website.

• Official Post

Hm, might be harder then I thought. But where there is a will, there is a way. Where there is a apple, there is me.
    Upon checking the configs, there are ways to make vanilla objects with TfC, so turn that on and one can get stuff for IC2 again.

Thank you! Now I can try to move from the stone age to fusion reactor :)

• The electric translocator does not seem to recognize Ender Chests as a valid inventory, is that intentional?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• HIya, I don't know if you have had this reported, sorry if you have:

I get this error (client side only, crashes client but no errors on server console) when trying to shift -click an item or block (any) into a Destructopack:

http://pastebin.com/E46U1gHs

mc 1.4.2, forge 6.0.1.350

thanks for the mod

--edit
    tried it again with forge 6.0.1.354 and a fresh download as per the op. same error.

• @iridiumdisscusion: I think what everyone is trying to say is, add some recipe to your all powerful centrifuge that can give you a little iridum for a crap ton of other stuff. I know that you made a platium->iridium recipe, but i was thinking more like something from a more used and less OP mod (yes I think metallurgy is OP) Maybe a chrome/titanium/some unused cell-> iridium. I know we could just increase the spawnrate of the ore, but we need some other way besides mining.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• If it's vanilla enderchest it's not a bug, if it's chickenbone's one it's a bug..

Yeah, it's vanilla.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• @iridiumdisscusion: I think what everyone is trying to say is, add some recipe to your all powerful centrifuge that can give you a little iridum for a crap ton of other stuff. I know that you made a platium->iridium recipe, but i was thinking more like something from a more used and less OP mod (yes I think metallurgy is OP) Maybe a chrome/titanium/some unused cell-> iridium. I know we could just increase the spawnrate of the ore, but we need some other way besides mining.

Well, if you want to have spare iridium without Metallurgy(I set up my install so it only spawns nether ores and end ores naturally, the rest of them spawn only from Mystcraft Symbols), you could add TerrafirmaCraft and make it's platinum into dusts, then into Iridium.

But some uses for new cells to make Iridium(and Bauxite or Bauxite products so I can get Titanium without Bauxite. Seriously, it's the only source?), wouldn't hurt much, right?

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• hey Greg can you add a device that can make 3x3 tunnels like the destruction catalyst/catalithic lense from EE2 but just only destroy blocks not mine them?
    to not make it Op you can make it use a silly amound of energy per shot ,like 10.000.000 eu for 5 shots.

• Lot's of complains in what i read today.

But please, don't change your mind Greg, for a few people complaining lot's are happy with your mod. Anyway, they sometimes said good things to keep in mind, but don't change the way you go. This add-on is intended to make thing harder and complex ! There's a fully new way to learn for the challenge of end level item, and it will be long !

Nice , a new version to DDL ;)

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• Greg could you consider supporting dynamic lights with your LightHelmet? maybe as an option only if its installed? It doesn't make any base edits anymore and your lighting code makes the light go out a lot when mining.

• Official Post

@Enderchests: Only Players can connec to it. Also the Enderchestcontents are stored inside the Playerdata and not the Chests.
    @Destructopackcrash: On my List.
    iridium: May I add tiny Piles of Platinum Dust into the Output of the Industrial Macerator for one or two Recipes.
    @TinyPileOfDust: You will need 4 of them to get a full one.

• The recipe for Plutonium Cells (1 Uranium Cell + 1 UU Matter) doesn't seem to be craft-able in SMP both config files of client and server match exactly. In singleplayer the recipe works perfectly.

In SMP upon placing both materials in the crafting grid the plutonium cell shows up. But trying to grab the plutonium cell to complete the craft results in the crafting grid items disappearing and reappearing within a second and you ending up without the plutonium cell.