[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Was about to post for the same thing...

Once again, a 450+ line config is not really user-friendly, need a real guide for this or to be a lot smaller with quote in it to help us using it.
    And disabling by default the "diamonds" is really not mod-friendly. You can't assume wich mods we use, and if we have the well knowned mods, most of us also have some unknowed ones you may break when disabling some items.
    Please do not make receipe that are not reversable by default.

And now a question : What's the use of "tiny" dust ? this mod is still really complex with millions dust, but if we like to play the "small chemist" do you really need the tiny ones ?

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

Edited 2 times, last by Lung Zatar ().

• My players and I are having trouble with the lighthelmet. The effect that it creates can't be removed, even by taking off the helmet. I've even tried discharging it until the light goes out, then removing it, and then putting my quantum helmet back on, but nothing seems to work. The area around my character stays lit no matter what. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: It appears that the effect also constantly drains my quantum helmet, just like when the light helmet is running. X(

EDIT: Resetting the server didn't help. Neither did deleting my player data file. Argh.

More attempts:
    Stopped server, deleted player file, restarted server.
    Repeated above except also deleted all client files AND deleted the GT_IDSU_Energyvalues.dat file.
    Removed GregTech, ran the game, switched helmets, re-installed GregTech.

Still no luck. Does anyone know where the wearing/not wearing the lighthelmet data is stored? I've browsed through various .dat files, but haven't had any luck so far.

Thanks!

EDIT: Tried using a clean version of the gregtech.jar. No luck. Also, problem exists in single player as well as multiplayer.

• Official Post

My players and I are having trouble with the lighthelmet. The effect that it creates can't be removed, even by taking off the helmet. I've even tried discharging it until the light goes out, then removing it, and then putting my quantum helmet back on, but nothing seems to work. The area around my character stays lit no matter what. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: It appears that the effect also constantly drains my quantum helmet, just like when the light helmet is running. X(

EDIT: Resetting the server didn't help. Neither did deleting my player data file. Argh.

Go to the QSuit-Config-Section and disable QHelmetLight...

Diamond->Emerald is a bug. I will fix it as soon as I'm home.

Disabling by default the Diamondblocks you mean? They are enabled by Default since i made the Maceration into Dust. If you have an old Config then they are ofcourse still disabled.

Tiny Dust has one special use for things like getting very small amounts of Material, and it will be needed for Macerating Ores, as Byproducts can be produced without having to get 4 Oreblocks. Also i added new Reverse-Macerating Recipes for Tools, Armors and Cells (similar to Alloyfurnace), but with autodisabling all exploits I know.

• Thanks a lot, this help a lot, but i still think that it is very too much big huge ;)

Disabling by default the Diamondblocks you mean? They are enabled by Default since i made the Maceration into Dust. If you have an old Config then they are ofcourse still disabled.

My english is so poor :( ... I was meaning that we can't actually go from dust to "diamond" but this is diamond and not dust that are required from other mods. This was very usefull to convert on diamond block to 2 diamond, now that it is two dust, we can only use this "twice" feature for THIS mod receipe... was better before. And for the diamond block, yes you fix it and it's really nice. Thanks a lot.

Tiny Dust has one special use for things like getting very small amounts of Material, and it will be needed for Macerating Ores, as Byproducts can be produced without having to get 4 Oreblocks. Also i added new Reverse-Macerating Recipes for Tools, Armors and Cells (similar to Alloyfurnace), but with autodisabling all exploits I know.

Oky that's nice, and "redoing" the alloy furnace is a very very good idea (and of course disabling the tin->bucket->iron exploit).

It' looks like i'am not happy with this mod when i talk, but be sure i'am very happy of it, if i always say about things that are wrong, it's just to help you improve it ;) (And sometimes it's just my brain that don't go as fast as you code).

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• Official Post

Macerating Gem-Ore with an Industrial Macerator will give you in case of Diamond:
    1 Diamond
    5 Tiny Piles of Diamond Dust
    3 Tiny Piles of Coal Dust

Or for Ruby:
    1 Ruby
    5 Tiny Piles of Ruby Dust
    1 Tiny Pile of red Garnet Dust

Additionally:
    For Silver Ore it will give you Lead Dust, and for Lead Ore it will give you Silver Dust. Tin Ore gives you Zinc Dust, for Copper Ore you get Gold Dust, Iron Ore gives Tin Dust. And many more.

• I actually have a rather small suggestion, which bothers me since... well since I play IC2 basically and with Gregs it is even more proplematic.

Mining Drill vs. Diamond Mining Drill.

Even with normal IC2 the Diamond Mining-Drill was so incredible cheap that almost always when you build a Mining Drill you are instantly updating it to a Diamond Mining Drill. Since the Mining-Drill is now harder to reach this is even more true.

My suggestion is pretty easy. Instead of pumping up the cost for the Mining-Drill make the Diamond Mining Drill more expensive. The normal Mining-Drill had a very nice cost. So revert the normal Mining-Drill back to refined Iron and change the Diamond Mining Drill to something like:

:Mining Pipe:Industrial Diamond::Mining Pipe
    :Refined Iron::Mining Drill::Refined Iron:
    :Electronic Circuit::Energy Crystal::Electronic Circuit:

The Mining-Pipes are just empty spaces, the refined Iron should be Titanium and the Circuits should be advanced circuits. That way you would force people to actually work with the mining-drill instead of instant-upgrading it to a diamond-mining-drill which I never felt was quite right. Also Steel has the problem that you find lots of it in dungeons, so getting an early Mining Drill actually was more luck than work.

• Diamond Drill + Titanium is approved. Of course with a seperate Config (which will make the Rockcutter cost Titanium too)

I was thinking about the possibility to sum some of the config-options up. Since all the configs might be a bit confusing. I might look through them if there are things that are easy to put into one option. Would be cool to sum it up under GregTech-Soft, GregTech-Medium, GregTech-hard and GregTech-insane. I have no idea if it would be possible to create presets while still giving the option to do all by hand, since it might cause a lot of work for you.

And... shouldn't it be Mining-Drill + Titanium? Would be strange to create a Diamond Drill with a Diamond Drill^^

• What about making miner a bit more useful in later game? Even with diamond drill and max-range scanner it's pretty weak, around T2-2.5-ish at best with no better alternative. BC Quarry can be big but I don't really like stripmining all that much + I LOVE how miner+pump take care of liquids so elegantly. Sure, I could always just use several miners in parallel but that seems kind of cheap and not really fun in my oppinion. Also miner reaches bedrock quite fast meaning I'd have to move them around quite frequently.

I'd love to have a new tier for miner that is relatively expensive (but not quite iridium-needing), takes much more energy (3-4x) than regular miner per-operation, mines a few times bigger area (21x21?) while not being too much faster per-block than regular miner (1.2x faster?). I'm not sure what's easier, adding a new tier of drill+scanner or just making a whole new miner (though still keeping the symbiosis with pump).

• There is something I have noticed, the computer (Not sure about the reactor) is not tied to the IC2 config values for output, so with a setting of say 15 for Nuclear the computer still shows default cells as outputting 5EU/t
    Im not sure if the cells in reactor are affected or not.

Edit: The parts in the reactor work fine, just the computercube does not show the new EU/t outputs if the IC2 config is changed.

• Since your addon adds the ability to compress sapphires and rubies (via the IC compressor), would it be possible for you to make these usable in the beacon pyramid? Seems fitting since they are gems?

• Since your addon adds the ability to compress sapphires and rubies (via the IC compressor), would it be possible for you to make these usable in the beacon pyramid? Seems fitting since they are gems?

That would depend on if Forge has a hook for the Beacon Block (if they don't already). Personally I wouldn't mind it as an extra little thing (I usually just toy with the beacon pyramids when I get bored).

• Official Post

@Greg: You wrote something about an Industrial Macerator, is this a new machine or was it a typo and you meant the centrifuge?

Pal

Thats just not implemented yet.

Have cinnabar and sphalerite been removed (saw them mentioned here) or just not implemented yet?

They are in the Nether.

hay greg the OV scanner doesn't get charged by the lithium pack.

The OV-Scanner is MV, while the Li-Batpack is LV, so guess its not a bug.

That would depend on if Forge has a hook for the Beacon Block (if they don't already). Personally I wouldn't mind it as an extra little thing (I usually just toy with the beacon pyramids when I get bored).

If there would be a Forgehook then i would use it.

• That would depend on if Forge has a hook for the Beacon Block (if they don't already). Personally I wouldn't mind it as an extra little thing (I usually just toy with the beacon pyramids when I get bored).

If there would be a Forgehook then i would use it.

I really hope a hook exists or is added then since this could be quite a nice way to use up spare ruby and sapphire blocks (emerald blocks can already be used per vanilla).

Big fan of your work by the way, please keep it up :)