[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Any other planned uses for mercury? i am almost at the point where i want to scrap it, as i am getting much more than i can use for luminators out of my redstone -> chrome plant

Edit: maybe have some way to get the mercury into a bucket, then allow that to be placed as a new fluid. Then i can have mercury rivers flowing through my underground complex :D

Edit: some possible uses:

Mercury Batteries (single use ones, but last a while)
    Mercury + gold ore => more gold dust than normal (mercury is very useful in gold extraction)
    High power Rectifier for use in the supercondensator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-arc_valve) The current planned superconducting grids are designed to run HVDC, it would be safe to assume that EU is sent AC, as it can be converted via transformers. Your supercondensator would then need to convert to HVDC, then back to HVAC, then step back down. The mercury arc rectifier would be perfect for the job

• Hey Greg,

Centrifuge suggestion, could you maybe add a use for cerosite oil (from railcraft) ? I usually end up with tons of the stuff, as I do not build that many rails but use other railcraft modules quite much, including the coke oven.

• I think LESU should be buffed, because MFE/MFSU are currently to easy to get because of Ruby/Sapphire :/
    The more logical thing would be to make Ruby/Sapphire rarer.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Nitrogen replacment recipe for superconductors?(makes sense)

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Suggestion/Bug : Translocator don't properly stack things. If they found an empty place in the chest, they put things there before looking in the entire chest if there is already an incomplete stack.

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• Official Post

Mercury Batteries (single use ones, but last a while)

Accepted.

Mercury + gold ore => more gold dust than normal (mercury is very useful in gold extraction)

I will make an additional Grinder Recipe for that kind of Liquid instead of Water.

High power Rectifier for use in the supercondensator (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-arc_valve) The current planned superconducting grids are designed to run HVDC, it would be safe to assume that EU is sent AC, as it can be converted via transformers. Your supercondensator would then need to convert to HVDC, then back to HVAC, then step back down. The mercury arc rectifier would be perfect for the job

My Transformers are too High Tech, for doing so.

Centrifuge suggestion, could you maybe add a use for cerosite oil (from railcraft) ? I usually end up with tons of the stuff, as I do not build that many rails but use other railcraft modules quite much, including the coke oven.

On my List.

Nitrogen replacment recipe for superconductors?(makes sense)

Wait for the Freezer, or how I gonna call that. Nitrogen has to be cooled down before using it that Way.

Suggestion/Bug : Translocator don't properly stack things. If they found an empty place in the chest, they put things there before looking in the entire chest if there is already an incomplete stack.

I know about that.

Greg Missing Config incomming:
    There is no config for the expensiv Thick Neutron Reflector.

You mean the Berylium one? Alright I forgot that.

• Would cooling down a machine whial overclocked lower the energy usage?

If so i would suggest liquid (not coolant) helium or nitrogen (after cryocooler) be used in a machine with a overclocker to lower the energy usage.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Centrifuge suggestion, could you maybe add a use for cerosite oil (from railcraft) ? I usually end up with tons of the stuff, as I do not build that many rails but use other railcraft modules quite much, including the coke oven.

You can use cerosite oil as fuel in the liquid steam boiler.

I build a system which burns char coal in one steam boiler and the cerosit in the fuel one. they produce mj for the forestry farm which provides the wood for the coke oven (wood -> charcoal) and eu for my mass fab ^^

• Official Post

You can use cerosite oil as fuel in the liquid steam boiler.

I build a system which burns char coal in one steam boiler and the cerosit in the fuel one. they produce mj for the forestry farm which provides the wood for the coke oven (wood -> charcoal) and eu for my mass fab ^^

And there goes a Suggestion, which I wanted to implement, but Railcraft made it better, so I leave it.

• Hmm... alternate source for Steel... I like it (I hope it does not include Blaze-Rods :P)

Yeah the Mining-Laser needs some rebalancing, it isn't that strong, but it feels as something that should be a bit more lategame.

But since we now speak about making things more difficult and rewamping the techtree. There seems to be no great addition to the early-game. So I would rather rework the drills into more Pickaxe-Like Categories.

Mining-Drill (Electric-Stone-Pick) -> Hardened Drill (Electric-Iron-Pick) -> Diamond-Drill (Eletric-Diamond-Pick) -> Advanced Diamond-Drill

Since having a rechargeable early-game pick does make sense, but the Mining-Drill is just too strong, since it is able to mine anything but obsidian. Having a Drill that is efficient for stone-removel etc. but not for Ore-Mining would be a good addition to the early-game. Since at this point having a Batpack in the game does not make much sense. You normally use the Batpack with the Chainsaw and the Mining-Drill, but both are moved back in the Techtree. The only early-game electric devices are the Electric-Treetap which does not use much energy to make use of the batpack and the electric wrench which would not be used that often. So the Batpack lacks a good tool to power.

• I believe I've found a bug with the grinder:

If you run out of EU in your storage while it's running, it'll reset, and if you aren't producing enough EU to keep up with it, it'll just keep eating what you produce and then resetting when it runs out. This isn't really a big problem but it's inconsistent with all other machines. The actual bug part, however, is that I removed the wire, let my MFE charge to about 60k EU, then placed the wire back. The grinder now gets to about 80% done processing the ore, then resets back to 0% even though there's plenty of power. It just keeps doing it until it drains the MFE.

Edit:
    Breaking the machine and replacing it didn't fix it.

• New techtree progression

Tier 1
    Mortar/Iron Mortar
    Extractor
    Compressor
    Macerator
    Industrial Centrifuge

Tier 2
    Induction Furnace
    Industrial Electrolyzer
    Industrial Grinder
    Industrial Blastfurnace

The problem I see is the acquisition of nickel for teching up to Tier 2. The only way to get nickel early game is through the Industrial Centrifuge. This is a pretty big bottleneck because by the time you have the resources to make an Industrial Centrifuge you will likely have stacks of copper. It will take a little over an hour to centrifuge the 96 copper dust required to make two sets of Cupronickel Heating Coils for the Industrial Blastfurnace.

Well, this was going to be a rant about how the tech tree has changed and relies too heavily on the nickel production from the Industrial Centrifuge. But after some pondering this makes more sense than in previous versions. The new Grinder and Blastfurnace make teching up completely worth the time and effort put into the Industrial Centrifuge. AND the genius of this is that it makes the IC2 Macerator obsolete for the mid-game. Now we need a tech 2 variant of the Compressor to make the set complete.

@mining drill discussion
    I'm inclined to agree that the requirement of steel in the standard mining drill is far too expensive a tier 1 tool. The recipe for the Diamond Drill could be changed to include a battery upgrade. Perhaps an Energy Crystal or several Lithium batteries. And while we're "raping" IC2 why not do it with style and change the Diamond Drill so that it no longer works with tier 1 Batpacks.

• The main problem with making the diamond drill not work with tier 1 backpacks is, iirc, the lithium backpack works exactly like the normal batpack, so it would not work with the diamond drill. maybe instead raise the needed backpack for the mining laser, so it will only work with the lapotron pack.

• Is it possible for you to modify things like chests? It'd be really convenient to have a 2x2 hand crafting square in the chest GUI, for working with dusts.

Eg. I have 2 dusts in chest and 2 dusts in inv. I have to get the dusts out of the chest, close the chest, craft them into a normal dust pile, then put that back in the chest

• I would be interested to see some higher power condensors running off diamond dust or ender dust

Redstone > Lapis > Ender / Diamond
    Not sure if ender or diamond should be higher as both can be moderatly difficult or easy to obtain, probably ender > diamond due to the ease of endereyes late game.

• B

I would be interested to see some higher power condensors running off diamond dust or ender dust

Redstone > Lapis > Ender / Diamond
    Not sure if ender or diamond should be higher as both can be moderatly difficult or easy to obtain, probably ender > diamond due to the ease of endereyes late game.

But why waste the enderpearl dust on that when it should be used to make neutron reflectors for use in large scale excavation projects! (aka nuclear excavation)

• I think there should another tier of power generation after the fusion generator. How about being able to make something called a "Hypermatter Generator?" It could be a multiblock structure with a 5x5 main body and two 3x3 outcroppings for each of its two sides. You can be able to feed matter and antimatter which it will annihilate to create incredible amounts of EU.

• I think there should another tier of power generation after the fusion generator. How about being able to make something called a "Hypermatter Generator?" It could be a multiblock structure with a 5x5 main body and two 3x3 outcroppings for each of its two sides. You can be able to feed matter and antimatter which it will annihilate to create incredible amounts of EU.

You can already get 4096 EU/t from a fusion reactor, anything past that is probably Tier V and therefore not covered by this mod as of yet.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l