[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Rather simple way to nerf both frames and turtles would be to choose to not use them or define rules for the server on how players should/shouldn't use them. As neither of those are directly connected to GT in a way IC2 is I don't really see the need for changing those things. Also, from what I've gathered at least frame machines aren't really all that cheap nor too trivial to set up well. At least nowhere near as simple as e.g quarry.

Back in 1.2.5 days I had EE2 installed and it was not hard to only use the "stick of mineral probing" from the mod and nothing else.

• Official Post

Still able to use crafting table to make Mixed Metal ingots even though requiring rolling machine is true in the config with 2.61b.

Also, still able to craft steel blocks in crafting table with either GT or RC steel, and only GT steel is able to be compressed into blocks.

You very likely disabled the Rolling Machine in the RC-Config.

The various new ways to produce methane seem rather underpowered, compared to wood and sugar cane...
    250 seconds for all plants seems like too much to me, and it seems like it would be far more effective to simply use good old sugar and charcoal, but when I do the math it seems like the hydrogen requirements actually makes the two about the same to each other, comparatively.

If these are underpowered in comparsion to Sugar Canes, then its good. I thought they were all a bit to overpowered.

Ye. Has greg nerfed the hell out of turtles yet? They're way too op as well. Avoiding gregtech until the turtles are nerfed to the ground where they belong. A simple recipe change won't cut it tho, needs something more drastic like a removal from the server, but that won't happen. We have way too much control over the turtles.

Yeah, put a few Stones a piece of Redstone and a Glass pane together and you have a fully functional Computer!

Maybe greg could make it so you can only run certain greg approved scripts? That would be cool.

Do you really think I read all the crappy Code of other People to let Scripts approve?

Yeah, Redpower is out. And now? IC2 IS NOT OUT NOW, SO I CANT UPDATE.

• If these are underpowered in comparsion to Sugar Canes, then its good. I thought they were all a bit to overpowered.

Well, according to my math, which I'm not trusting but was probably close, you need about 9 electrolyzers to deal with constant output of sugar carbon from a single centrifuge. This would be capable of producing 16 methane every 20 seconds.

if you used those same 9 centrifuges to make any of the other plant to methane recipes, you'd create 9 methane every 250 seconds.

Which is a rather large difference...

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of nerf to the carbon to methane conversion, but the only idea I can think of for now is some kind of new production facility, meant solely for combining/altering/whatever chemicals.

• Official Post

but the only idea I can think of for now is some kind of new production facility, meant solely for combining/altering/whatever chemicals.

A Chemical Workbench is already planned.

Methane is an incredible Liquid Boiler Fuel. My Test Boiler produces tons of Steam with it, and that even though it has the same Heat Values as before.

• Offer - elemental parts accelerator! And metal transmutation! For example blocks - accelerator tubes (like bildcraft tubes), magnet system (each 10 tubes, for example), vacuum system, elemental parts emmiter and metal target.

• Official Post

hey greg, when ic2 updates are we going to see maceratable nikolite/gems/whatever else is in redpower?

That's already possible. The only missing thing is Redpower for 1.4.5. :D

V2.61c:
    Added Liquids for all my Cells except Carbon
    Electric Autocrafting is now only 2500EU per Craft (500EU for Dustpiler and Unificator)
    I think I fixed the Computercube-Access of the GUI for SMP (you know that internal Server Error, when you open the GUI of a ComputerCube, which doesnt belong to you)

• hey greg, when ic2 updates are we going to see maceratable nikolite/gems/whatever else is in redpower?

Nikolite: I don't think so, as it is not registered in the FOD (ForgeOreDict)
    Others: Already doable now through the use of FOD.

Damn, ninja'd by Greg.

@Greg: [DATA_EXPUNGED]

• Quoted from "JamaicanSoup"
    hey greg, when ic2 updates are we going to see maceratable nikolite/gems/whatever else is in redpower?

That's already possible. The only missing thing is Redpower for 1.4.5. :D

And i confirm that those recipes is working. I even disabled crafting Lapotron\Energy Crystals from gems because they very cheap.
    1 Nikolite Ore = 10 Nikolite + 1 Tiny Pile of Diamond Dust

• Meh, all I'm doing is waiting for IC2 for 146.

Anyways, it is good that the 35 s wait to download RP2 has been reduced to 20 s.

• Suggestion:
    There is no component in Glowstone Dust that actually glows, maybe redstone, however it is made up of components that don't seem to glow. (Silicon? Pyrite? Rubies? Ender Eyes?)
    Thus, delete Gold + Redstone recipe to Glowstone Dust, however it will be replaced with
    :Gold Dust: :Bronze Dust: :Gold Dust:

:Bronze Dust: :Tin Dust: :Bronze Dust: --> Glowstone Dust

:Gold Dust: :Bronze Dust: :Gold Dust:

where :Gold Dust: is Gold Dust, :Copper Dust: is Redstone Dust and :Iron Dust: is Phosphorus Cells (if it exists)/Forestry Phosphor.

Also configurable.
    Centrifuging Glowstone Dust with the new configuration produces the ingredients back.

• RP2 Is out. I wonder how fast till we can nerf frames. Since they are beyond OPed I expect at least we go to space and gather materials for it ;) No seriously though I'm going to chime in and say I feel that its one the most over powered machines :)

Well frames aren't that strong. If you should touch the motor not the frame. And well I feel adding a recipe to the grinder giving 1/4 diamond-dust is OP considering how common nicolite is. The only thing that is OP in the Mod is the Blockbreaker and Eloraam is aware of it (it will use tungsten-carbide in the future if I remember correctly). I would not mind having an alternative recipe for Blockbreakers involving at least steel or even tungsten (although the latter is a bit tough, maybe titanium).

I would be interested to know how frames are OP if you do not use Blockbreakers. You could use them to build incredible expensive elevators... but I don't think that this would make for a good reason to nerf them.

Oh, a small note to RP2-Gems. You said before that you will include a config-option to turn them off. My question is would it be possible to make them not interchangeable? Since I like Gemblock-Covers and such, but I understand that they screw with your sapphires and rubies, which are supposed to be more rare.

• Gregtech addon makes my day. I left this open when I went to bed. I refreshed the page this morning, and the first thing I see is RP2 is out! Thanks people who have broken F5 keys!

IC2 jenkins o_O? Hell yes.

Edit: Tsk, Tsk. Someone forgot to properly register scaffolds using GameRegistery and LanguageRegistery. Off to the bug tracker.

• Gregtech addon makes my day. I left this open when I went to bed. I refreshed the page this morning, and the first thing I see is RP2 is out! Thanks people who have broken F5 keys!

IC2 jenkins o_O? Hell yes.

Yup! Thank Player :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.