[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• You said somewhere you plan to make your own railcraft style
    electric blast furnace for steel production within your own mod.

Dude, that's been in for like 50+ versions.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Liquid Centrifuge
    A Device, that can be used to transfer items between Liquid Tubepiequaducts and cells. Don't work for Lava, Water and Oil. Would be usefull in combination with Quantum Tank and Fusion Reactor.

That sounds nice to me :).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• With GregTech installed Gunpowder goes in the Miner's backpack instead of the Hunter's backpack in Forestry.

Is that intentional, because it seems very odd.

• With GregTech installed Gunpowder goes in the Miner's backpack instead of the Hunter's backpack in Forestry.

Is that intentional, because it seems very odd.

Because GregTech register Gunpowder as "dustGunpowder", and Miner's backpack add all items from Ore Dictionary with prefix "dust".

• Official Post

NEI - Seems like we had problems with enabled/disabled recipes not being updated to reflect mod changes. I constantly got griped at for this.

Which ones and how? Did you make sure the Configs are synched between Server and Clients?

Next up and the absolute thing for me that had me agreeing with the players -- stop overwriting configs at server close! There is no need to, and it makes editing and rebooting server on the fly impossible.

Thats already fixed.

Last but not least... if I re-add GT to the server, will this require a new world start? Players are already pitching a fit because one of the mods they wanted required a world reset. I know they won't be getting any GT specific ores in the already genned world, but generally we use a mining age (no dense ores, its freakin lame) that gets regenned every week anyways. So they can STFU and deal on that point.

Why should you need to make new Worlds? Every Terraingen-Feature I add (or will add) is always available as long as you can discover the World.

You said somewhere you plan to make your own railcraft style
    electric blast furnace for steel production within your own mod. While the
    steel thing is a good idea, I want to remind you that steel is not simply iron
    that has been heated to remove the impurities, but in fact an alloy of carbon
    and iron (2%-20% carbon, 80%-98% iron). I suggest you make a recipe for steel
    dust, much like the bronze dust recipe, but with 3 iron dust 1 coal dust ( :Iron Dust: :Iron Dust: :Iron Dust: :Coal Dust: ) instead of 3 copper 1 tin ( :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust: :Tin Dust: ).

I know that (unlike some other Modmakers, who think refined Iron = Steel). Don't you think thats the Reason you need Coal Dust for it?

Because GregTech register Gunpowder as "dustGunpowder", and Miner's backpack add all items from Ore Dictionary with prefix "dust".

Which Ore gives Dusts usually? Except for my nether Ores, I know about nothing else, what drops that. So there is no reason to use the dust-prefix for Miners-Backpacks. And the oreDictName of dustGunpowder (like dustRedstone nd dustGlowstone) is just a little Side Effect of my OreDictUnificator and needed for my Small Dusts.

• Which Ore gives Dusts usually? Except for my nether Ores, I know about nothing else, what drops that. So there is no reason to use the dust-prefix for Miners-Backpacks. And the oreDictName of dustGunpowder (like dustRedstone nd dustGlowstone) is just a little Side Effect of my OreDictUnificator and needed for my Small Dusts.

It's not just about ore drops, it's about general items. Does normal IC2 dust not lead with the dust prefix?

EDIT: Anyway, is it possible for you to find a way to stop the unwanted behaviour?

• Which Ore gives Dusts usually? Except for my nether Ores, I know about nothing else, what drops that. So there is no reason to use the dust-prefix for Miners-Backpacks. And the oreDictName of dustGunpowder (like dustRedstone nd dustGlowstone) is just a little Side Effect of my OreDictUnificator and needed for my Small Dusts.

Your Nether\End ores, "dustNikotile", "dustIron", "dustSilver", "dustTin", "dustGold", "dustCopper"... It's enought to add anything with prefix "dust" into Miner Backpack.

• Got some unknown thingies for ya, Greg, this time it's a Metallurgy edition!

• Okay, which Ores frop these directly? "dustNikolite" and my Nether Ores are ofcourse valid.

Since the backpacks also carry ingots, i believe this is intentional, as it's to aid in carrying metals/resources no matter the form. (refined iron excluded of course)

• Since the backpacks also carry ingots, i believe this is intentional, as it's to aid in carrying metals/resources no matter the form. (refined iron excluded of course)

Yes, if you can put ingots into Miner's Backpack and Cooked Chicken\Porkchop\Steak into Hunter's Backpack, they you also should be able to put dusts into Miner's Backpack.

Also, who used items from ore dictionary for standart items (iron ingot, gold ingot, gunpowder, redstone, etc)? Exception is dyes and items that already have few types (logs, planks, slabs, etc). Thanks to EBXL that Forge now add some standart items to predefined ore dictionary names (i can remember 150+ recipes for Chest in NEI\CraftGuide in minecraft 1.2.5, it's all combinations with standart and EBXL planks) .

• It seems you have removed Nitrogen from the Gas Turbine thing. You should re add it. it gave Nitrogen a good use, and i've already done heaps of work on that sort of factory (It was 90,000EU i think). Was this a mistake or perm? And a Higher tier fusion coil would be nice, 8 block range uses as much power as possible.

• bit of a question now... will the grinder recipe work on Redpower tungsten?

ignore this... lol I answered my own question by looking in NEI

Also... Nitrogen alone can't be used as a fuel you need to combine it with methane, carbon, hydrogen and compressed air cells to make nitroglycerin cells which can than be combined with diesel and coalfuel cells to make nitro-diesel and nitro-coalfuel cells.

comparing the two fuels though nitro-diesel is much more energy efficient when burning for EU but in order to make diesel you need oil which is non-renewable. Coal on the other hand is renewable if you have a huge and I mean huge matter-fabricator factory outputting UUM

nitro-coalfuel liquid being burned = 48k eu
    nitro-diesel liquid being burned = 400k eu

• Hey, I found that aluminum dust can be smelted in a railcraft blast furnace, so theoretically the railcraft blast furnace can achieve temperatures of at least 1700 degrees( cause that's the stated heat requirement in the GT blast furnace to smelt aluminum) but the railcraft blast furnace can't smelt titanium which according to the GT blast furnace only requires 1500 degrees. Is this behavior intended?

• Greg, could you make it where a raw fish does a little bit more damage than a wooden sword? I would like my first weapon to be a fish :D I would also like to see people slapping each other with raw fish :P

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Greg, could you make it where a raw fish does a little bit more damage than a wooden sword? I would like my first weapon to be a fish :D I would also like to see people slapping each other with raw fish :P

Your a FEESSSSHHH SLAPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Your a FEESSSSHHH SLAPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It needs to announce to the whole server "FISH KILL!" every time someone is PVP'd with a fish.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Meh, your mod is making too much change too fast, I suggest you make some lower tier items, with less change, that lead up to higher tier items. Otherwise people who don't like change will completely look your mod over altogether