[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• In the config file of RC there is a part for ic

####################
    # refinediron
    ####################

refinediron {
    #
    # change to 'disable=true' to prevent Refined Iron from being used in any IC2 recipe. Use in combination with 'useSteel'
    #
    B:disable=false

#
    # change to 'useSteel=true' to enable the use of Steel in any IC2 recipe that requires Refined Iron
    #
    B:useSteel=false
    }

If you use true for both it will replace all refined iron with RC/greg steel.
    I was planning to use this on my hardcore server (since steel is more realstic to be used in machines :P ) but just found it no longer working.

btw does anybody know a mod that can alter/remove IC2 recipes? Tried customstuff but not working :(

• Official Post

In one case I had 128 tin bars and crafted those to 18x64 tin nuggets which I then crafted to tin bars but only had enough nuggets to make 127 bars and had 7 nuggets left.

In the other case with tungsten I had even number of tiny tungsten piles but after crafting those to bigger piles I had uneven number of tiny piles left. (since it takes 4 to make bigger piles that shouldn't be possible)

Which Craftingtable did you use? It's either the Craftingtable or NEI, which is causing that, if your Inventory is too full. I don't manage Crafting Recipes, I only add and remove them.

I guess CJ is just removing the Furnace Recipe for Refined Iron and then registers "ingotSteel" as "ingotRefinedIron". At least, this is how I'd do that.

• Which Craftingtable did you use? It's either the Craftingtable or NEI, which is causing that, if your Inventory is too full. I don't manage Crafting Recipes, I only add and remove them.

I guess CJ is just removing the Furnace Recipe for Refined Iron and then registers "ingotSteel" as "ingotRefinedIron". At least, this is how I'd do that.

Just made two screenshots with both option turned on :
    Without gregtech installed:
    http://i928.photobucket.com/al…1/without_zps29295555.jpg
    (rc steel only)

With gregtech installed:
    http://i928.photobucket.com/al…0001/with_zps576c95be.jpg
    (a mixture of greg/rc steel and refined iron)

edit:
    It is confirmed that steel ingot is registered as "ingotRefinediron"
    but Rc didn't remove the furnace recipe for refined iron

• Ffff steel-tungsten-iridium refined stone... geez... there goes all my steel, tungsten and iridium ingots :D

bit of a question and request :P

can we get some reinforced doors of Iridium and of this new snazzy material plz :D

• Ffff steel-tungsten-iridium refined stone... geez... there goes all my steel, tungsten and iridium ingots :D

bit of a question and request :P

can we get some reinforced doors of Iridium and of this new snazzy material plz :D

Oh, good call. Kinda silly to have a wall of iridium-reinforced tungstensteel if the door is just lousy old reinforced iron.

• I know a great Invention: PISTON DOORS!!! they look more awesome, than regular Doors.

Bug Report: Shape Crafting of Bronze is 4 not 2. Shapeless seems to be 2 so tin at the south east side = 4. If someone can confirm.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I know a great Invention: PISTON DOORS!!! they look more awesome, than regular Doors.

damn straight I just reminded myself of that! only problem I see is... there unfortunately aren't any reinforced stone, iridium reinforced stone or iridium-reinforced tungesten-vacumesteel covers as it is the only plausable way to make a piston door in a enclosed space with red alloy wires from redpower 2.

-Edit-

note entirely true with what I said... there is a way but the method I was thinking of above would require a 1x2 door with pistoned blocks being in the 1x2 area and pistons being above those spaces. Now if it was a 2x2 door things would be different. This would require a complete redesign of my house though to accommodate that change.

• why was the magnalium plate to windmill recipe nerfed? It is pretty useless now. why would I want to spend aluminum and magnesium on something when I could use carbon plates?

• Centrifuging Marble Dust doesn't work if there are empty cells in the cell slot (recipe doesn't even use that slot).

I have the same issue with Sticky Resin, I. Centrifuge won't activate if there's Empty Cells in the slot.

• why was the magnalium plate to windmill recipe nerfed? It is pretty useless now. why would I want to spend aluminum and magnesium on something when I could use carbon plates?

I agree. I like the fact Gregtech can makes your life easier once you've got the machine for. That's what makes gregtech so enjoyable: there is more and more goal to reach, and by goals I mean: something that'll make you more efficient once got.
    Also, I think the Windmill recipe should include something that need the blast furnace, so you wouldn't be able to get green gen before it.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I agree. I like the fact Gregtech can makes your life easier once you've got the machine for. That's what makes gregtech so enjoyable: there is more and more goal to reach, and by goals I mean: something that'll make you more efficient once got.
    Also, I think the Windmill recipe should include something that need the blast furnace, so you wouldn't be able to get green gen before it.

basically in terms if you think historical green gen way back was very inefficient so they didn't use it. They used the coal/oil/fuel (dirty energy resources)

In the terms of gregtech your basically doing the same thing. In order to make that green tech you need to use dirty energy sources in order to get your first green tech energy generation going ;)

Now I can totally see why some people want a pollution effect thing going on with the atmosphere an all.

• Gregtech doesn't adjust things that are balanced. Maybe you think some of his choices go too far, but the fact remains that they are more balanced than they were before.

There is no 'fact'. That's entirely opinion. I think that most of what was already in IC2 was fine as it was and that GregTech pushes way too hard to make things harder. I can't stress enough that I have no problem with difficulty, but I do think that increasing the difficulty should increase the reward. Instead of rebalancing what's already in place, GregTech should seek to push the 'finish line' further back, and make all of the energy his machines are generating worth it. The centrifugre, electrolyzer, grinder, etc. are all great additions, I will give you that, but once I get a fusion reactor up and running, what then? Do I just use the power to run matter fabricators? And then use the matter to make more fusion reactors? Because that's not good endgame. That's just harder endgame.

Piston doors have their place, but sometimes space is at a premium and your wall is only one block thick and a regular sized door just works better.
    If space really doesn't matter, frame doors are the way to go...giant frame doors.

I'm still waiting and hoping someone makes a Forge-compatible version of Ugocraft so I can make a huge iridium-reinforced tungstensteel blast door that swivels open.

• Gregtech doesn't adjust things that are balanced. Maybe you think some of his choices go too far, but the fact remains that they are more balanced than they were before.

I thought Forestry bronze was pretty balanced for Forestry use (I would've been fine with IC2 bronze being nerfed and IC2 recipes being made to only use IC2 bronze).
    But then it had to be nerfed to fix an exploit which GregTech itself added

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I thought Forestry bronze was pretty balanced for Forestry use (I would've been fine with IC2 bronze being nerfed and IC2 recipes being made to only use IC2 bronze).
    But then it had to be nerfed to fix an exploit which GregTech itself added

3 copper 1 tin for 2 bronze tbh is fair enough I think...

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.