[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• There's something wrong in the eu requirement for methane.. you need 128000 to make 5 methane cells, 93000 to make 4 hydrogen cells, and 1000 to make one carbon cell..

So each methane cell is worth (45000*5 - 128000-93000-1000)/5 = 600 eu.. OMG..

EDIT: I know that 128000 is from approximate of 25000 * 5, but then..

Seems pretty pointless. But you can always centrifuge rubber wood for methane and get 155000 EU with no effort.

• errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! when i was trying to install a newer version of greg tech it deleted all my mods!!!!!!!!!!! all i did is that i didnt know where the mods folder was located so i did a search for it and draged it into my favorites hotbar. :cursing:

• Seems pretty pointless. But you can always centrifuge rubber wood for methane and get 155000 EU with no effort.

Yeah I know about rubber tree, just want to mention that using H2 cells and C cell seems completely nerfed now, and I have the feeling rubber tree will be too soon..

• errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! when i was trying to install a newer version of greg tech it deleted all my mods!!!!!!!!!!! all i did is that i didnt know where the mods folder was located so i did a search for it and draged it into my favorites hotbar. :cursing:

You can be quite sure GT has absolutely nothing to do with it and it's how Windows can get a bit wonky at times. Try searching for some mod zip file name and see if it was moved to another part of your hard drive

• Official Post

I have the feeling rubber tree will be too soon..

How right you are. :D

But Methane Cells -> 600EU is a Math Error on my Side, I should buff it to 601? maybe 602 EU?

Did I mention that I HATE THE FORGEDIRECTION-ENUM-CODE!!! I'm currently at rewriting my Code, and for absolutely NO REASON all 7 Directions (UNKNOWN is also one) are IDENTICAL, while Iterating through them, NO MATTER what I do, my Debug Print shows me:

Side: DOWN Slot: 11 Inventory Start: 0 Inventory End: 9
    Side: UP Slot: 11 Inventory Start: 0 Inventory End: 9
    Side: NORTH Slot: 11 Inventory Start: 0 Inventory End: 9
    Side: SOUTH Slot: 11 Inventory Start: 0 Inventory End: 9
    Side: WEST Slot: 11 Inventory Start: 0 Inventory End: 9
    Side: EAST Slot: 11 Inventory Start: 0 Inventory End: 9
    Side: UNKNOWN Slot: 11 Inventory Start: 0 Inventory End: 9

For my Autocrafting Table, after I changed the Itemtransfer Code of my Advanced Buffer/Regulator.

• got the previous problem fixed...

i found another one, when i go to edit the mod pack it says that all of the mods are enabled, but when i log on it only says 5 mods loaded, back to the original title screen and my worlds are broke. :(

worlds are still broken but, i got that fixed so ignore this post

• That seems to be about right. you should not be getting much of an energy profit out of making methane from carbon and hydrogen. I do however, think the eu cost for hydrogen cells is a little off. in real life, electrolyzing and then burning hydrogen is an actual method of producing power. it would be like a more expensive and efficient watermill.

• I thought IRL you made H2 from burning coal/wood or got it from natural gas, if you get H2 from water electrolysis and get the energy back from fuel cell (which is the reverse reaction of water electrolysis) I don't know if you will get any net energy.. basically fuel cell is semi-black fuel lol..

Should be something like Wood-> Charcoal ->CH4 + H2 + etc -> H2+ Compressed Air -> Energy ??

• I thought IRL you made H2 from burning coal/wood or got it from natural gas, if you get H2 from water electrolysis and get the energy back from fuel cell (which is the reverse reaction of water electrolysis) I don't know if you will get any net energy.. basically fuel cell is semi-black fuel lol..

Should be something like Wood-> Charcoal ->CH4 + H2 + etc -> H2+ Compressed Air -> Energy ??

You're right. Electrolyzing water cost about 5 times more that what you can get with burning hydrogen, because combustion isn't that mastered. I think a combustion engine has about 20-40% efficiency, while a ionic-hydrogen based engine has about 90-95% ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

So you removed your mods folder out of the minecraft folder (which is what happens when you drag a folder someplace on the same harddrive, it moves it)... and it's somehow the GregTech mod's fault?
    Your mods folder is probably in the folder that contains the shortcuts for your hotbar.

Jesus.... Time for someone to take basic how to use a computer class.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• is greg's vacuum freezer broken? I put 9 MFSUs on a line and hooked up a MV transformer, yet its still insufficient power to make vacuumed hardened steel thing. Bug? If not, that is really bad.

Btw, i don't know why people are complaining about recipes. They seem pretty easy in my eyes.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• is greg's vacuum freezer broken? I put 9 MFSUs on a line and hooked up a MV transformer, yet its still insufficient power to make vacuumed hardened steel thing. Bug? If not, that is really bad.

works just fine for me with a single mfe

@greg: have you ever thought of turning your G logo into an energy indicator on your machines? I think that would look quite neat =)
    red/green(or yellow =P) for sufficient/insufficient energy and filling up like the lightning on the ic2 machines as buffer indicator

• Am I missing something in a config file or has 2.74c blocked the copper plate recipe? No one on our server can craft it anymore and it only started after we upgraded from 2.70c a few days ago. NEI shows the plate as existing, but no amount of copper ingots in a compressor (regardless of which ore dictionary copper is used) will produce a dense copper plate.

(Edit: Tried with the 2.72c version as well and copper plates are working fine there.)

Thanks.

(Also, is there any easier way to get some of the older versions to test with? e.g. 2.71 or .73 without searching for Gregorius' posts? I only see 2.72 as the old version in the previous version section at the beginning of the topic)

• The dense copper works fine for me in 2.75a, because I've just made some reflectors that need a bunch of copper dense plate..

Edit: and also in ver. 2.75b, you might want to try them..

• The dense copper works fine for me in 2.75a, because I've just made some reflectors that need a bunch of copper dense plate..

Edit: and also in ver. 2.75b, you might want to try them..

Great, thanks. I'll give it a try. Didn't realize he had updated the file linked in his first post. (Would be nice if the Dropbox file was versioned in the filename :)