[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• My english is bad, i know. This is not my native language.

Make a good endermen farm in the end, get 2 K and 3 N2 cells from 16 enderpearl dusts (automate it), 2 K+2 N2+3 Compressed Air -> 10 Saltpetre + empty cells (in electric crafting table). The excess N2 can be used for something else (glyceryn)..

@share machine casings, yes you can share machine casings between all GT machines (implosion compressor, sawmill, industrial blast furnace, grinder, vacuum freezer).

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().

• I feel like derp, but can multi block machines such as sawmill and blast furnace share machine casing blocks? If so, things would be much cheaper.

Yes, they can.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• You can use the Electric Crafting table in Unification mode to change the various different dust into the same type. Or the Forge Lexicon from Omnitools mod, to save the EU, but then you have to do it by hand.

TE saltpeter is cheat, imho. And 2 sorts of saltpeter and sulfur - autocrafting problem.

Yep...

Does anyone here have a Problem, that the Font Size reverts to 8pt instead of 10pt, when removing Lines? So like this?

• How does this work with machines that require a different layout? For example the Grinder requires a water block in the center of 3x3x3 but the Blast Furnace is 1 block taller. So I guess you can share a 3x3x1 wall between the two machines? Then you will have troubles with the different casing types I think... but it would look really cool! :)

@share machine casings, yes you can share machine casings between all GT machines (implosion compressor, sawmill, industrial blast furnace, grinder, vacuum freezer).

• How does this work with machines that require a different layout? For example the Grinder requires a water block in the center of 3x3x3 but the Blast Furnace is 1 block taller. So I guess you can share a 3x3x1 wall between the two machines? Then you will have troubles with the different casing types I think... but it would look really cool! :)

Yep, as long as it fits the set up of said controller box. So you can't share the middle part of industrial grinder with other machine, because of the water there.. But you can share industrial blast furnace middle part if you put 2 machine casings instead of lava (-500 heat capacity).. but not really worth the trouble..

• I wanted to ask Greg about what is the point of generators that work on fuel??? MFSU + Transformer + 1-3 charged Lapotron Crystal can beat any fuel production (MFSU does not break with wrench - tested it about 40 times). Some might say, that fuel is lower tier and thus you can obtain it earlier. But you don't need fuel at lower tiers, because you can just use miner right at your base with wires - by the time you have mined all closely available resources you will already be at high tier, with a couple of MFSU.

Generators on fuel:
    - low energy output. You will have problems supplying miner with a diamond drill, unless you use more than 1 generator.
    - producing fuel requires a lot of resource collecting and micromanagement.
    + fuel is stackable. With some fuel types you can carry more energy per inventory space than what Lapotron Crystal allows. I have yet, however, to come across a situation, where I would need more than 10 Lapotron Crystals (which you can easily carry) for a mining operation.

MFSU + Transformer + a couple of Lapotrons Crystal:
    + any energy output, up to 512 EU/t. Can easily operate multiple miners with just 1 MFSU.
    + very easy to obtain more energy - just take empty crystals and recharge them at your base.
    - each Lapotron Crystal take a single inventory space.

• Excuse me for a second while I say, wat. Seriously what are you talking about? The point of generators that work on fuel is to generate energy so that you have energy to charge Lapotron Crystals, I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Excuse me for a second while I say, wat. Seriously what are you talking about? The point of generators that work on fuel is to generate energy so that you have energy to charge Lapotron Crystals, I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

No. If you wish to have large and constant supply of energy you build solar array or windmill array. Later you build Nulclear Reactors. If you use fuel for this purpose then you will be spending most of your time just collecting resources for fuel production.

• No. If you wish to have large and constant supply of energy you build solar array or windmill array. Later you build Nulclear Reactors. If you use fuel for this purpose then you will be spending most of your time just collecting resources for fuel production.

Try nitro-coalfuel cells, they are very energy effective for basically some coal and soul sand.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• What is this? Then how do you charge your lapotron crystal LOL? Diesel Generator is just another type of generator you can use like the geothermal generator, but instead of lava you use BC-fuel. Try the XBee oil bee for more resource of oil. Not talking about the efficiency here, because we know some of the generators are not useful enough.

• suggestion: industrial wire mill (like the one in the ftb universal electricity pack) this would allow you to get 7-10 uninsulated copper wire per ingot in a cost of some decent power. :)

• Your ore unification is really cool idea, it would be great if it worked with factorization ore processing, at least with the last step, i.e. smelting crystalline metals. Your ore processing is a step in good direction, but it isn't enough. Currently I'm building frame machine just to save on some routers (30 to be exact) in fully automated system. It is a good thing that with expanding your mining capabilities you must also expand your ore processing a lot more. In IC2 one macerator and one powered furnace is everything I ever want from ore processing. However I think some people would kill you if you made macerator 4 times slower and without upgrades ;).

• suggestion: industrial wire mill (like the one in the ftb universal electricity pack) this would allow you to get 7-10 uninsulated copper wire per ingot in a cost of some decent power. :)

Fffff I like this suggestion a lot! multi-block wire mill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f…er_embedded&v=gcKB5vW2SbQ

vid shows the processes of a wire/rod mill in work.

• Try nitro-coalfuel cells, they are very energy effective for basically some coal and soul sand.

To use them you need:

compr = 800;
    extr = 800;
    macer = 800;
    coalFuelCell = compr + extr + macer;

waterCell = 200;

carbonCell = 1000;
    saltpeter = 12500/4; // 125 s + 4 soulsand per 1 dust
    nitroGenCell = (10 saltpeter + 5500)/2; // 10*4/2 = 20 soul sand for 1 nitroGenCell
    nitroCarbonCell = (nitroGenCell + carbonCell + 48000)/2; // 75 seconds, 10 nitroCarbonCell
    glycerilCell = (3 waterCell + 3 nitroCarbonCell + 56000)/6; // 87 seconds, 5 soulsand per glycerilCell

nitroCoalFuelCell = (glycerilCell + 4 coalFuelCell + 8000)/5; 1 soulsand per nitroCoalFuelCell

it costs 8775.42 to produce one, and you get 48k energy = 40k gain. But, that is a lot of micro management, requires trips to nether for soulsand and constant usage of coal (instead of using this coal to build some carbon plates for armour and advanced machines). Maybe this is a viable alternative, but I prefer to do something else, instead of micromanaging energy production.

• My suggestion is not to use soul sand for nitrogen, use enderpearl (make a good endermen farm first).

EDIT:

5 Nitro-fuel = 4 Diesel Cell + 1 Glyceryl
    6 Glyceryl = 3 NC + 3 Water
    2 NC = 1 Nitrogen + 1 Carbon

1 Nitrogen = (from electrolyzing 16 ender pearl dusts->20k-6k (blaze) taken into account that you can use it in the magic box) around 14000*16+65000+800*16 (from macerating 16 ender pearls) / 5 = 60360 eu
    1 Carbon = 1000+4000 (electrolyzing+coal fuel value) = 5000 eu
    1 NC = (5000+60360)/2 = 32680 eu
    1 Water = 0 (assuming that you can do it with RP2 without cost)
    1 Glyceryl = (3*32680 + 0)/6 = 16340 eu

so you gain.. 110k+ /4 diesel fuel if you do this.. well not really worth the trouble.. you can always pump lava from nether, wind mills, solar to the max lol

• What is this? Then how do you charge your lapotron crystal LOL? Diesel Generator is just another type of generator you can use like the geothermal generator, but instead of lava you use BC-fuel. Try the XBee oil bee for more resource of oil. Not talking about the efficiency here, because we know some of the generators are not useful enough.

16 wind mill array is more than enough to operate 2 miners with diamond drills, use gregtech machinery on that mined ore, and still get left over energy to charge 2 MFSU. 1 time investment. Later you can build nuclear reactors, if you need a lot more power. So, what is the point of micromanaging fuel production? Micromanaging for the sake of micromanaging?

• Automation with logistics pipes are your friend.
    Without gregtech logistics pipes (IMO) full potential feels wasted.
    That being said without Logistics pipes I would likely not enjoy gregtech as much, I really enjoy building complex automation systems, not such a fan of manual stuff (Except early game)

• So I turned off the storage block compression and storage block maceration in the config, and I noticed there is no longer a custom list for storage block crafting and reverse crafting. Now when I turn off compression and maceration for storage block there is no way to get them at all! Shouldn't turning off compression and maceration activate the crafting recipes?

• Automation with logistics pipes are your friend.
    Without gregtech logistics pipes (IMO) full potential feels wasted.
    That being said without Logistics pipes I would likely not enjoy gregtech as much, I really enjoy building complex automation systems, not such a fan of manual stuff (Except early game)

I see! I have yet to try using pipes. Creating automated fuel production could be indeed an interesting experience.