[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• 16 wind mill array is more than enough to operate 2 miners with diamond drills, use gregtech machinery on that mined ore, and still get left over energy to charge 2 MFSU. 1 time investment. Later you can build nuclear reactors, if you need a lot more power. So, what is the point of micromanaging fuel production? Micromanaging for the sake of micromanaging?

EDITED

Heh, I didn't see any "16 wind mill array" in your previous post. Hmm, say you get 600 buckets of oil/oil well, you use 25K MJ (around 27 272 buckets of oil in combustion engine) to convert 600 oil to fuel, and then by further conversion to nitro-fuel, the 328 buckets of fuel will give around... 410 nitro-coal fuel.. that's...not much only 164 millions eu .. and you still have to make those diesel generators, well this value can be increased if you use bioengine power or fuel instead of oil to convert the oil to fuel.

Yeah not worth it..

Btw, can you still use MFFS+Wither Skeleton tier 5 soul shard method to get automatic wither farm? man.. really want to try that 10 million nether star in the magic box.

The post was edited 6 times, last by noskk ().

• So I turned off the storage block compression and storage block maceration in the config, and I noticed there is no longer a custom list for storage block crafting and reverse crafting. Now when I turn off compression and maceration for storage block there is no way to get them at all! Shouldn't turning off compression and maceration activate the crafting recipes?

Not if "storageblockcrafting" (underneath those two) is still set to false.

EDIT: Ninja'd for the 3rd time!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

The post was edited 1 time, last by CrafterOfMines57 ().

• I see! I have yet to try using pipes. Creating automated fuel production could be indeed an interesting experience.

Logistics pipes can be a bit of a learning curve to start with (Its good to setup a creative world to mess around and learn how they work) But once you master them they are such a powerful tool.

• Greg a bit of a suggestion for using the Implosion Compressor. In Metallurgy 2 there are two new types of TNT that make use of the utility ores mainly phosphorous, magnesium, sulfur and saltpeter crafted with normal tnt in the center. Basically we have a LE (low explosive) and HE (high explosive) TNT. Low explosive breaks/destroys blocks that aren't ores and High explosive breaks/destroys all blocks. I was thinking maybe these could be used as an alternative to using Industrial TNT in the compressor but with each one having different rates of return.

Just toying around with HE TNT and realize you can level a mountain with just a few of them.

• With the custom ore gen mod it would be possible.
    Check in the first post of here, there is a reference to it somewhere.

• Hello fellows, users of the awesome Greg-tech addon for industrial craft 2! I'm not a newcomer, as it might look since I've never posted something in here, but I've already been using the Greg-tech intergalactical machines for quite a while. Well, I would like to discuss a little bit with you guys abou the Dragon Egg Siphon. I'm not gonna lie, it's a pretty expensive device, in my opinion, to it's uses. The 128 EU/t are good considering it's cost, having a Dragon Egg, wich, if you don't know, can be only obtained by killing the Ender Dragon in the end. This is not a early game item, absolutely not, so even knowing that it's constant 128 EU/t, even if it's raining or anything like that, it still runs, I don't think it's worth it. Basically because, if someone will have enough resources to craft a supercondensator, it could make a way more efficient wind mill energy production line. What I'm trying to say it's that it's output (or it's recipe, but it wouldn't be gregtech without ridicously expensive recipes :D) for something at least more useful, like a voltage between HV and MV, something around 300-350 EU/t. But this is just my opinion.

Now a suggestion to Sir Gregorius: as you might know, the ancient greeks frictioned amber and it produced some electricity, and I know just a magical mods that adds Amber, and I'm sure you do to ;). Maybe a generator that can run with friction electricity and, let's say, paper (to make the friction)? Or another type of Magnetizer?

Well, that's it. I will see you folks next time :D

• You can get more eggs in mystcraft sky biome and make more of this place and forget dragon egg siphon if you turn on the endereggduplication thingie in the config.

The recipe of the dragon egg siphon is around 6 iridium plates and some platinums (for the energy flow circuits), which is more expensive than 2 hybrid solar panel(4 iridium plates), but it also give you 128 eu/t at night time so the 2 additional iridium plates is fine..

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().

• Is it possible to extend the Debug-scanner to give some info on the vanilla IC2 blocks?
    And is it possible to have it print some info to help identify the blocks that are causing warnings like these in my serverlog:

2013-01-18 20:16:35 [WARNING] [IC2] EnergyNet.emitEnergyFrom: ic2.core.block.wiring.TileEntityTransformerLV@6b95b32a is not added to the enet

I am hoping there is a way to get the unique identifier (hash? not sure what to call it) associated with the block clicked on, in this case "6b95b32a".

• Hello,

As you know, I'm adding gregtech recipes to my powersuits mod. I love how you register everything with the oredictionary, makes it much easier. I'm just having a couple problems:
    1) Data circuit should be "circuitTier05", right? For some reason it's not working......
    2) Reactor components (neutronreflector, advanced heat vent) don't seem to have oredict entries... can I still use them in a recipe? How do you recommend?

• @noskk But you forgot the cost of all energy orbs, and it's a pain to craft all those lapotron crystals. So many diamonds.

• @noskk But you forgot the cost of all energy orbs, and it's a pain to craft all those lapotron crystals. So many diamonds.

Lapo crystal-> I'm using sapphire, the electronic circuits are even harder to get than sapphire..

EDIT: 6 Ir plates: 3 for the supercondensator, 1 for energy orb, and 2 iridium plates..

The post was edited 2 times, last by noskk ().

• Little present for people that like Greg capes and use an HD skins and cloaks mods like me.

HD GregTech Capes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6pn…90h/HD%20Greg%20Capes.zip

HD Greg's Personal Cape: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f61n…D%20Gregorius%20Capes.zip

Greg's Personal is just a yellow recolor. I will do the BrainTech capes tomorrow, time permitting.

Sizes are 2x, 4x, and 8x the originals. Nothing fancy, just a resize with some smoothing.

Edit: Greg's Personal Cape is for Greg himself. I would like it if nobody had the guile to use it, without his permission.

Edit 2: I will do recolors or slight adjusts for individuals if they want. Say something like a green logo and black background.

• Gregtech 2.76d
    IC2 1.112 build 198
    Error log:
    Game did't crash.

Full log: http://pastebin.com/83atHLM3

• Now a suggestion to Sir Gregorius: as you might know, the ancient greeks frictioned amber and it produced some electricity, and I know just a magical mods that adds Amber, and I'm sure you do to . Maybe a generator that can run with friction electricity and, let's say, paper (to make the friction)? Or another type of Magnetizer?

Why not. And thinking about the IRL efficiency of this phenomenom, I would suggest a NICE 0.01 EU/t as output *facepalm*.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• @share machine casings, yes you can share machine casings between all GT machines (implosion compressor, sawmill, industrial blast furnace, grinder, vacuum freezer).

Oh no :/. I think they shouldn't, but if I guess the reason right, it would occure more lag right Greg ? (Because I obviously thought if you could have aoivd this, you would have ^^).
    Why not making a MultiBlock Structure turning into some special block that couldn't be shared, as RC does ? You could also say that these advanced machines emits electro-magnetic pulsions that makes one explode while put at less than 10 block from another, don't you think ? ^^
    Because Machine Casing are currently insanely ... CHEAP. (at least for Standart and Reinforced).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!