[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• If this doesn't belong in this thread, could you let me know where to go? Anyway, I set up a fusion reactor, filled it with energy, then hooked up some superconductivewire to verify that my setup worked before I turned the reactor on. My understanding - and hopefully someone can correct me here - is that the wire carries packets of whatever size, which in this case would be 100,000, right? Nothing can take that much except for supercondensators, which output 8192/t, and I don't know what the packet size is. By analogy with the other transformers, it would be 4 packets of 2048, which is what I assumed. However, hooking up my AESU led to an immediate explosion. I can deal with the loss of the AESU, but I want to understand where I went wrong. In a creative world, I checked the three 2048-accepting gregtech machines(chargeomat, aesu, idsu) and none can take the output of a supercondensator. A matter fab can, but it excepts up to 8192, which is theoretically 4 times the packet size output by the supercondensator. I can also hook up an hv-transformer, which does what I would expect it to - it takes a size 2048 packet and outputs 4 512 eu packets. I can hook up an AESU to that safely, but it sort of defeats the purpose, since at that point I could also hook up a much cheaper MFSU. I thought maybe the AESU etc. were improperly labeled, and can only take 512 eu packets. I hooked up one AESU to another with the output at 2048, and that worked fine. So I don't know how to make sense of all of this. The only thing that fits is that the machines can only take 512 eu packets, AND the AESU outputs its power as 512eu packets, not the whole 2048. Can anyone help me? I can always throw in extra HV transformers, but I want to understand where I'm going wrong so I don't waste energy in my setup. Thanks!

• The supercondensator outputs 8192 eu/t. The problem is that you only had one output, so it sent all 8192 eu in a single packet which quickly blows up almost anything.
    What you should be doing is attaching 4 outputs to the supercondensator. This way each output is only a packet of 2048.

• BUG

If I use your sensor kit in the Industrial electrolizer I get this

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: shedar/mods/ic2/nuclearcontrol/NuclearNetworkHelper
    at gregtechmod.common.items.GT_SensorKit_Item.onItemUseFirst(GT_SensorKit_Item.java:67)
    at ir.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:397)
    at iv.a(NetServerHandler.java:578)
    at fk.a(SourceFile:58)
    at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)
    at iv.d(NetServerHandler.java:136)
    at iw.b(NetworkListenThread.java:57)
    at bec.b(IntegratedServerListenThread.java:108)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:703)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
    at bdz.q(IntegratedServer.java:159)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
    at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: shedar.mods.ic2.nuclearcontrol.NuclearNetworkHelper
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:185)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 13 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

• Hmmm....so the supercondensator doesn't act like the other transformers? Good to know. But why does a high-voltage transformer work? It should only be able to handle 2048, not 8192. Anywhere an HV transformer works, shouldn't an AESU also be safe? They both accept 2048 packets....right?

• the hv transformer can accept any voltage, so you don't even need the supercondensator. That is something that should really be fixed, by the way.

• HV Transformer accepts up to 8k EU, the fursion reactor outputts 32k EU/t in 1000000 packet bursts, requiring 4 supercondensators to harnes the power.

• Ah, that explains a lot. Thanks. Incidentally, to the other poster, you can't attach things to more than one side of the superconductor for output, because it only outputs through the one dot side. It's sort of the reverse of the other transformers.

If the HV transformer is accepting an 8192-eu packet, putting out 4 512s, and discarding the rest, than that explains it. But what happens to the rest of the eu? Does it only send a 2048-eu packet to the hv transformer, or does it send the whole thing and 6144 eu is lost?

• And if we're using Lava in the center of the Blast Furnace it should be okay, as the lava is totally enclosed won't set it aflame... right?

Not because of missing Coolant. Just if you set one of them on Fire via Flint and Steel or Lava.

• HV Transformer accepts up to 8k EU, the fursion reactor outputts 32k EU/t in 1000000 packet bursts, requiring 4 supercondensators to harnes the power.

So does that mean the reactor only sends out a packet every....1.5 seconds? Or is there an extra zero in there? So probably every 4 ticks, right? Either way, that means the condensators get presented with a size 100,000 packet 5 times a second. They each take 8 k, and now I'm confused again. Unless the superconducting wire stores some power, and "spreads" it out a bit, like golden conductive pipes with mj. So the condensators can output every tick, even though there is no packet coming from the reactor on that tick.

I feel like I'm studying for an exam here. :)

• The fusion reactor can actually output more than 32k EU/t just keep pumping power into it while its running. 4 Supercondensators is the amount you will need to draw 32k eu/t from the reactor, And yes that is 1000000, 1 Million

Fusion Reactor > 4 Supercondensators (4M Power downconverted every 30.52 ticks) > HV Transformers (Need 4 per Supercondensator > MV (4 Per HV) > LV (4 Per MV)

If i understand right if a HV gets more than 2k EU it drops the rest back into the line for other HV's to handle. So you will need 4 HV to handle a single 8k packet. Either that or It just accepts the 8k and transforms it all over 4 ticks, that is something I am not entirely sure of.

• Actually you can simply connect superconductor wires from the output of fusion reactor to 16 HV transformers. and still get all the eu from the fusion reactor. (only lose the last 98x,xxx eu due to the 1 million eu restriction).

The post was edited 2 times, last by noskk ().

• Am I doing the math wrong, or is nuclear power, even with Gregtech's buffed reactor parts, totally worthless?

One of the best designs on the forums is this one : http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…d83b78y8enonfoolys5g23280

Yet, despite being much more material efficient than the equivalent EU/tick using thorium, it only gives 100 EU/tick.

That's equivalent to 8 diesel generators. Burning Buildcrash oil, that means it costs :

For the base Reactor : 234 copper 25 tin 98 iron 22 gold 19 rubber 12 redstone 2 glowstone 2 lapis

For 8 diesel generators : 4 copper 32 tin 104 iron 20 gold 4 rubber 12 redstone

And the generators are much faster and easier to spam in large numbers. You do not have to configure them, they are easier to refuel automatically, no breeder reactor is involved, and so on.

Even worse, the most popular modpack that uses Gregtech has rare copper and tin, but very common iron.

Oil is available all over the place in huge deposits that are easy to pump. (if buildcrash is running)

• Greg : the platinum duping using thermal expansion is sort of fixed in the latest version of thermal expansion. However, you need to disable the "tiny pile of nickel dust" that you get from macerating iron ore. Otherwise, the fix doesn't really do anything. How about you just make it output a tiny pile of iron dust in place of nickel. (so basically you get extra iron every time you macerate iron)

Basically, what the fix does is it ties the production of duped platinum to the supply of Ferrous Ore (the moderately rare ore that contains platinum). This prevents you from going crazy and duping enormous amounts of platinum, however, with the nickel recipe from the industrial grinder this fix does not apply. (because iron is extremely common compared to ferrous ore)

• Greg : the platinum duping using thermal expansion is sort of fixed in the latest version of thermal expansion. However, you need to disable the "tiny pile of nickel dust" that you get from macerating iron ore. Otherwise, the fix doesn't really do anything. How about you just make it output a tiny pile of iron dust in place of nickel. (so basically you get extra iron every time you macerate iron)

Basically, what the fix does is it ties the production of duped platinum to the supply of Ferrous Ore (the moderately rare ore that contains platinum). This prevents you from going crazy and duping enormous amounts of platinum, however, with the nickel recipe from the industrial grinder this fix does not apply. (because iron is extremely common compared to ferrous ore)

Does TE still give you one ferrous dust for every 10-20 iron ore?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Lol your design is a Mark I design that uses only 1 chamber... I'm no Nuclear Expert but I can see why your EU output is so low. You should try using a more advanced design, and try using the computercube ingame to create your own effective design.

• Same problem here.

• Lol your design is a Mark I design that uses only 1 chamber... I'm no Nuclear Expert but I can see why your EU output is so low. You should try using a more advanced design, and try using the computercube ingame to create your own effective design.

Lol your design is a Mark I design that uses only 1 chamber... I'm no Nuclear Expert but I can see why your EU output is so low. You should try using a more advanced design, and try using the computercube ingame to create your own effective design.

Actually, in terms of materials/EU at the same level of efficiency, that design is one of the best designs possible. The "more advanced" designs have proportionally more cost.

• I believe i have found a bug. I have all the storage block crafting set to "true" however in game it will not let me craft several storage blocks. :( All crafting capabilities are broken except for copper(well that is what I fond so far) Patch/way to fix this would be much appreciated!

• I believe i have found a bug. I have all the storage block crafting set to "true" however in game it will not let me craft several storage blocks. :( All crafting capabilities are broken except for copper(well that is what I fond so far) Patch/way to fix this would be much appreciated!

Regenerate your config, the crafting/uncrafting of storage blocks have been moved to advanced config (warning: ID mismatch after regenerating the config)