[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hmm, you can do that? so Greg has implemented that?

EDIT: tested and worked; ok that's cool..
    EDIT2: too bad you can't pump mercury/sodium persulfate to grinder.. or tritium, deuterium to fusion reactor..

Yeah. It would be cool to pump mercury in the I. Grinder :/

• Why the hell is distillation tower refining so freaking expensive??? 2kk energy per process?? Screw that I ll use my astro-technological diamond-geared refinery.
    by the way, you forgot to add a recepie for crude oil (from same mod as oil sands)
    and 1 oil sand = 1 oil can is a bit of overkill, as a small trip can give 5-10 stacks of oil sands easily

Haha, yeah it's so damn expensive.... just forget the distilation tower for oil -> fuel conversion until he add other stuff and better use the BC refinery it's around 25k MJ and 50 sec per bucket.. (800 sec per 16 bucket which is the same with distillation tower).. the EU:MJ is 5.12:1 (128k eu : 25k MJ).

• Redlion : all that means is that you will never run out of uranium. It doesn't change the fact that you have to invest a ton of materials to get a lousy return in energy production.

Thing is, it's also really hard to run out of buildcraft oil. There's many many geysers over a decent sized area, and some of them contain many thousands of blocks down in the storage pool. Maybe you get less EU per bucket, but that distinction only matters if you run out.

• How can you make the machines burn :S
    I don't wanna accidentally

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Anyone know any good tools to figure out what's causing huge amounts of server lag.

I'm peaking at 75ms/tick on overworld while normal is ~20ms/t.

And this lag is present even without any players logged on.

Though there are several chunk loaders and automated systems running at all times.

• --[Suggestion]-- Research system, chemical properties and random Components for "Mysterious Ore".

The idea would be to implement some Ore in each dimension, which would have differents components (could be randomly generated for each at the GENERATION OF THE WORLD or at the GENERATION OF THE CHUNK but also could be the same for something like 20*20 chunks).
    These ore would be a bit rare, but each vein would also be huge. You could turn it into dust using the Macerator. What would be the point of these ore ? You don't know what's in when you mine it.
    To discover the components of one ore, you would have to put it into a GUI from the Chemical Chamber. Then, depending on what it contains, it would react with stuff you put around. So, as in TC3, you wouldhave to test a lot of stuff to get the discovery.
    It would need a chemistry reactions system, but easy to understand: by adjusting the Temperature, the Pressure and the Voltage Bar (assuming it's something that can be electrolyzed for this one ^^) and using some components known to react with one particular thing, you would be able to:
    -Generate EU in certain case [That would be a way to use your Sodium and Potassium in a more efficient way to generate EU, by putting them with Water cells, even if that wouldn't be a part of the system reseach ^^]
    -Guess from what an ore is made, then testing some others products, and while finally you've find the good Component and tested it with the appropriate reaction, you could try to find some "Proccessing Methods" [for certains ore, several methods could be found, as electrolyzing, centrifuging or just using the Chemical Reactor in an industrial way, generating what component you want in the GUI ^^] to get ressources from it.

The "mysterious" ore would contains some rare things, in order to make research with it useful. Once you've got a Processing Method registered in a Data Storage Units (I guess there is also something like that in GregTech, but I'm not sure of the name ^^), just put it with the ore into the good machine (if the processing Method involve the Chemical Reactor, you would have to make it by hand, and wouldn't have any Processing Methode registered, but it would also generally be more efficient, in terms of EU and of ressources got). It would need a special slots for Processing Method in each machines, of course. And Processing Method could be copied (and of course shared), so you could sell it ^^.

If you're just bored using this, but also if you've got Plenthy of ressources, you can also use the Mass Spectromoter, which need 128EU/t, a lot of time (from 1 hour to 3 day, depending on how useful the ressource is, or just randomly determined ^^ [Could also be done by coding a probability of 1% progression per hour, or something like that), but also a lot of Highly Advanced Casing Machine, and maybe a GregTech Computer Cube for collecting datas (because it is actually almost useless ^^).

As for IDs, I'm not develloper, but I think the IC² crops code could be used to determine components of the ore ...

Edit: I thought something pretty similar could be done with Nuclear Reactor for researching way of turning one components into another (sorts of cheaper Fusion-like reaction, as an example, you could do Iridium-Cells [can be centrifuged to get Ingot/Dust] out of Gold + 4 times the time it needs to recharge a Depleted Isotope Cell).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

The post was edited 1 time, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Found the cause of 90% of my server lag....2 hot breeders once I took those 2 out I was at 7ms/t again.

Is anyone else having similar issues with breeders?, it made no difference in my case if they were on or not.

Going to test in sp creative to see what part of the setup causes the problem.

edit.
    Lag caused by railcraft itemloaders trying to keep breeder supplied with Depleted Isotope Cells :cursing: :cursing:

Seems that I'm going to move to hoppers and supplier pipes instead of continuing with these lag loaders...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Geggo ().

• Seriously? Another research system? Isn't enough the actual TC research system and the future EE3 and Mystcraft Research System?

• Seriously? Another research system? Isn't enough the actual TC research system and the future EE3 and Mystcraft Research System?

The thing I was suggesting, was slightly different from TC: I mean that TC is very fun the first time you played it, but once it's done, you know how to proceed, and it's quite quicker. That's why I suggested something that would change each time you play, and maybe several research per game, i.e potentially illimited fun to have with.

As for EE3 and Mystcraft, I just don't use it (and didn't know EE3 would have a research system), because they are clearly OP:
    Mystcraft for Dense Ores, Eternal Day + No Weather, and above all, easy and free teleportation.
    EE3, because while Exchange will stay Equivalent, there WILL be exploit. And EMC value aren't the one I would give for each Items (i.e. gold is clearly OP to me, and I don't want something that makes Stuff obtainable from Cobble/Sand/Wood/Another renewable crap)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The thing I was suggesting, was slightly different from TC: I mean that TC is very fun the first time you played it, but once it's done, you know how to proceed, and it's quite quicker. That's why I suggested something that would change each time you play, and maybe several research per game, i.e potentially illimited fun to have with.

As for EE3 and Mystcraft, I just don't use it (and didn't know EE3 would have a research system), because they are clearly OP:
    Mystcraft for Dense Ores, Eternal Day + No Weather, and above all, easy and free teleportation.
    EE3, because while Exchange will stay Equivalent, there WILL be exploit. And EMC value aren't the one I would give for each Items (i.e. gold is clearly OP to me, and I don't want something that makes Stuff obtainable from Cobble/Sand/Wood/Another renewable crap)

You gotta think outside the block dude. Gregtech became mainly popular because of the FTB modpack and it's videos and other content, and the people that play the vannila FTB or the Mindcrack they do use the mods that I mentioned. I'm not saying that your idea isn't good, because is at least something interesting to see it when it would be complete, I'm just saying that this might not apply to be added in a mod like Gregtech. MAYBE, if it was optinal, that would be a fairly better. And, my personal opinion, Gregtech and IC2 are wayyyyy more related to physics than to chemistry. AND, not even SC2 takes so long to work...

• The thing I was suggesting, was slightly different from TC: I mean that TC is very fun the first time you played it, but once it's done, you know how to proceed, and it's quite quicker. That's why I suggested something that would change each time you play, and maybe several research per game, i.e potentially illimited fun to have with.

Equivalent exchange would be a lot less exploitable if there were some tiers so for example you could only change cobble to sand/gravel etc but not to iron or wheat and so on.

Or that the transaction had side effect like transmutation has in TC as it will increase flux

• what settings were you using on the loaders?

• what settings were you using on the loaders?

4xDepleted Isotope Cells in the filter and Transfer mode with Wait on. (oh and they were Advanced variant cause I wanted to keep the track short)

At most times there was a full cart waiting to unload and the buffer was full also.

• Hey Greg, well, I just wanted to know why the ender hives that have the Ender Bees inside don't spawn in your asteroids? I would like to know if the person responsible about this is you or Sir Sengier (or Binnie, I don't remember if they exist in vanilla Forestry)

• ExtraBees is Binnie, and the bees don't spawn on the asteroids probably because ExtraBees just hooks vanilla (Forge) worldgen to add the bees, it would need to extend GT worldgen to add them on the asteroids as well. Maybe GregTech already has an API call for this, I don't know.
    But they don't seem very useful, since if you have access to the Ender Bees, you can get all the Enderballs you need much quicker than waiting on bees. Maybe they breed to something else though.
    One possibility to consider, I believe you can create new Ender Bees with some effort through the various bee genetic machines added by that mod.

Hey Greg, well, I just wanted to know why the ender hives that have the Ender Bees inside don't spawn in your asteroids? I would like to know if the person responsible about this is you or Sir Sengier (or Binnie, I don't remember if they exist in vanilla Forestry)

• you can also create new ender bees through breeding. really you only need a couple hives, and since they need the enderdragon egg to work, only one person can use them.

• you can also create new ender bees through breeding. really you only need a couple hives, and since they need the enderdragon egg to work, only one person can use them.

Good that I made my Dragon Egg Siphon working with an Egg ontop of it and not inside of it. And the Bees could generate on my Asteroids, but thats REALLY rare, because my Asteroids are small.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• 4xDepleted Isotope Cells in the filter and Transfer mode with Wait on. (oh and they were Advanced variant cause I wanted to keep the track short)

At most times there was a full cart waiting to unload and the buffer was full also.

you should try redpower+tubestuff for a auto-breeder, Auto Crafting Table II (combining depleted with coaldust) > filter > tube > relay pointed into reactor chamber, and filter > tube > chest to get the goods out again, personally i paint the lines into the relays and chest and filters set with colour boxes meaning i can use only 1 tube between the 2 breeders 14 blocks down in a Tungsteel box under my house and the point of collection/supply at the basement