[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hey fellows, I would like to ask any Itergalactical Nuclear Engineers out there to give me some hints or show me some designs for Nuclear Reactors. Automation not needed, just the designs or stuff like that would be cool. I'm looking forward to a massive EU production, but resources are not a problem (check the bottom (or almost the bottom) of my profile to understand. That's it. If anyone wants to help me, feel free to do so :D

List of greg tech nuclear reactor designs: [Reactor Designs] The GregTech-Thread for Reactor Designs! (Please dont spam me like Rick, with tons of noobish Plans, PLEASE!!!)

Also check a couple pages back and you will see a discussion on nuclear reactor designs as well

On the topic if LHC: It is way to small (in terms of beam current) to be usable for industrial purposes.

• Yeah that is why I was going the route of making the LHC the key to unlock mistcraft type stuff since it is research based proving the existence of alternative universes and other such discoveries. I dont think it would be a good idea anymore because it would basically be a massive change to unlocking the mod. Lol the LHC could be used to produce a wormhole that opens up a portal to dimension where there is iridium, chrome and titanium for days. Yeah it may not actually be a good idea or make a whole lot of sense but I just want some more high end items to work to.

BUT IT'S STILL A FUDGING PARTICLE COLLIDER!!!!!!!!11!!!11!!1!!!
    You see, LHC is the name of ONE SPECIFIC collider, the Large Hadron Collider on the French/Swiss border. Call it whatever, Synchrotron, Collider, whatever, just NOT LHC.

But i actually think it is a good idea to add particle colliders to GT. It would probably take the power of half a fusion reactor to run, and it should collide electrons with positrons, as they annihilate each other, releasing even more energy. It would also be psycotically expensive, requiring metric craptons of superconductors. That'd be awesome.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I have a question about the industrial sawmill.

I have set up the structure and the sawmill give me the green light. Then I put some watercells and oak logs in the machine.
    But nothing is happening. The machine have enough power to run. It' not saying that he has an unefficient energyline.
    Is this still a work in progress or I'm missing something?

BTW I love this mod :) expensive resources but worth it

thanks a lot

• The industrial sawmill is working fine here, just tried it in the creative mode, oak log at upper slot, water cell (or just pump water to it with aqueous accumulator) at bottom slot with 128 eu/t.

• As said by others: Nickel needs more uses. It's currently an abundant metal with only one or two uses.
    IRL, Nickle is used in Super Alloys (Advanced alloy recipe right there) and in the making of stainless steel. It's also used in rechargeable batteries as well as mixing with bronze, brass and Tungsten Carbide.

As for Particle Accelerators: With greg's idea of inter-world/space travel, the Accelerator could be used as a viable fantasy means for transportation (The theory that it could generate a Black Hole being the precedent for inter-dimensional travel in this case). Being built of extremely expensive materials (Iridium obviously) and arranged as a multi-block structure in a larger version of a fusion reactor coil's shape. Requiring several billion EU to start up and consuming several thousand EU/t, it would generate a portal inside the ring that teleports the player to whatever dimension it's intended to go.
    The portal the player comes out of lacks the accelerator on the other side, but will remain open for as long as power goes to the accelerator on the other side.
    Or something like that...

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• the theory that it could have generated a black hole was always completely and utterly ridiculous. It is along the lines of nuclear waste turning someone into a monster. It was completely unfounded.

• Actually, based on the strict definition of a black hole, the LHC or even the RHIC could probably easily make them.

The problem is the stigma attached to the term "black hole". If the black hole is smaller than an atom, it will decay so quickly that it can't do anything, so even if the colliders make them, they are in no way a threat.

For antimatter production, you would probably want either a hadron collider or a lepton collider, where the former has the advantage of attaining higher beam energies (less cyclotron radiation losses) and the latter has advantages of more control of the beam, which results in higher beam intensities (electrons are lighter, so easier to focus).

The problem would be the absurd amount of energy needed to run the accelerators, and the absurdly high beam currents needed to make any sizeable amount of antimatter from them, you would probably at most get 30% efficiency (assuming using ultra high tech stuff we can't possibly make now), which ofc means you will not be using the antimatter as a fuel source for main power, but as a fuel source for weapons or portable devices.

To get the beam currents needed, you would probably have to use a few thousand or more smaller particle accelerators in parallel rather than one large one, for a good basic example see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M…lectromagnetic_separation
    To make antimatter, rather than running a uranium beam through a mass spectrometer, you would collide either proton or electron beams, where the electron beams need a minimal energy of about 1MeV and the proton beams about 2GeV.

• greg, could you allow more types of essentia to be used in the magical energy converter? particularly, motus (motion) and Machina (machine) seem like good candidates. Also, could you allow essentia phials to be emptied safely in the extractor?

• Hawking Radiation at it's finest; preventing the black holes made by massive particle accelerators from being able to affect much of anything.

Now, real doomsday usage of the LHC would be if they managed to accidentally whip up some strange matter. Shit would turn the whole planet into one big strangelet. And likely more of our solar system if it managed to shift the earth enough to screw up our ability to not head straight at the sun.
    But yeah, the LHC has likely created over a dozen black holes already. But no strange matter, so yay. We're not all dead.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Hawking Radiation at it's finest; preventing the black holes made by massive particle accelerators from being able to affect much of anything.

Now, real doomsday usage of the LHC would be if they managed to accidentally whip up some strange matter. Shit would turn the whole planet into one big strangelet. And likely more of our solar system if it managed to shift the earth enough to screw up our ability to not head straight at the sun.
    But yeah, the LHC has likely created over a dozen black holes already. But no strange matter, so yay. We're not all dead.

Thing is that all depends on whether nor not strange matter is stable, which is still highly questionable, considering that it would be the first* case of something containing anything other than the lightest flavour stable.

Also, current observations of neutron stars indicate that strange matter is not stable.

If strange matter were stable, then it should be more noticable, and given that it would interact with neutron stars.

*Neutrinos don't count, as they have a bad habit of changing flavour, so don't really count as "stable".

• On the Particle Accelerator Topic: It's been suggested many times before (by me and some others ^^), but I don't think it should be a way to produce energy, I just think it could be a part of some research system, or maybe a way to generate better than UUM things. The ultimate machine (until you get something even better, but for now, it would be the ultimate machine ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• V2.77d:
    Due to my geniality, I finally found a Way to unificate the Output of Thermal Expansions Machines (and to adjust some of the Outputs to match the Macerator equivalents), by just using the API of it. The weak point for that Hack was Minecraft itself, and the possibility of setting all 3 values (ID, Amount, Metadata) of an ItemStack even after its creation, making the "final"-Statement completly futile (well not that compeltly, I cant add or remove secondary Outputs using that Method).
    Machines now explode when on Fire. This happens randomly, so that the Fire has time to spread to other Machines.
    Some Bugfixes and Recipe additions were ofcourse also happening.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Just wondering Greg, did you consider the NBT-Sorter idea I had a few pages back?

He generally says he don't answer anyone because there's too much suggestions, but adds some to its TODO list. And asking that is probably pretty anoying for him ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• @MatPotatoes (because Quoting is broken)
    Okay sure. I'm pretty good at annoying people, sometimes on purpose and sometimes accidentally.

• And you thought i was dead.

Great job on all the new improvements greg.

@Partical exelerator(am I right?)
    There isn't a way it could create black holes. Black holes are a singularity of a massive thing(created by the collapsing of stars)

Suggestion: a machine that utilizes lasers and magnetic force to create a coolant that is -5 Kelvin, and can absorb finite amounts of heat (for an ridiculous price of course)

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Hi Greg, I think there's something wrong with the amount of tin you can get from centrifuging 16 lava cells, it should be 10 instead of 18.

EDIT: nvm, I didn't realize that the nmber of empty cells you get from 4 tins had been changed from 8 to 4..

The post was edited 1 time, last by noskk ().