[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Did anyone ever use LESU? It is so extremely expensive, that I don't see why anyone would ever want to use it... it would be cheaper to create a chest full of lapotron crystals and feed them in and out of a MFSU. On the top of that the limited output... I just can't find a way in which it could possibly be useful.

Also, Greg, are you planning in rebalancing TE in gregtech? Right now, it's pretty useful for all the cell emptying/filling recipies, but otherwise it's one of the most OP mods out there... pulverizer is better and cheaper than macerator, induction smelter is cheaper and can do a lot of blast furnaces work (like pyrite smelting). And the buildcraft-energy battery, which completely breaks MJ power system with it's OPness (although this last one doesn't really interfere with gregtech).

Lastly I just wanted to say that Gregtech is awesome, improves the way technical mods are played in general, you are a visionary, etc.....

• Thanks dude :D

But if the anti-matter could be made, it would destroy itself pretty quickly, producing a crazy amount of energy. But, to get the anti-matter, you have to use the electrons, protons and neutrons to get the prositons, negatrons and the antineutron. Getting these particles could be pretty hard ingame, if that was even possible.

• Thanks dude :D

But if the anti-matter could be made, it would destroy itself pretty quickly, producing a crazy amount of energy. But, to get the anti-matter, you have to use the electrons, protons and neutrons to get the prositons, negatrons and the antineutron. Getting these particles could be pretty hard ingame, if that was even possible.

It won't produce more energy than it cost to make. As it is, Nuclear fission/fusion would already make almost the same order of magnitude of energy per mass of fuel (only a factor of 10^2 - 10^3 less), and do not cost anywhere near as much energy to make.

The actual antimatter particles you would use would anti-protons and positrons, no need to make anti-neutrons, and negatrons don't exist, or is not a standard particle name. Theoretically you can store the antimatter inside a chamber with the correct magnetic and electric field arrangement (a type of penning trap), which would work best for charged particles, so trying to make it neutral might not be the best idea.

To make a positron would require the creation of an electron as well, which is why It takes a minimum of about 1MeV. To make the anti-proton requires the creation of a proton, which would cost a minimum of about 2GeV to spawn both.

Antimatter is as stable* as normal matter, so if it is extracted from the reaction and stored correctly it will not destroy itself, annihilation only occurs when it interacts with normal matter.

*it may be slightly less stable, but still stable due to something called C-P violation, but not currently known why

• Hey fellows, I would like to ask any Itergalactical Nuclear Engineers out there to give me some hints or show me some designs for Nuclear Reactors. Automation not needed, just the designs or stuff like that would be cool. I'm looking forward to a massive EU production, but resources are not a problem (check the bottom (or almost the bottom) of my profile to understand. That's it. If anyone wants to help me, feel free to do so :D

These 2 are the main work horses of my base:

64k Heat Breeder

4xQuad Uranium 320eu/t

You can replace the uranium cell in the breeder with thorium and it will work just the same.

And I generally fill the empty slots in the reactors with heat capacity reactor platings just to make sure I or automation can't add too much fuel.

• Not really the same, except for the EU generated. Reactor planner says you can charge 5 times more cells with thorium...

I meant for the breeder working safely with either cell but could have actually said so I guess.

• Also, Greg, are you planning in rebalancing TE in gregtech? Right now, it's pretty useful for all the cell emptying/filling recipies, but otherwise it's one of the most OP mods out there... pulverizer is better and cheaper than macerator, induction smelter is cheaper and can do a lot of blast furnaces work (like pyrite smelting). And the buildcraft-energy battery, which completely breaks MJ power system with it's OPness (although this last one doesn't really interfere with gregtech).

There is a Config Option in Thermal expansion which makes Pulverizer and Induction Smelter more expensive (still one Diamond cheaper than Macerator, but who cares). And the Magma Crucible is something I never use for generating Energy (only to generate Obsidian in the beginning, because its a PITA to harvest).

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I just updated to V2.77d from I don't know which version since it is not part of the file name. Now I cannot uncraft iron blocks, YES I KNOW there is a config option, I have the config set to allow uncrafting, to allow crafting, to not require smelting nor maceration nor compression of storage blocks. I still cannot uncraft an iron block.

• There is a Config Option in Thermal expansion which makes Pulverizer and Induction Smelter more expensive (still one Diamond cheaper than Macerator, but who cares). And the Magma Crucible is something I never use for generating Energy (only to generate Obsidian in the beginning, because its a PITA to harvest).

I would also say, that if you're not using OP addons, you don't have anyway with TE to produce infinite energy. Things like Netherrack can be nerfed with the config, so I don't find it OP. And TE machines are way slower than IC² one, plus you'll need a different power net, and GregTech machines can't be power by MJ ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I would also say, that if you're not using OP addons, you don't have anyway with TE to produce infinite energy. Things like Netherrack can be nerfed with the config, so I don't find it OP. And TE machines are way slower than IC² one, plus you'll need a different power net, and GregTech machines can't be power by MJ ^^

Yeah the time you need to convert 1 Netherrack to 1 lava bucket is enought to go to the nether and pump to some cells 5 buckest and use the liquid transposer to put the lava in a tank. And the MJ consumption is way higer.

• Greg, I was looking in the Advanced recipes config and I found this option:
    B:"item.wood gas cell"=true
    The wood gas cell is the cell that is outputed by the wood gasseificator, from the Advanced Generators mod? And why the ""?

• Quick question (hopefully)

How do I pull items out of an industrial grinder? It doesn't output to RP tubes or relays. I tried BC pipes and no go, gates don't work either (tried energy pulser from an autoarchic gate). No info in either wiki and I've read the last few pages of this forum, but didn't see anything.

• Please add a config option to disable machine explosion when on fire, it already happened to me in my testing world, at least it's not in the main world.
    And please fix the Power Crystals' nether ores, the 7 of them I told you about. They still give the same amount of materials the normal ores do.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

The post was edited 3 times, last by SteveofDoom ().

• Please add a config option to disable machine explosion when on fire, it already happened to me in my testing world, at least it's not in the main world.

Maybe he wants us to submerge our industrial blast furnaces under water :)

• Maybe he wants us to submerge our industrial blast furnaces under water :)

That wouldn't make any goddamn sense.
    We need more heat. Build more advanced machine casings. Now it's too hot and it's burning. Put it underwater. Well, fuck logic. :P

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• You need more heat inside the machine. You do not need more heat or fire on the components outside the machine that control the inner bits where the processing actually happens.

Make sense?

Also, one interpretation of more advanced casings is that they are better at insulating the inside from the outside, so less heat is lost to the environment, allowing it to reach a higher temperature with the same energy.

• Greg, I was looking in the Advanced recipes config and I found this option:
    B:"item.wood gas cell"=true
    The wood gas cell is the cell that is outputed by the wood gasseificator, from the Advanced Generators mod? And why the ""?

EVERY Recipe which is added by me, or has anything to do with my Machines, has an automatically generated Config. This is one of these Configs. And the "" are there, because there are spaces inside the Name of the Item (No internal Name should contain spaces, there are underscores and camelcases for that).

And please fix the Power Crystals' nether ores, the 7 of them I told you about. They still give the same amount of materials the normal ores do.

I always forget doing that... WHY!?!

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)