[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I would think that combining 2 hydrogen cells, 1 oxygen cell, and a sulfur cell would do it. Probably adding a recipe in the chemical combiner or what ever the machines name is called.

Probably something like burning sulfur (reaction with Oxygen) to get SO2 gas, that can be further oxidize to get SO3 gas, and then combine it with water to get H2SO4.

• Problem from NEI ? Try with the Blast Furnace.

no NEI is working fine and I have been using the Blast Furnace from Gregtech so no clue were the problem is, went troo the config several times. going to look at it again but I doubt il find enything
    dose not help that there's no error's for it.

• no NEI is working fine and I have been using the Blast Furnace from Gregtech so no clue were the problem is, went troo the config several times. going to look at it again but I doubt il find enything
    dose not help that there's no error's for it.

You need to upgrade the Blast Furnace for smelting Chrome. See the Heat Capacity? Is it matching the Heatcapacity NEI shows you? If not then use better Machine Casings.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• also helps to put lava in the 2 spaces that you leave in the middle of the multi-block structure for the Blast Furnace, adds like 500 heat to it and allows you to use less blocks.

• V2.77g (wow, thats a lot of minor Releases)
    Fixed Blaze-Reactors in two Ways:
    1. Blazes no longer give you Coal Dust (Dark Ashes instead)
    2. Coal Dust no longer centrifugable into Thorium
    Added the Coal-Ore Byproduct Thorium Dust (So you need to silktouch Coal Ore now)
    Disabled Thermal-Expansion-Recipe Overload per default. You need to turn it back on under the Features Tab, if you have an older Version of TE and want OreDict-Unification for its Machines. This Config will get removed in MC 1.5 as it's only for older TE Versions.
    Added Configsection for Machines (all those Dangerous explosion Stuff) into the Main Config. I also moved the constant Energy requirement into that Section.
    Made Autocraftingtable a bit more intelligent when converting OreDict-Stuff and piling Dusts.
    You can now empty my Liquid based Generators with Containers (like Cells or Buckets). If you just wanna place your Diesel Generators somewhere else and don't have the Time to let them run out of Energy.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Greg, your mod is really awesome, but many of your items/blocks/interfaces could use some better textures. Because a such great mod with great content must also look nice.

• Fixed Blaze-Reactors in two Ways:

So many Soul Shard users will cry :D
    I guess you want to annoy members of your server ? ;)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I like the idea of multiple in/outputs on the LESU. That would give you an cool-looking thing that is exspensive but could replace cables and other storage blocks completly.

Yep, I also love it (just to make walls of itand charging my tool anywhere ^^) but ... it would need in that case to be more expensive than every cables ... including SC cable ... which are, to me, too expensive: an easier way not to lose EU is actually using transformers, or even Storage Blocks!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I don't think anyone asked you this question.
    Can you tell me how does the Fusion Reactor behave when using one of thoes EU-consuming recipes?
    If constantenergymachine = true does it nullify it's progress when no or a low amount of EU is supplied per tick.
    If it's false, does it pause progress until you add energy or does it still go on with the progress. My logical answer would be that it pauses until you supply EU and then it continues. How does it work when constantenergymachine = true if the that rule applies to it?
    I want to know that so I can do maybe more automation.
    BTW Have you worked on your automation system so we can recreate it for the Fusion Reactor as there is an image place holder on the community driven wiki?

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Ouch.... glad I did not invest too heavily in my reactor, and can reuse the parts I did build already.

Can I suggest an alternate fix instead to provide equivalent EU/t to a Boiler -> Steam Turbine setup? A Blaze rod is worth 2400 heat, and a 36HP boiler consumes 15.84 heat/tick to produce 720 Steam. Steam Turbine produces 1 EU per 3.2 Steam so we have 1 Blaze Rod worth 2400/15.84*720/3.2 = 34090 EU.
    At maximum efficiency a Quad Thorium cell provides 28M EU in 1M ticks, or 7M EU per Thorium Cell, using the 34090 EU per Blaze Rod we get from the boiler this gives a conversion of 205 Blaze Rod -> 1 Thorium Cell. I would suggest an Electrolyzer recipe which takes 48 Blaze Rod and outputs 1 tiny pile of Thorium Dust (plus other outputs) for 128K EU cost.
    Quad Thorium Cell will take 40 copper per 28M EU, the Steam Turbine takes 99 steel per ~400M EU, but I think it's a minor concern.

V2.77g (wow, thats a lot of minor Releases)
    Fixed Blaze-Reactors in two Ways:
    Added the Coal-Ore Byproduct Thorium Dust (So you need to silktouch Coal Ore now)

• Blaze soul shards are an EE2-level free energy source, especially when combined with water. If you can get a wither skeleton soul shard, it would provide a fully automatable source of free coal. Unless it would be possible to mark those drops, and anything produced from them, as unusable for advanced processing (for example, they count as an especially pure form that doesn't have the impurities that the advanced processing extracts) (if it was possible, why not do the same for fabricated lava?), the common mod packs just aren't balanced in a way that avoids exploits and free materials when combined with GregTech.

• Thanks for the config, after checking the config now I know that my GT machines will also explode if there's rain/thunderstorm..

No Roof + Rain/Thunder = Boom, will get added later. I just added the Config for it before, to inform you about my Plans.

If constantenergymachine = true does it nullify it's progress when no or a low amount of EU is supplied per tick.

That Config has no Effect on the Reactor.

Code
    1. if (mFusionEnergy < 0) {
    2.     if (!decreaseStoredEnergy(-mFusionEnergy, true)) {
    3.     mActive = false;
    4.     mFusiontime = 0;
    5.     }
    6.     } else {
    7.     increaseStoredEnergy(mFusionEnergy);
    8.     }

GregTech Website

• Not even close. Tier 5 Blaze Spawner will make ~600 EU/t with Blaze Rod as Boiler fuel, the most efficient use now since 2.77G. It is a lot of power, but in EE2 you could make a diamond every few seconds using nothing more than a Cow and some basic RedPower automation.

P.S. check how much energy you can get from Zombie spawner ;)

Blaze soul shards are an EE2-level free energy source, especially when combined with water. If you can get a wither skeleton soul shard, it would provide a fully automatable source of free coal. Unless it would be possible to mark those drops, and anything produced from them, as unusable for advanced processing (for example, they count as an especially pure form that doesn't have the impurities that the advanced processing extracts) (if it was possible, why not do the same for fabricated lava?), the common mod packs just aren't balanced in a way that avoids exploits and free materials when combined with GregTech.

• Not even close. Tier 5 Blaze Spawner will make ~600 EU/t with Blaze Rod as Boiler fuel, the most efficient use now since 2.77G. It is a lot of power, but in EE2 you could make a diamond every few seconds using nothing more than a Cow and some basic RedPower automation.

P.S. check how much energy you can get from Zombie spawner ;)

Clearly you think Blaze are a good source of coal then you missed out.... Wither Skeleton Spawner are even better. Tier 5 drop one could bring in so much frigan coal its insane. More and more mods are nerfing blaze rods usage but not as many nerf coal usage.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I tested a Wither Spawner too, drop chance of coal and blaze rods is about the same % actually.

Clearly you think Blaze are a good source of coal then you missed out.... Wither Skeleton Spawner are even better. Tier 5 drop one could bring in so much frigan coal its insane. More and more mods are nerfing blaze rods usage but not as many nerf coal usage.

• I don't think I understand this part Greg.

Code
    1. if (!decreaseStoredEnergy(-mFusionEnergy, true)) {
    2. mActive = false;
    3. mFusiontime = 0;
    4. }

What does that decreaseStoredEnergy do and that true var there?

EDIT: I don't understand why you would need RE-Batteries when you get the end game stuff. The 2x Battery with 1 Lead and 1 Sulfur Dust was the best thing. Distillation tower is the most expensive multiblock machine excluding the fusion reactor. You mostly need more batteries at the start. I would agree if you used Sodium Persulfate or Sulfur or something you don't get in the late/end game.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by SteveofDoom ().