[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• I'm totally supporting your suggestion too

So do I. (Failed at quoting :p). But ... the Idea of replacing the Sulfur by Sulfuric Acid was a good one. Just make it obtainable by some other means. (Or make it create 3 batterys ^^)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Thats the Manager. The Manager emits Redstone, what is disabling the Matterfabricator. Eloraam should make her Manager not outputting Redstone in the Direction it is facing. Same with Regulator.

Or add a small button in matterfab GUI to revert its redstone behavior, if possible. If not i suggest using a chest + GT translocator to move scrap inside the matterfab.

So do I. (Failed at quoting :p). But ... the Idea of replacing the Sulfur by Sulfuric Acid was a good one. Just make it obtainable by some other means. (Or make it create 3 batterys ^^)

Got a question, factorization sulfuric acid can be used for that?

• Hi! I've install NEI with plugin. But if i am added GrechTech addon to my klient, NEI will become crazy! In most of recipes is lot's of variants to craft. That's good,that's doing Gregtech. But NEI changing recipes automaticly too quick! I can't craft anything when there's 15 different recipes and they changed every 1 sec! Can you know how fix it?

There is my problem in a videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BhlJjkdw4

This is normal. You can disable this GregTech behavior by going to the Recipes.cfg file and disabling alternate circuitry/machine recipes from different mods.

This is what the default config looks like:
    http://gregtech-addon.wikispac…cipes.cfg+2.75c#circuitry

• Hi! I've install NEI with plugin. But if i am added GrechTech addon to my klient, NEI will become crazy! In most of recipes is lot's of variants to craft. That's good,that's doing Gregtech. But NEI changing recipes automaticly too quick! I can't craft anything when there's 15 different recipes and they changed every 1 sec! Can you know how fix it?

There is my problem in a videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BhlJjkdw4

I think you can hold shift to stop the recipe from changing, or you can just disable some of them in the config..

• Quoted from "MatLaPatate"
    Quoted from "Perseuscrafter"
    I'm totally supporting your suggestion too
    So do I. (Failed at quoting :p). But ... the Idea of replacing the Sulfur by Sulfuric Acid was a good one. Just make it obtainable by some other means. (Or make it create 3 batterys )
    Got a question, factorization sulfuric acid can be used for that?

Nah :/. It's not part of the Forge Liquid-Directionary. And, it would be too much OP xD

• Nah :/. It's not part of the Forge Liquid-Directionary. And, it would be too much OP xD

Considering that I added that Stuff for making it Factoryzation Compatible in the future, I will ofcourse add a Chemical Reactor Recipe for that.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Since you have all those machines added, i thought about a few things. What about making it easier to use the implosion compressor and making nitro-diesel, once we got highend machines?

There are a few ideas i came up with, which could be looked at to make it easier. One big thing that is holding up the process is the lack of KNO3 and the lack of Nitrogen for the nitro-fuel.

How about this idea or parts of it.

Getting nitrogen, out of air?

There are different ways to do that, how about this one: Compressed air cell => vacuum freezer => liquified air => Distillation tower => Nitrogen. For the right ammount of EU's of course. Requires two high end machines and comes at least close to how it's done in an industrial scale today.

Then we go ahead, how about we get a new explosive for the implosion compressor, that makes life easier for the cost of EU?

In the Chemical reactor: Nitrogen + compressed air cell = 2 nitrogen dioxide (already implemented), Nitrogen dioxide + water =>2 Salpetric acid (new), 3 Nitrocabon + 3 Salpetric acid => 6 hexogen (new, this is a very simplified reaction, but it works for our use)

In the crafting table, or chemical reactor: 6 Hexogen Cells + 3 ITNT = 1 Composite B Explosive (new, or 6 Composite B if Chemical reactor. The crafting table recipe though, would almost force you got use the autocrafter for cell conservation. Almost the real mixture, it actually uses Hexogen:TNT 6:4) Then you would be able to do the Implosion Compressor recipes with 1 (or 6 if chemical reactor preferred) of those instead of 16 ITNT. (Total N costs compared to ITNT: 5.7 instead of 9.6, started from KNO3, optimized recipes used)

Would be intrested in your thoughts about that.

Gorni

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gorni ().

• Dear Greg:

I have a bit of a gripe. After quarrying, mining, and trading to finally get enough resources to make distillation tower and all of its very expensive casings I finally got it up and running yesterday only to be crushed by the fact that you cant pipe into it directly. To make it even more frustrating Ive discovered that liquid transposers can not fill IC2 cells with fuel and distillation tower does not take forestry fuel cans.

As it stands, distillation tower is perhaps single most expensive and useless machine in gregtech. I know you are busy with adding important stuff to the game, but if you could please invest some more time into that machine I think it would be great!

Also I read that you were looking for some byproduct ideas for it...
    tar / bitumen (asphalt) for construction blocks and making road networks. Could make them paintable so that we can design roads
    ink sacks
    rubber
    plastic (which you said you plan to add)
    fertilizer
    glue (if you can find use for it)
    insect repellent for crop matron
    Glycerin (its a byproduct and as far as gregtech a very useful one at that)

solvents (for chemistry purposes)

I am sorry to nag about this, but if possible for next release of gregtech make distillation towers accept oil from pipes so its at least semi useful.

edit:

Just read Gorni's suggestion and I have to say I absolutely love it. Nitrogen is useful, but hard to obtain and some of the high tier machines see very little to no use.

To expand a bit on what he said
    Potassium Chloride, both already implemented I believe and chloride has no use. Can be used to make forestry fertilizer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_chloride#Uses

also
    C2H3Cl - polyvinyl chloride - another implementation of plastic that could see countless uses, such as in making of circuits and forestry circuit boards
    calcium chloride - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_chloride#Uses - used to make deicing material (prevent something from freezing)
    and lastly sodium chloride aka salt.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Phrost ().

• Just read Gorni's suggestion and I have to say I absolutely love it. Nitrogen is useful, but hard to obtain and some of the high tier machines see very little to no use.

It always bothered me, that we cannot get nitrogen out of air, while we are breathing like 78% of it constantly... ;)

• The problem is Greg is going use some of this stuff just the same time as IC comes out with their expansion last summer :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• No Roof + Rain/Thunder = Boom, will get added later. I just added the Config for it before, to inform you about my Plans.

There is a small problem with lightning even if you have a roof lightning can strike through it whether it is made of transparent blocks or not.

• Greg, I have a huge request of you.

You made it possible to store mercury in a liquid form. Please make it so that grinders can accept liquid mercury for their recipes, just like they do with water.

I made this big design to liquify and store mercury to power the grinder only to see that the grinder will not accept it :(
    Please fix that and the crude oil into the distillation tower.

edit:
    Also, electric autocrafting table does not combine iridium nuggets into iridium ingots when its in dusts mode (would be nice if it did).

• Yes please add your H2SO4 cells to the liquid dictionary so that they can become compatable with PFF sulfuric acid

• Pump your oil/biomass into a quantum tank (or iron tank), and put empty cells onto it to create oil cell/biomass cell..

• The expensive part of quantum tank is probably only the emerald, platinums and 2 highly advanced machine box, shouldn't be that hard, but ofc it is mostly appreciated if there's a way to pump oil/biomass directly to the distillation tower..

• Hello,

I have noticed that you added a centrifuge recipe for Oil Sands added by Traincraft. However there is an issue with it: the recipe asks for Oil Sands 247, but the ore that spawns in the world is Oil Sands 247:247. (Item ID 247, metadata 247.) Would it be possible to fix the recipe so that it accepts this ore?

Also, would you consider a recipe for processing Crude Oil as well?

Playing FTB Mindcrack v8.0.1, Forge 6.6.0.515, GT 2.77f.

(Note, if this wasn't added by you, but some other modder getting hold of your centrifuge, I am terribly sorry for my mistake. Please point me to the right person to bother about this.)

• I have the latest version of the Gregtech mod, before anyone asks, but I've found what seems to be a bug.. I can craft the new titanium machine hull with steel ingots and machine parts, is this intended? I can still craft it with titanium ingots and machine parts as well.