[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Now do i have to set the TE hacks to true to get the induction smelters output altered or is it by default true? (In version 2.77h obviously!)

• I have been thinking about the electric blast furnace recipe for steel and I think it is kinda underpowered. The standard railcraft recipe produces 1 steel for 1 coal and takes no energy, while the IBF recipe takes 2 and a good amount of energy, plus it is a much higher-tier and more expensive device. I think this could be improved in a few ways, first, the coal dust requirement could be reduced to 1 so that you get the bonus of not having to go through the blast furnace first. also, the recipe could be made to use 2 carbon cells instead of coal dust so that other things besides coal could be used. (coal dust would still be preferable as you can electrolyze the ashes afterward to recoup some carbon.) If these changes were to be made, it also would be a good idea to buff the amount of coal dust recieved from macerating coal coke to 2 or 6 tiny piles, to retain a use for the coke furnace. (this wouold require removing the coal dust compression recipe, but that is probably a good idea anyway).

• I find it disappointing that I can now get more Thorium by grinding Coal Ore than centrifuging a stack of Coal Dust into one Thorium Dust. I really can't argue about this though since Thorium is 3-4 times more abundant than Uranium in real life along with Thorium being renewable before 2.77g.

I suggest making a reactor that can be the only way to harness Thorium Cells. Preferably a Molten salt reactor. I had also looked up on the disadvantages that Lithium containing salts can produce Tritium. Maybe this can be a way to obtain Tritium for Fusion Reactors, albeit very rarely? I don't know much about nuclear engineering, so I hope that a little research was worth it.

On topic, I appreciate the recent tweaks and fixes you had made by the way, recently updated from 2.76d. Keep up the good work.

Sadly as soon as 1.5 happens, all Thorium/Plutonium Reactors will be obsolete, as I will switch to another System regarding produced EU (to remove the hack into the IC²-Config). Also I will then nerf Thorium by 50%, and make it less useful for Breeders (as that change reduces Pulse Count). Plutonium however, will be twice as good for Breeders after that change.

What could this mean?

• i love how gregtech makes every thing harder normaly by now i would have made every thing in ic2 on a world but with this mod ive barely made a dent in to machine tech. the mod really makes you plan a head on what machines you need to set your self up for a decent start.

• Getting tritium from lithium in a nuclear reactor would probably be a more realistic way of getting it than now. In real life, titrium is so rare and hard to extract that the entire human race only possesses a few kilos of it. A nuclear reactor breeder with lithium cells instead of depleted uranium cells would be a cool way of getting your first bits of tritium. Once you have a fusion reactor, you could produce more using lithium breeding (I'm too lazy to link wikipedia) which could provide an extra boost to energy output.

• I'm not sure how she came up with that metric, as most of the costs do not have a vanilla ic2 equivalent. I am tempted to say she just pulled it out of the air. When it comes down to it, they really are not that much more expensive, just higher tier.

• Also, (I've been posting a bunch recently) I have begun centrifuging my excess glowstone dust, and it seems a little overpowered to me. each block of glowstone is worth 2 gold and 2 redstone. I can just fly around the nether or a mystcraft age and silktouch up huge, easily-accessible piles of what is basically gold ore, with bonus redstone. I think you might want to make the centrifuge recipe say, 2 parts sulfur, 1 part gold, 1 part redstone, and make it take much longer (akin to centrifuging redstone) That would make it less of an easy source of gold and redstone.

• http://paste.ubuntu.com/1592639/
    Problem at 4834 lines.
    My minecraft after adding GregTech mod, that take me like 3-5 minutes to load. Removed this mod after, my minecraft just take a minute to load.

So, you cant connect to your Server? Yeah, thats definetly not a bad Internet Connection... /sarcasm

Also, (I've been posting a bunch recently) I have begun centrifuging my excess glowstone dust, and it seems a little overpowered to me. each block of glowstone is worth 2 gold and 2 redstone. I can just fly around the nether or a mystcraft age and silktouch up huge, easily-accessible piles of what is basically gold ore, with bonus redstone. I think you might want to make the centrifuge recipe say, 2 parts sulfur, 1 part gold, 1 part redstone, and make it take much longer (akin to centrifuging redstone) That would make it less of an easy source of gold and redstone.

Longer time to Centrifuge? Yes, but the other Products of it are denied, due to IC² considering one Glowstone to be 5 Redstone and 4 Gold.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• I suppose that makes sense. It still might be a good idea to reduce the output of the gold at least. it seems wrong that glowstone is in many ways better than gold ore. Also, what did you think about my suggestions for the steel recipe?

• it seems wrong that glowstone is in many ways better than gold ore.

I guess it's originally intended drawback was that it's in Nether and getting silk touch on something isn't quite trivial. Now with near immunity providing armors + silk-touch tools things are obviously different.

• So, you cant connect to your Server? Yeah, thats definetly not a bad Internet Connection... /sarcasm

Oh, Chinese minecraft players won't use your mod because loading your mod take too much time, you should know what is GFW. That means all Chinese players have "a bad Internet Connection" in your definetly, whatever your choice, you just choose it.
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1593146/
    Also, I can connect my server that is all.

The post was edited 2 times, last by mindcat ().

• Oh, Chinese minecraft players won't use your mod because loading your mod take too much time, you should know what is GFW. That means all Chinese players have "a bad Internet Connection" in your definetly, whatever your choice, you just choose it.
    http://paste.ubuntu.com/1593146/
    Also, I can connect my server that is all.

Your last pastebin contained the "read timed out"-Error at the end, meaning that either the Server crashed or the Internet broke down. However, my Minecraft takes less than one minute to load, and I have a very large bunch of useless Mods installed. I have once experienced a small Problem, which caused my MC to not load at all while being connected to the Internet (strangely only 2.77f all other Versions dont have that Problem), maybe updating helps.

V2.78a:
    Added the Advanced Safe. The only things which should be able to break that, are the Wrench (if used by owner) and TNT. Admins CANNOT open those Safes, like the IC²-Safes. If they want to get the Stuff out of other peoples Safes, then they must use TNT to break them. You can use Automation to input Items.
    Fixed a few minor Bugs
    Added the GUI-Texture of the planned "Inventory Manager"

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• This mod has gone a long way... half a year ago only lightning rods.
    Now, fusion reactor, electrical automation, advanced processing machines, nerfs, quantum storage, wow...

GoodAwesome job, Greg!

• Hmmm... Liquid Mercury PLACEABLE? Perhaps it slows you down a lot and suffocates you if you are inside it?
    FUCK YEA *Melts down stack of Useless TC3 Quicksilver*

Now all we need is Liquid Uranium to drink use in our reactors instead of cells >:D
    *Pumps uranium into mouth reactor*
    8o :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: