[GregTech-6][1.7.10][Website][Patreon] Info, Support and Suggestions

• Hey Greg, would you be able to make the Fortune enchant drop metal dusts in addition to the ore block?

No, that would be highly exploitable...

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    GregTech 6, the Main Thread, Bug Reports go here too.
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• [Suggestion: Telporting Trade-O-Mat]
    So now, we have Tesseracts, even for those (me) thinking Enderstorage is OP, due to the fact it's a less loss way of teleporting items. (And Tesseracts are probably going to have some loss, even if they would still be OP).
    But, one thing I would find even cooler would be a Trade-O-Mat that directly teleport Items (without losses, because appart from exchanging, it would be too expensive/hard to use as a way to teleport tons of cobble and others, especially without being manned ^^).
    The point would be to trade items with another trade-o-mat (by selecting its name/number/whatyouwant), with the 2 traders able to be away from the other. I mean, for now, Tesseracts allow trading with teleportation, but only if one player can go at Trading area, where the system is. The idea would be to make people able to trade from where they want, without even knowing where the other trade-o-mat is. And why not, for something more complicated, more advanced (we need something to do with Nether Quartz ^^), looking like an entire virtual market ^^. (That could be just a list of Trade-O-Mat-like GUI, with another window for what you sell).

... I'm pretty sure I haven't been clear enough ^^. But ... I'm tired ^^. Btw, Greg, your Tesseract setup at spawn is cool, but less cool than this, don't you think ? ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Hi,
    I have disabled animations, but they persist. I try restart the game/world, play a bit, but they persist, dropping a lot my FPS.

If you mean the Industrial Centrifuge "rotating" it also happens when something else is causing chunk updates.

I recently reached a point where I had no choice but to split my base up to smaller pieces and move them far enough apart so they are not within rendering distance of each other.

• Hi,
    I have disabled animations, but they persist. I try restart the game/world, play a bit, but they persist, dropping a lot my FPS.

The Animations are only happening if other things are updating the Rendering. Switching the Config OFF means only that my Machines dont cause continuous Render Updates.

[Suggestion: Telporting Trade-O-Mat]
    So now, we have Tesseracts, even for those (me) thinking Enderstorage is OP, due to the fact it's a less loss way of teleporting items. (And Tesseracts are probably going to have some loss, even if they would still be OP).
    But, one thing I would find even cooler would be a Trade-O-Mat that directly teleport Items (without losses, because appart from exchanging, it would be too expensive/hard to use as a way to teleport tons of cobble and others, especially without being manned ).
    The point would be to trade items with another trade-o-mat (by selecting its name/number/whatyouwant), with the 2 traders able to be away from the other. I mean, for now, Tesseracts allow trading with teleportation, but only if one player can go at Trading area, where the system is. The idea would be to make people able to trade from where they want, without even knowing where the other trade-o-mat is. And why not, for something more complicated, more advanced (we need something to do with Nether Quartz ), looking like an entire virtual market . (That could be just a list of Trade-O-Mat-like GUI, with another window for what you sell).

Improved Trade-O-Mats are ontop of my List (sadly ontop of the List means thats going to be a random thing to do as I read the List bottom-up). Combine that with one of my own Safes and the planned (and also private) Item-Teleportation Devices to refill that Safe, and you get your Teleport Trade-O-Mat, which accepts input from one Side and outputs (your earned Money) to another Side (a second Item teleporter).

Btw, Greg, your Tesseract setup at spawn is cool, but less cool than this, don't you think

My Tesseract Setup consists out of a Chest, a Relay, a Tube and the Tesseract itself, and looks not that good. Ofcourse your Suggestion is better.

I don't say, your "insert whatever" is bad. I'm only showing ways for making it better.
    GregTech Website
    Patreon really helps me out. If you consider funding the development of GT, so I might be able to do it fulltime, why not?
    I'm also on #gt-dev on irc.esper.net, if you don't want to make a Forum account just to contact me.
    (I'm there almost every day, when I'm at my own computer. Yes you can drop bugs and suggestions there too)

• Improved Trade-O-Mats are ontop of my List (sadly ontop of the List means thats going to be a random thing to do as I read the List bottom-up). Combine that with one of my own Safes and the planned (and also private) Item-Teleportation Devices to refill that Safe, and you get your Teleport Trade-O-Mat, which accepts input from one Side and outputs (your earned Money) to another Side (a second Item teleporter).

And about a Giant GUI showing every trade from players using the appropriate advanced device ? ^^. Because of course that would be cool, but the coolest thing would be being able to see any trade from the server, chosing one etc ... that would really create economy on servers ;)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• And about a Giant GUI showing every trade from players using the appropriate advanced device ? ^^. Because of course that would be cool, but the coolest thing would be being able to see any trade from the server, chosing one etc ... that would really create economy on servers ;)

Nuclear Control will be compatible to that Trade-O-Mat.

GregTech Website

• Nuclear Control

Fun fact: I don't know what you mean, because I've never used Nuclear Control ^^. I should give it a try. I guess it's not only "Nuclear" control, isn't it ? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• so i have a problem.

version, mindcrack 8.01 pack, using FTB launcher, using gregtech 2.77f

the problem is that after changing the storage block compression/maceration switches in the config (and my client for the sake of completeness) they still refuse to block from a crafting table, at all.

I have looked through every config option in every other mod in the pack, and gregtech is the ONLY mod in the pack that messes with storage block mechanics.

if there is something I missed that can fix my issue, I would love to know, as forcing a single mod update would cause a bunch of headaches to the users of my server. (so not as simple as an "update the mod" solution) changelog also had no mention of issues with block crafting/uncrafting

I know that many users of the GT mod won't see this as a problem, but the primary audience on the server is as part of a youth education program, and changing mechanics from the base game they are familiar with is something I'm trying to actively avoid.

thanks in advance

• changing the storage block compression/maceration switches in the config

compression/maceration

But not the one labelled "storageblockcrafting"?

EDIT: I'm a ninja now

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Please look at ALL THE CONFIGS of my Addon, before complaining. If you disable the global Storageblock-Compressing/Macerating/Smelting, then you have to RE-Enable the Crafting Recipes MANUALLY.

GregTech Website

• Please look at ALL THE CONFIGS of my Addon, before complaining. If you disable the global Storageblock-Compressing/Macerating/Smelting, then you have to RE-Enable the Crafting Recipes MANUALLY.

no need to be so defensive, I looked through all the configs related to your mod, and there used to be 4 sections of manual switches, as I was given to understand those were removed on or just prior to 2.77f in favor of the single switch in "useful recipes" section.

after looking again, I found them in the advanced config (missed them on first pass), might I suggest for future that shifts in config files like that be more clearly labeled in change notes? it would help to prevent unnecessary questions.

also, jumping on people who are simply asking for help when having difficulties really doesn't make any kind of good impressions at all, it comes with the territory as a mod creator, a little patience goes a long way. (firsthand experience from writing mods myself for other games)

• Classes starting tomorrow. I won't be able to have my daily dose of Greg Tech anymore. Too sad ;(

• Suggestion : Quantum Adjustable Interdimenstional Energy Storage Unit (QIDSU)
    Tier V way to store energy for anything your crazy mind can think of use, or even just for fun.

Its a kind of fusion four blocks : IDSU , AESU , Quantum Chest , Matter fabricator

First it has a network equal to IDSU.
    Second, it stores infinite amounts of energy into it, condensing it into a very condensed form of energy (UUM) and storing it into another dimension.
    Also it is able to send any amount (Up to 1 million EU per tick) of energy with a selectable packet size (512, 2048, 8192 , 1 million).

If possible make it work this way : Internal buffer of 100 million EU, after stored energy reaches maximum it resets the buffer and adds one UUM to internal quantum storage, if the buffer is depleted it removes one UUM from internal quantum storage and replenishes internal buffer.
    GUI displays internal buffer bar and number of UUM stored inside. UUM can't be pumped out with automation, as it is in another dimension, not reachable by anything rather than QIDSU itself.

It could be a HUGE multi block machine, requiring tons of stuff it would be nice, otherwise :
    Recipe :
    IDSU/AESU/IDSU
    MatterFab/QuantumChest/MatterFab
    IDSU/IDSU/IDSU

• Is it GregTech that nerfed blaze rods in solid-fueled fireboxes?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I have a suggestion to make the destructo-pack more usefull. You could give it a filter, and have it automatically destroy any items matching that filter that enter your inventory, or that of a chest. It would be very useful for inventory management when mining, to get rid of extra cobblestone, or for destroying all those useless skeleton arrows and other junk. I am sure there would be many more uses as well.

• Oh i just thought i should point out that your apatite maceration recipes need to be updated to be in line with the new forestry v2.0 apatite.