Addon Idea¡ Need Help¡

• Hello, guys

I've got an idea for an addon about radiation.I read uranium is radioactive, but I can take a uranium bar in the hands without protection and nothing happens. But I don't know how to do the addon and I need help. Could someone help me? These are the ideas:

-Make the Uranium radioactive. Also nuclear reactors and uranium blocks.

-To contain the radiation, you will need anti-radiation blocks so that radiation cannot pass through them totally. These blocks may be reinforced stone, stone or concrete (in this case, probably we need to create it). And a anti-radiation chest, a chest carfted with the anti-radiation block choosen. If you put uranium bars in a chest, radiation will pass through it, but in this chest, radiation will not be able to pass through it at all.

-There will be diferent types of radiation:

>Non-Lethal (0 Sv-1 Sv): No symptoms in large quantities, hungry for large quantities.

>Lethal (1 Sv-6 Sv): Symptoms -> Hungry and radiation, radiation increases with respect to the amount of radiation in the area.

>Instant Kill (6 Sv-...): Instant Kill (more or less)

-To protect you against the radiation (depending on the amount of it) you can use the HAZMAT suit with rubber boots.

-There will be a radiation meter, with which you can measure the radiation of a place. It will beep when it detects radiation: slow beeps if the radiation is non-lethal. Faster beeps when the readiation increses. So, it will beep slower or faster depending on how much radiation is present.

-Radiation will stay in a place for a while, but it will fade.

Ok, this is all. Thanks for reading and I hope you can help me.

"Blood, Sweat and Tears"-Winston Churchill

• Sounds awesome. You may need to somehow add metadata to blocks that allows them to simulate radiation at distances (for example, a chest with information for it being radioactive causes it to cause radiation to players with more intensity as they get closer to the chest). Or, you can replace air with ''radiation field'' around radioactive blocks, that the player can breathe in, but will be affected by the radiation.

• Official Post

Minechem2 has a form of this, if you have a radioactive element in your inventory it slowly counts down until Decaying time, the more radioactive the element the more damage you take when it decays.

• Official Post

Minechem2 has a form of this, if you have a radioactive element in your inventory it slowly counts down until Decaying time, the more radioactive the element the more damage you take when it decays.

His intention is to have environment contamined with radiation which is what i'm talking about being CPU intensive and hard/nearly impossible to code.

• If you limit the radiation radius to a resonable area, it will still be CPU intensive, but it won't destroy it (unless your running the equivalent to a commadore like i am when it comes to games)

• Official Post

His intention is to have environment contamined with radiation which is what i'm talking about being CPU intensive and hard/nearly impossible to code.

Ah, i see.

• His intention is to have environment contamined with radiation which is what i'm talking about being CPU intensive and hard/nearly impossible to code.

then you have not used the ICBM mod, they do this when you set off nukes, you have to clean it up or it'll eventually spread all over the place, unless you have that disabled in the config.

• Official Post

then you have not used the ICBM mod, they do this when you set off nukes, you have to clean it up or it'll eventually spread all over the place, unless you have that disabled in the config.

I have used ICBM mod.
    Thats only landscape contamination, his intention was to make air/land/water, every block radioactive, which would needs much more spread coding and tons of shit as he wants radiation in different levels and it "fades" off after some time.

• It could be as simple as a block that always makes sure that radiation blocks are around it at all times, unless removed, and radiation blocks are simply invisible, non-flowing, non-suffocating lava that harms you depending on it's ''intensity''. Kinda like a cactus with no collision box.

Also, to make it not be laggy, the updates for placing/removing radiation field blocks should be very slow, like one every few seconds. This will keep lag very low, and can only be noticeable if you have 100,000 orso Uranium blocks surrounded with air and machinery that makes flowing water flow at random around the blocks (thus causing the Uranium blocks to update it's radiation field every time a flowing water block appears/disappears)

• His intention is to have environment contamined with radiation which is what i'm talking about being CPU intensive and hard/nearly impossible to code.

UE have done it and its not cpu intensive

• if i may make a suggestion for a few additional features:

1st: i think the storage block for uranium should be a nonlethal/negligible amount of radiation, since it implies 'proper storage' methods are in use.

2nd: if you get enough uranium together in one area, it's going to go critical (bang). something around 200 refined bars or so. perhaps a larger amount for storage blocks.

3rd: containment pools. a few feet of water can make the material 'safer' to work with, and since many of us are in the habit of surrounding our reactors with water, this might give meaning to it again. ref: XKCD: what-if article on the subject

4th: reactors shouldn't put out any more than a nonlethal/negligible amount of rads. they are built to contain the radiation by design and already have damage in for when the get too hot and go super-critical.

5th/6th: i like the idea of the suit ticking, but a handheld Geiger counter would be nice for when mining (if that is the intention). perhaps add the resistance and functionality to the q-suit helmet as well, since it is supposed to be very advanced.

that's my input on the subject.

• Official Post

Uranium doesnt just go "Bang" If so, cornwall would be a massive Crater.

• Official Post

Uranium doesnt just go "Bang" If so, cornwall would be a massive Crater.

It can just go Bang. Uranium stored in too large Amounts (without any shielding inbetween) can cause a nuclear chain reaction and go Boom. Guess how Nukes work. They don't work like Explosion = Nuclear Chain Reaction, they work like explosion compresses two clumbs of it to critical mass, which then goes Boom.

• It can just go Bang. Uranium stored in too large Amounts (without any shielding inbetween) can cause a nuclear chain reaction and go Boom. Guess how Nukes work. They don't work like Explosion = Nuclear Chain Reaction, they work like explosion compresses two clumbs of it to critical mass, which then goes Boom.

no...reactor grade uranium can not go nuclear. Chernobyl was not a nuclear explosion but a meltdown with a gas explosion.
    not even weapon's grade uranium for implosion type nukes can go boom on its own. the common implosion type nuke's core is safe, the gun type nuke CAN go boom if too much is stored together, but that is at a higher purity than implosion type bombs
    you are describing the gun type nuke, not the implosion type, the implosion type is simply a single sphere of either uranium or plutonium(Fat Man was plutonium) that surrounds a neutron initiator. it is compressed down to critical mass by a complicated explosive based implosion, with the neutron initiator amplifying the rate.
    check out Fat Man if you don't believe me.

• I know the propability of any Nuke on the World just going off is so close to 0 that its not happened at all until now (or at least in this Quantum Universe).

I wouldn't go as far and say that, however...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.