Posts by okaolias

This a very cool addon and I'm in love with the water physics. They need work but there's so much potential. I've spent most of the day trying to drain various bodies of water by placing pipes with drain covers on the bottom. It's something I'd been dreaming about since the 1.5 versions of GT :D

I know that this is a general ic2 addon, but would it be possible to tweak the energy capacity of the handpump with GT installed? You are using batteries with 200k-400k EU capacity to get a 30k EU tool and it doesn't really make sense. I'd love it if drain covers could be tweaked to drain water sources from flowing water like that handpump, but it might be asking too much.

Edit: Just realised energy, etc. are configurable

But when it does snow, if you get a layer of snow inside your inactive bronze blast furnace, you'll have to tear down the wall and clean it to get it working again...

-You can place, screwdrive and crowbar covers onto all sides of a pipe using only a single face, depending on which part of the face you right click. The center for the side you're using, the sides for the adjacent ones, and the corners for the opposite side. The same goes for changing the facing or output of machines with a wrench.

I thought everyone knew this, but I've seen too many Gregtech videos where the lets players fumble around, wondering why their machine isn't turning properly, or why the placement of covers on pipes is so glitchy and random.

Edit: Derp, one tip per post... Yes, I cheated by combining two into one :rolleyes: . Or does it count as two with the BBF rant? Dammit...

You shouldn't have said that, you should not have said that.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously though, some reworking/rebalancing of the nether ore outputs to make processing them viable should be done, even if it means waving around the nerfstick a couple of times. Fortune III is kinda random and rare and valuable right now, but I wonder how the 1.8 enchanting overhaul will affect it. The iridium drill is far from cheap, but once you have it it'll always be around barring dropping it into lava.

Edit: The above post was in fact just a friendly FYI in case you hadn't noticed the change in macerating, but reading it now it does come off as kinda ranty.

Y U NO outright fortune III the nether ores? :(

Seriously, fortune III with pyrite gives you over 3 dirty dusts/iron bars per ore easily. Mining normally, maceration and the IBF result in the same two iron ingots. The latter two just add more steps/waste more energy/waste catalysts (calcite's lack of worth nonwithstanding, it's still a waste)

Cinnabar also macerates into two dusts. You get 2/9 glowstone instead of 1/4 and still lose 1/4 redstone. With Fortune III you seem to always get one redstone, plus over 3 cinnabar dust per ore on average, taking you to over 3/9=1/3 glowstone compared to 1/4 from the industrial macerator.

Any form of processing pyrite is inefficient, and cinnabar is a maybe for the industrial grinder and a complete waste to macerate(you also lose the chance for redstone besides gaining the same ammount of dust)

How do you macerate Pyrite into 4 iron? Wouldn't it make more sense to fortune mine it for more dirty piles? Macerating it gives me 2 dirty piles, the same as mining it. Am I missing something?

Tests with the Iridium drill have been giving me byproducts with ridiculous consistency, so something might be off compared to normal fortune, but cinabar also seems like a no-brainer to fortune mine. From your decription it's like they give 4 dusts when macerated, but in my tests they only give two.

Are you sure hotter boilers produce steam faster? I'm pretty certain steam is produced at a constant rate after the heat threshold is reached, but fuel efficiency increases the hotter the boiler gets, i.e. a single piece of coal burns longer.

Also, how about a note regarding the bronze jackhammer as an early game electric tool? They're not as useful with harder stone making strip mining a chore, but they're still infinite durability, just add EU.

It's not in as a change yet, but Greg recently mentioned the titanium recipe for the diamond jackhammer being removed, as it's easier to get than the steel one as it is.

Edit: Forgot to mention. This guide is pretty beastly :D

Trap doors can now be placed on the top part of blocks, so you don't fall into a one block hole every time you pass over them. Would it be possible to do the same for rubber sheets?

I know this is a fairly unimportant suggestion, but I've been playing with them lately and it bugs me that you have to create a frame of blocks around trampolines in order for them to not phase out of existence(by the way, is it normal that they drop nothing and just disappear when they don't detect two blocks around them? Might have to submit a bug report after this). I imagine there might be issues with getting too much rebound and still ending up getting fall damage(minecraft seems to be wonky about caluclating fall damage in general right now), but having the option would be cool