Posts by dispatchcompg

Ah SQUIRREL! attacks again Zaromas; I was too one-track minded to see your original post. Not quite how things function. Right-clicking the forcefield itself with a multitool set to the correct setting will allow/deny entry for those with permissions. ID cards are used in conjunction with the security station to set permissions on a per-user basis (aside from the creator of said forcefield setup of course).

The external ID reader I believe (the rest of this is speculation as I don't play on any servers) functions in that someone who wishes some sort of access can pass their ID card that they made to some attached storage without exposing the storage block to the outside world. i.e. placing the ID reader outside the forcefield setup.

However, looking at 2.2.8.1.17c (the latest as of this post) that external ID reader no longer exists in NEI.

The first sounds like an old old old bug from the original advanced machines from zippinus in that the machines wouldn't complete their last operation if it would completely fill the last output slot. The second sounds like a GUI update isn't being cast to the player entity.

Lag...The bane of everyone's existence and typically the end for most modded minecraft worlds. Nether isn't really laggier than the main world; the opposite should be true (on a virgin untouched nether; one that hasn't been ravaged by pumps and all the other technological goodies that screw with lava flows and create all kinds of CPU overhead for all the block updating required). Nether has more spawn checking to be sure due to how mobs there (outside of fortresses) spawn; but typically less overall spawning space than the overworld.

On a server even in a void age you will still notice server tick lag and all that other happy stuff since worlds are still being kept loaded versus the listen server that's created in single player.

You could use mystcraft effectively for a void type age if you really wanted, however. You could even disable (via config) whatever you didn't want in mystcraft (examples being the crystals (one portal to one world only); age books themselves; hell even age symbols or the benches to create them).

Does anyone know a good way to make a End base without having all the enderman drain all the power instantly. It seems that there is no way to block the spawn in a area and they just add up way way to fast.

Half-slabs or stairs or any other transparent block or is flagged non-spawnable (Aluminum blocks or xycraft blocks / bricks if you have it). Or light. Endermen still follow regular hostile mob spawning rules in that regard. Using forcefields and/or security stations only I'd say get more power generation as my only suggestion. Lol.

That's kind of what I was thinking Kane. It seemed to me to be something of an upgrade on the way to (if using Adv. Solars) the advanced lappack. That the tiers otherwise looked exactly as you have them laid out.

if i'm understanding you right then you're saying it needs a constant, consistant source of energy during processes or else it doesn't work at all?

Another question: are the base powered machines removed by greg-tech or did i simply not install things right? They're not showing up in NEI

For the first, correct, they need a consistent 32 EU/t or 128 EU/t or whatever the recipe calls for for the entire duration of processing whatever recipe they're attempting to process otherwise the process will restart. EU splitter cables help immensely with it.

For the second, base machines are untouched; sounds like an ID error if they're not showing up.

Thanks for the explanation on operation restart immibis. Wasn't aware that was how the new machines functioned (as no other machine in any of the fifty-three mods I run does that). Also thanks to the blunt and terse responses from the other two folks that responded.

EDIT: Thank you also mistaqur for the configuration pin-point.

Error to report. The industrial electrolyzer WILL eat all stored energy in an energy storage unit (in my case MFE) if it doesn't explicitly receive the input voltage it's requesting. In my case I was attempting to electrolyze some bauxite dust with 3 other machines in-line before the electrolyzer running. I had over 400k EU stored in the MFE. The electrolyzer sucked the MFE dry and did not complete its recipe. (Long time lurker finally decided to register).