Posts by Sirbab

All hail the man/women that has intelligence :O But in all seriousness, this person puts it very well, and you all should read what they said, as it fairly well sums up both sides, the last paragraph in particular :)

And really now Al, there is absolutely no violation of any law or copy write, and there is no need to use foul language, if you can't handle that, use a PM, as it is INCREDIBLY Rude to go to the PAGE of an author and say more or less "**** off* that's a real show of maturity and hipocrasy. Just stop, and stop going off rumors, and read what is Actually happening.

Oh my, you do know that mods are only balanced for their mod alone right? i'll start off here with a spoiler, so as not to pollute the thread too much.

]GregTech is suppose to Alter the gameplay including any and all mods he deems to be to easy and wants to change it up a bit and make it more challenging. This his how his mod works. You just pretty much said for Greg to fuck off. Don't use his mod if you don't like it. His mode is meant to be a balance to many mods but also provide more things to to end game.

Greg is one person. Greg does not have any authority over what is 'balanced'. If Greg believes that his opinion supersedes that of the other mod makers, then, yes, Greg should fuck off. Don't call Greg a 'savior'. He already has enough of an apparent god complex as it is. GregTech adds a lot of neat things, but it's polluted by all the things it seeks to 'better'.

If you want a really challenging game- and this is a serious recommendation- check out Wurm Online.

Whoa whoa whoa people, calm your tits. There's this little thing called the ForgeOreDictionary, what it does is allow for cross mod use. Also what this means, (unless there is a special tool-tip associated with it) is that all mods can modify the recipe, as this is not touching their code in the slightest. And if any of you are telling him to "fuck off", why don't you excercise your brains a little, and turn OFF the config for it. Seriously, grow a pair, and stop bitching at greg. If you can't seem to manage this, there are at least 5 different packs, of which i think only ONE has the hard mode recipes on by default. So please, be respectful to greg, he labours to give us a wonderful mod, that allows those of us that enjoy challenge in minecraft, to keep discovering and playing.

#rantover
    Also, hey Greg, have you taken a look at minechem 2? There is possibility for some amazing cross mod play there, as it puts dozens of elements, and compounds into the game :D

I think that honestly adding a configuration option to enable all hard mode recipes, which for some mods (not naming any ones cough cough) are off by default. I imagine it would look like this:

Hard Mode Recipes:
    IC2 = Enabled
    TE = Enabled
    RP2 = Disabled

Something along those lines, that way, the mod authors can't complain, because it is the players, not greg that change any recipes.
    Also, I am i right in assuming that Methane, and Hydrogen are no longer combustable? i think it would be a tad bit odd if i can't burn things like that. Also, i think it would be amazing if i could get natural gas from near oil wells/deposits and use a pump to get it out (ie, make a pumpable gas, and replace it with air.)

Stay strong greg, we all love your mod!

Hey greg, would it be possible to have the nano and quantum armors have a mod to discharge power to tools, like the batpack? The reason being, is that i never make the chestplate, because i dislike running out of power in my tools or weapons. :P If the armor can project forcefields, it should be able to wirelessly power tools.

I am still waiting for them to allow coolant to be pumped into the nuclear reactors, Would be great if you could have a helium coolant system (i guess use pressurized water for non-gregtech reactors), and have a closed cycle steam system to run turbines.

Ha, yeah, that would be really cool! What i want to see, is the reactor become a large multiblock item, not just a dink 1-7 meter*2 thing. that way, steam power producing reactors would actually make sense... infact, make all heat related energy require water, and produce steam. That would make me very happy ^^

Hey Greg, Could you add methane and hydrogen as "Liquids" (flagged as a gas of course) so that they would work similarly to steam (from railcraft)? i would like to be able to pump gas to power my base. :D Also, your mod is my favorite by far out of all the ones in FTB!