Posts by PaladinOne

This is still back on 1.5.2, but it still works.

My team and I built our base inside a mountain. The main entrance is at ground level, and after establishing a (to be much more heavily reinforced) door, we dug deep into the mountain, constructing a 9-floored base-in-progress.

Too many images to post them all here so I'll just put them in a Dropbox folder if you want to see them.
    The images in the folder "Old Base" were taken from our previous world, where we built our base in the sky in stead.

I've found 2 villages on that server already; one of them, I took up residence in, and the other I raided on my way past, looking for Cassiterite.

What I was more concerned about was finding more diamonds than iron, after digging one surface->bedrock mine shaft.

Seeing as we now have Saws, Files, Hammers, and Wrenches, and they are all used in various crafting low-tech crafting recipes now, could we extend the early-game tech tree a little bit with the addition of (basically 10-durability single-crafting-use) Stone variants of these tools? Considering the existence of the wood/flint and stone Mortars, for low-tech ingot->dust grinding, stone GT tools feel like they would make sense.

Fibre Wire perhaps? You could replace the normal Recipes with that:
    2 Electrum Plates + 1 Diamond Dust = 4 Fibre Wire
    2 Silver Plates + 1 Diamond Dust = 3 Fibre Wire
    2 Redstone + 1 Diamond Dust = 2 Fibre Wire
    1 Fibre wire + 2 Glass = 2 Glass Fibre Cable

I like that way of doing it, however, it does standardize Glass Fibre cables as being 1 glass/cable (vanilla IC2 1.5 glass/cable). (not a big issue as diamonds are the more relevant resource here, but still noteworthy)

Suggestion: Wiremill/Assembler Glass Fibre Cable recipe

(Unless I am hallucinating) there is currently no way of crafting Glass Fibre cables under the new GT autocrafting machines. So, my suggestion:

Wiremill recipe: 2x Electrum Ingot/Plate + 1x Diamond Dust => 2x "HV Wire"
    Assembler recipe: 1x "HV Wire" + 3x Glass = 4x Glass Fibre Cable

This is designed as a replacement for the current Electrum-enhanced Glass Fibre Cable crafting recipe.

I'll be honest, when I first found the Technic Pack (never got to messing with Tekkit), it was my first introduction to modded Minecraft. I once played on it for 27 straight hours (i don't know how or why even, nor do I have any idea what i was doing that whole time). I liked it because it was easy to get it working. However, I disliked it for two reasons: 1) everything in it was outdated (I first used Technic when MC was at 1.4.2; Technic was still on 1.3.2), and 2) I couldn't figure out how to fix everything being outdated, and as MC marched forward, Technic stayed put. Yes, I will refer to it as Technic, simply because I never got to Tekkit.

Shortly after that 27-hour SSP marathon, I moved away from Technic, simply so that I could have a modded MC that was actually up to date. And then I discovered the all legendary war over it. And then deleted all my Technic files.
    Since then, I've been running on a purely homebrew mod pack. It's somewhat similar to FTB MindCrack, but with two or three subtractions and about ten additions. I play it SSP, and I have fun with my mishmash. And in fact, the only time I even think about Technic/Tekkit now is whenever someone creates a new thread (or epic necros one) on these forums.

I will say that although Tekkit servers contain IC2, Tekkit servers do not belong here on the IC2 forum. This is simply my opinion of the matter.

edit: However, I will say that the image of a creeper wearing a hardhat is painfully adorable :love::cursing:

Me, because it's fun.

And all the other IC2 engineers. This is Minecraft. There is nothing more true to the game than massively overcomplicated but awesome construction projects.

Vanilla MC gave us Creepers, to knock holes in our walls (and ourselves), to destroy all the wonderful things we had spent so much time running around and building, and to mess up our day in the mines. And though by now they may seem mundane threats, they seem that way because we learned how to manage them, and they became less threatening and more exploitable (Gunpowder -> TNT -> 8o)
    IC2 gives us nuclear reactors, which must be engineered carefully, or they will carefully engineer your house, the land around your house, and most likely your face as well :D:cursing: Until you learn how to manage them. When you learn how to manage them, they become much less threatening and much more exploitable (UNLIMITED POWAR!)(more or less:P)

It wouldn't be Minecraft if there were no creative and overly expensive solutions to otherwise mundane problems.