Posts by plant

I haven't tried new version because no GT update and I'm very dependent on that. In 1.5.2 version being about 20 blocks away redstone activation of the projectors takes between 5 and 8 seconds to respond. Being right by the projector switching a lever is much faster. It isn't a chunk loading issue because the distances I'm talking about are usually 20 -30 blocks away from projector.

If this is a troll thread it was a crappy one because it didn't really anger anyone. It actually kind of displayed how helpful this community can be. :thumbup:

No, those three files are inside the zip you downloaded. You don't touch those, you put the ENTIRE ZIPPED FOLDER you downloaded inside of your mods folder, which should be in your .minecraft folder. This works the same way as any other Forge mod.

I have one bug, one 'issue', and one suggestion.

1. Double clicking any inventory slot in any of your machines (such as Forcefield core) results in a crash.

2. At a distance projectors don't seem to respond unreliably. This makes player detection triggering difficult.

Suggestion: A 'then' token for the industrial tesla coil. This would make things like if the coil detects a player and item then kills arrows for example. Could also be used as a player detector if the then statement is a redstone signal, which would make the coil output redstone if conditions are met, etc.

First of all I agree that an Insertion Buffer would rock if it's inserted direction was configurable. Then if there is no room then it works like a normal buffer, pushing forward.

Also, I have a suggestion. Make endstone portals to the end require a lot of energy by making a block that 'inserts' energy into the portal. This would create another cool project as one would either have to use 2 IDSUs or battery teleportation in order to access the end.

Finally figured out my optimal advanced Tesla Coil system but it seems like using arrows in the programmable filter is useless. I wanted to do this so people couldn't target with arrows when I wireless redstone into 'kill mode'. It seems like fired arrows are targeted by the tesla coil but it cannot 'kill' them. Worst of all is when they land the coil constantly fires at the grounded arrow until you pick it up.

1. Sorry, I just meant insulated copper cable, that shouldn't be relevant though.
    2. I didn't expect the order of output sides picked to effect the amount outputted, but it appears that it is.

Edit: Strangely enough, deleting everything then resetting it in the exact same configuration fixed the problem, with each outputting exactly 256 eu/t at 32 per packet. Strange.

Edit 2: Realized in original setup that one output has one cable then an mfsu, then the other has two. Setting new setup to this revealed same outcome. Is this intended, that EU split between outputs is determined by cable length?

Adjustable Transformer is incredible and awesome and better than I could have imagined it to be. The mod now fits its name with management. So cool. I love the configurable inputs and outputs.

I am no expert on EU networks so I'm not sure if this is some intended mechanic or a bug, but currently I have an adjustable transformer receiving 512 eu from an MFSU. It's outputting 512 eu into 32 eu packets. One is going south, the other east, each into 2x ins copper cables. The the south one was given output first, the east second. The south one is receiving around 344 eu/t and the east around 168. I can't figure out why that would happen unless its a mechanic of the transformer, because they both have two cables from them and lead to an MFSU.

It does that already.

Are you sure? With a pulse the length of 1 button press an Electric Transposer transported twenty stacks. I tried it with a 1 tick long redstone pulse using a piston pulse shortener and it didn't do anything. What I would like to happen is a redstone on state no matter the length results in only one operation, like a transposer only transferring one block or one stack.

Here's a suggestion I have for an issue I keep dealing with with your automation. I keep getting this issue where if I want to have small electric buffers going into a machine that cannot be configured to pass electricity I have to wire another line from my eu storage or a line (usually the one at the start of the first buffer) to the electric translocator that's extracting the materials from the machine in order to have the automation continue.

A possible solution I thought for this was a new cover that made the side of the machine behave like the output side of a buffer when electric conductivity is enabled on the block. This way I could attach a cable from the side of a buffer with an eu output cover on it and wire that right into the side of the next translocator without nearly as much issue. Thanks for reading.

I couldn't think of a better suggestion than this, as anything besides very compact item transport is not feasible with only small electric buffers. :thumbup:

I am about to ask for way too much from you, Greg. I have tried really hard to shed buildcraft, doing so has been really awesome and fun. But I have come across something that I miss a lot: conditionals (or a substitute in your transport system for gates). My dream Gregtech would involve a (because I lack imagination) MORE ADVANCED ELECTRIC TRANSLOCATOR (MAET). I have no idea how it would work one reason because I haven't slept for 25 hours and I don't really know what I'm saying. It could have different conditions like the traditional 'has work' or 'no work' and also IC2 specific conditionals such as 'enough EU' or ' not enough supplied EU'. If these conditionals are met than the MAET can function like a normal translocator. I could also see a lot of other mod integration with this.

Another unrelated suggestion: another toggle button at bottom of machines that makes the machine only run when redstone signal is recieved. (of course could be reversed with invert redstone).

In short form: I am ungrateful of all the awesome things in this mod.

I have a suggestion: to go along with the smaller stacksize of ores, why not have a "coarse grinder" machine that grinds ores into a coarse ore gravel that is for all intents and purposes like an ore block, but has a higher stacklimit? it would help in transportation and give a reason to actually have a mining base and not just a series of tunnels.

THIS. This is the only thing stopping me from using 16 stacksizelimit (the fact that I can only have 16 per stack).
    Might I also suggest it (if at all possible) could make the ore have a higher stack limit if in normal 64 stack mode, like it can be stacked to 80 or something.

Also, while I'm suggesting things, an option for the electric sorter to output energy to it's secondary output would be awesome.

Unfortunately I suffer from extreme laziness and am not too bothered enough to find my own premade redpower gems config for the customoregeneration mod, so I'll ask. Does anyone have a premade customoregeneration config/module/whatever that I can use to disable the Redpower Gems?