Posts by ClaudiaJ

If we were able to extend the distillation tower and the higher it is, more byproducts it is able to produce (and higher overall efficiency).
    Also it should use reinforced casings instead of advanced. Fuel refining is way lower tier than if compared to fusion reactor.

I'm on the fence on the variable height D.Tower, though I do love variable multiblock structures. The blast furnace is my favorite one just because I can swap out the casings anywhere, and upgrade it with coils too. Mine is connected directly to my I. Grinder and I. Compressor, sharing casings until I start setting up automation that uses multiple multiblock controller machines. I also love that I can have two B. Furnaces sharing a face of casings, with the rest being standard, and have 6 multiblock controllers connected to it at full heat capacity after coil upgrades. Mostly impractical, but still stupidly cool!

You can melt Metals into Liquids, and cool/extract the ingots whenever you want. By default, cooling would take a few seconds, but requires no EU, but an Ingot Cooler module could be applied to cool the ingots faster, at the cost of EU. Also, strong chemicals could be used for alloying advanced stuff like Osmiridium. It could also make Refined Iron directly from Iron dust, for use in alloying stuff like Invar or something else with Iron in it. Finally, it can produce Liquid metals, that can be poured on the ground via Advanced Reinforced Buckets, and used for advanced traps, like dumping it in front of your base's gate to kill attackers, and it can cool into a block of the metal if there is 1 block of Air above it.

I'd love to see some machines output molten metals (Tinkers Construct wasn't the first mod to do that, y'know), and we can pump them into the vacuum freezer to cool them into ingots just to give that machine more use. The alloy smelter could be crafted with other materials to upgrade it into a multiblock controller. 1.6.x bringing us fluids might be a great time to explore all the ways we can manipulate them :O (that includes I. Grinder and distillation tower too :D)

EDIT: Also! Nerfing lava in the centrifuge is a good idea too. I popped one down, overclocked it a couple times, threw in a pneumatic upgrade, and just let it process lava until my combustion engines ran out of fuel so I could dismantle them without losing fuel, and now I can probably make a whole base out of nothing but bronze!

People who complain about Forestry being nerfed really need to reconsider what all Greg offers them. Bronze with GregTech is actually a buff considering how much free copper and tin you can get with this centrifuge.

I know bedrock is not flat, it would require ONE bedrock block directly below the core drill, so it is "theorically" digging to the core.

I like the idea, though having a direct line of sight to bedrock similar to MFR's drill could also work. The higher you build it, the more ridiculously expensive it becomes to drill down, and maybe implement a small heat loss over distance?

Edit :
    Advanced Machine Box, "extends" the machine facing the dotted side, allowing more "faces" to be used for automation, like covers and energy input. [except reactor vents].
    Like the Tesseract Generator does, but cheaper, uses no energy (actually it shares the internal storage of attached machine) and doesnt have terminals.

I like this one, kinda turning every machine into a cheap multiblock. It sounds like it'd be a pain in the butt to make work.