Posts by Malevolence

Just had another little thought that could add to my original one, perhaps at first you can only get that mixed compound as stated and with it you can either centrifuge it to get just osmium and from there you can take the osmium and make a Dissolution Machine which because it's made out of osmium it can handle extremely corrosive materials (such as Aqua Regia and others). Then from there you're able to process the mixed compound with the Aqua Regia or a mix of Chlorine and Hydrochloric acid, which then yields those other elements which can then be used for other things. Yet again this is just a small idea that can easily expanded to a whole new system of machines and other objects and elements/chemical compounds.

So I have some ideas for a tier six (if of course you ever plan on adding something like that in). I was thinking it could only be unlocked by needing a material from the fusion reactor (whether it be something new or the helium plasma cell), and with that you're able to build a new chain of machina. Perhaps with the helium plasma cell you can create something like an Electrorefinery, which can then process platinum to create osmium. It can be as simple as that or it could take a few processes, such as putting in copper giving you silver, gold, platinum, selenium and tellurium as a mixed compound. That can then be taken and fused with sodium peroxide and then dissoluted in nitro-hydrochloric acid (aqua regia), which can give you osmium, iridium, rhodium and ruthenium. This does seem a bit complex. Anyhow with the new way of processing osmium (and possibly a few other new elements) you can have a whole new array of machines that belong at the T6 tier. Osmium as you know is the densest naturally occurring metal and as such can be used to create possibly Highly Advanced Circuits, or quite a bit of other things (I'm sure I can think up quite a bit, but I'll save those ideas for later if such a thing is to be implemented, if it isn't they would just be a waste).

This is only one machine idea and a way to transition into a T6 universe of Gregtech, I know T5 and below items are all still being worked on but after I had legitimately built my fusion reactor and automated it I had such a longing to do something useful with all that power and continue building more. Perhaps the reactor will eventually be needed to supply the machines with enough power to run them, who knows!