Posts by putative

Hi all,

I'm looking to step up to dense plates using GT6 compressors; how can this be done? The bronze compressor only seems to have only one KU/t input (so 2x 16 KU/t isn't possible?) and the lowest tier steam engine that can input 32 KU/t to operate the compressor requires dense plates in its recipe.

Am I missing something? Thanks :3

I didn't switch in the steel steam engine and just noticed, that fixed it -- I should probably get more sleep :P

Hi all,

I'm looking to step up to dense plates using GT6 compressors; how can this be done? The bronze compressor only seems to have only one KU/t input (so 2x 16 KU/t isn't possible?) and the lowest tier steam engine that can input 32 KU/t to operate the compressor requires dense plates in its recipe.

Am I missing something? Thanks :3

Strange. Small Coal Boiler produces 6mb/t of steam, one Steam Extractor consumes 2mb/t, so two Extractors consumes 4mb/t. But there is not enough steam from Small Coal Boiler for two Extractors work without interruption.

How are the extractors connected to the boiler? Steam pressure could be a factor

Edit: I just got a brilliant Idea, rename an Item in order to let the regular Filters not accept it, so that it can be sorted in a different way by NBT Sensitive Filters.

The brilliance of your idea shines too brightly for my mind's eye to see it; are you suggesting I manually assign each species' princess a unique name so NBT filtering will work for my setup?

Did you put a scanned bee in the Filter and expect a not scanned Bee to match or vice versa? Because the scanning is an NBT thing too.

At first I did put a scanned bee in the filter (because I wasn't thinking) but after I realized my mistake from that point onward I only used the unscanned daughter princesses to set the filter.

Hi all,

I just did a brief search for this topic in the forums but it wasn't easy to find so I'll go ahead and make a post about it. Surely I can't be the only one ...?

I'm trying to do some simple automation for my apiaries using item pipes, conveyor modules, and item filters (Version 5.03h). To economize materials, I'm trying to run several apiaries in series using the same item pipe line with the hopes of using GregTech item filters to pull out specific species for specific apiaries. All of the automation works fine except that the resulting princess bee doesn't match the filter set using its mother.

When I toggle "Ignore NBT" then any species of bee is indiscriminately dumped into an apiary, when I toggle "NBT has to match" this prevents the resulting daughter princess bee from being accepted through the filter.

For example, the filter is set using the mother homozygous Pristine princess X and father homozygous drone X, Queen X is bred directly from the the parents used to set the filter, and the resulting homozygous Pristine princess X does not match the filter set with its identical (??) mother. All resulting homozygous drone are recognized by the filter and are pulled out of the item pipe, so I know it works. Furthermore, resetting the filter with the resulting princess (and emptying her into the input line) results in her proper filtration into the apiary. This makes me think that for some reason the NBT changes in the resulting daughter princess, even though I should expect it to be the same.

I might understand the NBT changing with Ignoble princesses who have a less than infinite capacity to be bred, but I wouldn't expect a Pristine princess to have a variable NBT (if that is indeed the problem). It's worth noting here that I also attempted setting the filter using both beealyzed and non-beealyzed princesses just to be thorough, but both failed equally at recognizing the daughter princess.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem that uses GregTech infrastructure?

I run my own small server for friends et al, and they were new to GregTech. They had ambitions of building houses with fanciful gardens, of exploring the terrain, and of finding unique geographical formations. Typical dreams. Sun-dweller dreams. But then they began to enjoy the challenge GregTech offers. And then they crafted their first hammers ...

Gregtech is like basement dweller simulator 2014

They haven't seen the sun in days and won't leave the workshop except to go mining. Greg, we need a recipe for vitamin D supplements to ward off rickets!

^ Naturally, steam powered or better. Maybe have its input be a 3x3 crafting window something like the Forestry Carpenter.

There are not currently any complete GT replacements for the Forestry Carpenter or Railcraft Rolling machine, right (GT 5.03i)?

I did not see recipes for things like advanced rails in NEI; these rails, needed for booster tracks and many others, requires a 3x3 recipe with 3 different types of items and cannot be crafted without using the Railcraft device from what I've seen. There also was no recipe for scented panels in NEI, which requires 4 different types of items plus fluid honey, and cannot be crafted without using the Forestry Carpenter from what I've seen.

Am I wrong? If not, are there plans to fully replace the recipes from the Forestry Carpenter and RC Rolling machine with GregTech?

There's only the 3x3 base for gregtech boilers. Anything else will not work. The "Min 3!" is to let you know that you must have at minimum 3 Fire Boxes in the bottom layer, meaning that you can't have too many input hatches and such. Also, Railcraft boilers can be any bigger than 3x3 base.

Aha, thanks.

Also, anyone else having trouble applying covers to pipes? First time trying to place one since I upgraded to V5.03k

Made a bronze boiler to generate steam and everything's working fine etc (although the tool-tip says to use "casings" to build the structure but bronze-plated bricks are required). Then I noticed that steam collecting in the nearby Railcraft tank looks like steam only colored red.

To investigate the problem, I broke the pipe connected to the boiler so I could look into the output hatch inventory and there the steam icon looks normal (the roiling grey). Looking into the Railcraft tank inventory the steam icon is also a roiling red. Is there a mod miscommunication perhaps?

GT 5.03k
    RC 1.7.2-9.1.0.0

I'm just gearing up to get back into Minecraft [sic] [recte GregTech] after about a year's hiatus so this mDiyo brouhaha completely passed me by. It was cool creating casts and pouring liquid metals and such, but I felt like TC gave you access to powerful tools too early in the game, in my opinion.

Besides mDiyo's mods, are there any others that are explicitly instructed not to interact with GregTech?