Posts by immibis

And I do hate that Minecraft can't be installed on a drive other than that one Windows is installed on..

Make a folder on your other drive. Put minecraft.exe there. Create a batch file with this text, in the same folder:

Code
    set APPDATA=%CD%
    minecraft

Run it, and it will make another .minecraft folder where the batch file and minecraft.exe are. It'll use this .minecraft folder whenever you use the batch file to start Minecraft.

All I did from the ssp to smp version, is removed the addlocalization, removed the register of the gui, and removed the gui class, and removed the images. Your propablly looking at that facepalming, lol. Its my first smp mod, so I don't know what I did. But there is no config, everything is set right, and there both installed right.

The only time I tried modding, I couldn't get GUIs to work at all, even in SSP. But as I understand it, you need to override HandleGUI on the client and assign a GUI ID (which you should ideally let us set in a config) - see step 4 on http://www.minecraftforum.net/…dloadermp-modding-310511/

What exactly doesn't work in SMP?

The OP was asking for pipes to put items into personal safes, but not take them out. Probably impractical to code, but don't misrepresent the request.

Correct. I'm also talking about SMP, not SSP.

Probably not impractical to code for pipes - BC has an API specifically for unusual inventories (ISpecialInventory), but tubes have no such equivalent so they might have to remain blocked.

your problem with smp is due to one of two things,

either your config files for the server and the client are different,

or the server version is not installed / not installed correctly

I would think the creator of the mod knows how to install mods and use the same config files.

Input almost works with both tubes and pipes - it fills the battery slot before the input grid, which is easily worked around by putting something unstackable there. It also has to be from the top, which is probably intentional.
    Output works fine with tubes and pipes.
    Shift-clicking still only fills the battery slot.

Ok, I tried this. The actual recycling function works quite well.
    Some more suggestions:

• Shift-click should put items in the grid, instead of the battery slot.
    • Doesn't work well with pipes or tubes. They can only input to the top-left slot, and can't extract items at all.

Name:
    Allow pipes to place items in personal chests

Description:
    Personal chests used to work like normal chests with BC pipes and RP tubes. Then somebody noticed it was easily griefable, and Alblaka removed the ability for pipes and tubes to access personal chests at all. This makes it impossible to steal items from personal chests this way, but it also makes it impossible to make things like sorters that work with personal chests.
    I suggest that pipes and tubes should be allowed to place items in personal chests, while being unable to extract them.

Recipe:
    Not applicable

Ice is also a single-use coolant. You can use each ice block once, and only once. Thus an ice reactor is a CASUC, because it's continuously applying single-use coolants, even though the coolant is renewable.

All in all, I don't know why more players aren't using lava instead of other energy means (or if they are, why they aren't sharing the info of such usage to the rest of the community).

I used geothermal (Geothermal Mk 2's, from the power converters mod - they're like normal ones but they accept lava from pipes) to power my base on a server, but it was annoying to find lava for it - uranium is easier to find IMO, because IC2 miners will dig it up like every other ore, but they will not pump lava without extra work (not to mention tin).

It's much better in the Nether. When the admins decided to open the Nether for 24 hours, I had 43 geo mk 2's running a mass fabricator.

Intresting design! And the redstone-engine setup for counting was an nice idea!

I think/got a feeling that AlbOS will have an feature to measure/count upwards from redstone pulses.
    Create a powerplant, distrubution network, and a computer running albOS, charge people and terrify them with shuting down their power through a console :D

The redstone engine actually seems to miss most pulses, if it wasn't just a test world I'd change it to a transposer to make it actually work.

You don't need a computer to charge people with RP2. Set up "chest -> filter -> item detector -> chest" and an SR latch. When the EU meter pulses, reset the SR latch and pulse the filter. When the detector detects an item, set the SR latch. The SR latch would be connected to another splitter cable at the meter's input.

Edit:

Well I thought about it, and we already have on the list to make it so that batboxes ect. emit rs power when they are full, rather than the way it is now. Thus we can make a perfect eu meter, without too much trouble, and no glitches.

It needs a way to detect empty batboxes too. A perfect EU meter could be made with the current system, probably with a loop to guarantee power input and output.

I think that would be more easily done with a separate block - like the old Energy-O-Mat, but measuring energy instead of dispensing it. It would be like a transformer but would not change the voltage, and would come in LV, MV and HV variants. (and possibly EV?)

There should be a way to make it so only the person who placed it can access it. It also needs a reset button.

So after reading this post, I got the idea to make a system that can measure EU flowing through a cable (mostly for SMP, to charge people for energy, but I'm sure are other uses).

It works by alternately charging and discharging a batbox/MFE/MFS. The picture shows it in the discharging phase - left is input and right is output (with an extra batbox for buffering). Because the batbox is charging half the time, the maximum average output is 16 eu/t (or 64 with MFE, or 256 with MFS).

At the bottom left is an output wire - I have it connected to a pulse former then a redstone engine, which moves a piece of dirt from one chest to another with every 40000 EU. That way, I could come back every now and then to see how much energy the customer has used and charge them for it.

Unfortunately, I don't see much use for this in the server I play on, because of its size (we have 10x10 town plots, and the town is the only place an electric company would be useful. Although as I was writing this I remembered RP2 devices can be vertical - the meters could possibly be built vertically under the 3-wide roads...

Edit: Forgot to mention - it needs a certain minimum amount of current flow or it will overcharge (further edit: overcharge as in charge too much money, not as in overcharge the batbox). If you feed, say, a single luminator from the output, current will stop flowing when it charges, making the circuit think the batbox is empty. There's no way around this as far as I can tell. A similar thing happens with the input. It will think the entire 40,000 EU has been transferred when really only one packet has.