Posts by Doctor Weird

That folder doesn't get generated by default. You'll have to make a folder called ic2 in your config folder, then open your industrialcraft2 jar with 7zip (winrar also works, but 7zip is advised), go to assets/ic2/config and then extract your macerator.ini into your config/ic2 folder. Then you can edit it there with a text editor (I advise notepad++).

From the looks of it your first steam turbine isn't outputting any of its distilled water, which you should, because it will otherwise reduce the efficiency of your turbine.

And the IC2 steam boiler/turbines have some wonky interactions with fluid pipes from other mods. Try to place a tank directly against the boiler and pipe your (superheated) steam out from that instead.

Also do the same for the first turbine if you can. Then you can pump your distilled water from your condensor and first turbine (tank) back to your steam boiler. However, as the steam boiler auto-outputs into any pipes, it's suggested to pipe the distilled water into a liquid distributor and then point that to output into your boiler.

About the steam explosions due to your boiler producing some regular steam, make sure that you give your boiler the 200 HU/t that it needs. However, I am not sure if the boiler should be producing any regular steam at all when set to that pressure.

I rebuilt your setup in a creative world and my thermal centrifuge processes items without any issues.

Try to take your setup apart and rebuild it. If you can, first connect your batboxes with your thermal centrifuge and try to let it run. Use a EU meter to measure howmuch energy is being sent to the centrifuge once it's actually running.

When the buffer is full and the centrifuge's heated up and actually processing items, it should only take 48 EU/t.

Also, try to apply a redstone signal to your thermal centrifuge or use a redstone signal inverter upgrade, so the centrifuge stays hot. My measurements say it uses about 0.5 - 1 EU to keep it at max temperature.

Please mention which version of IC2 you are using and also include screenshots of your setup if possible.

And as shirolol mentioned, we doubt whether you needed to apply external heaters to the thermal centrifuge.

Don't think you can use the recipe configs to add a block to the game, they're only meant to add recipes. And coal coke blocks haven't been added to ic2 either. So you could look for another mod that adds coal coke blocks (or try with contenttweaker).

You could do this by doing this:
    1. Create a folder in your .minecraft/config folder and call it ic2

2. Open your ic2 jar and go to assets/ic2/config and either extract shapeless_recipes.ini or shaped_recipes.ini into your .minecraft/config/ic2 folder.

Open whichever file you extracted with notepad++ (wordpad might work, don't know about notepad) and look at the instructions. Each recipe just needs to be put on a new line (name of the recipe is not necessary, it's allowed to make finding recipes easier). Then save your edits and launch your game to check if it worked.

First try to add it on your own. If it failed, post your recipe here and I'll have a look at it.

Several questions to help us get further:

1. Which cables are you using?

2. How long are your cables?

3. Are you using a buffer/transformer block inbetween the solar flowers and your underground base?

With the current configs you cannot really disable the EU reactor, as setting its energy production to 0 will also disable the fluid reactor.

However, you can make the EU reactor incredibly inefficient while buffing the fluid reactor to compensate for this.

Look in your IC2.ini

You see that I've set nuclear to 0.01 (so both the EU and fluid reactor are only running at 1% efficiency). To compensate for the fluid reactor, look for this:

Code
    1. ; Base Coolant conversion rate for FluidReactors.
    2. [balance / energy / FluidReactor]
    3. outputModifier = 100.0

Change this from 1 to 100.0 and the fluid reactor should work at regular efficiency again while the EU reactor is only 1% as effective.