Posts by LostCoder

Researches is interesting when you do them for first time, and annoying and boring if you start over, e.g. if you lost you world or something else, because you already know what is waiting you at the end but you still need to spend time to pass through researches, random in that case usually only get things worse. That's why I don't like Thaumcraft - you already know there is golems, but you need to pass through a lot of annoying researches.

Yup. That's why they should be buffed, because if a feature isn't used, then remove it or makes it useful, right ? I know some players start with the Generator ... but as the Geogen isn't that more expensive, what happen very often is that nobody use the Generator. At least GregTech buff it (not the generator in itself, but this way of generating energy), what is cool :)

Generator has advantage before Geothermal Generator because wood and, therefore, charcoal is probably the most renewable resource, but after 10 stacks people usually realize, thought green gens is more expensive, you don't need to mess with chopping trees every time you need energy. It will be boring process even if you buff it. Probably because of that generator achievement called "Suitable Power".

...Instead of giving you back these 1 000 000 EU, it would give you back 250 000 EU...
    A Solar Pannel/Wind Mill wouldn't be as cool as it is now, because you wouldn't be able to store properly your Energy...

With such loss rates even several well designed nuclear reactors will not be cool. :)
    But basically idea of losses looks natural and expectable, there even can be some kind of self-discharging effect.

Myrathi, got such errors with my addons too and also when updating Thaumcraft, but I simply hit "ok", and world was loaded normally. It looks like Forge now perform some exhaustive check for blocks and items, e.g. mod name, version, blocks and items id's and names, and even names of internal packages and classes, so if you made any minor change it will start panic. :)

Mister_Omega, uploaded. I'm added support for energy consumption and then there is new API, I just messed a bit.

Energy consuption is disabled by default, but if someone wanted to test it can be enabled via config. "EnergyPerBlock" specifies how many EU to consume for each found energy tile while scanning (when scanning is done it will not consume energy). It is currently support any tier and has internal accumulator of 10 000 EU. Also indication completely die in 1.4.6 so I remove it, there is now fixed texture.

In plans to add GUI. GUI will display statistics, instead of output it into chat, it also will have upgrade slots, so ability to change "BlocksPerTick" option will be replaced with ability to put overclocker upgrades.

P.S. I don't use code from decompiled IC2, only it API, so I guess it will be ok to publish source code, just in case.

So here is version 0.02.

I'll completely rewrite algorithm, so it now spread cpu load across ticks, therefore it should not produce lagspike when scanning large networks (1000+ block), however it may take some time to complete scan. You can specify whether it should scan faster or eat less cpu per tick by changing "BlocksPerTick" option into config file.

I'm also add handling of multiple tickets. This means that now it should be able to handle networks larger than 25 chunks. Theoretically with default config it should be able to handle up to 25 * 500 = 12500 chunks. However occasionally minecraft can run out of memory and finish with corresponding exception.

There is now a weak indication on what happening with anchor. Textures may dissapear from block sides, it will be fixed in upcoming releases.

Shaded icon on block sides will tell you which mode it is using:

• grid - means stand-alone mode;
    • something like cable - means network mode.

Colored square on top of block tells in which state it is now:

• gray - idle, doing nothing, it also will be used when there is not enough energy (not implemented yet);
    • orange - scanning network/building chunk list;
    • green - scan finished and chunks succesfully forced, which means everything should be ok;
    • red - scan finished and there is some error, most probably there is not enough tickets;

Consider altering the network discovery mode, so it simply stops at 25 chunks instead of giving up completely. Some of us have huge power networks, usually on servers. I've done some crazy stuff using EV cable and HV transformers.

I was already thought about it. I'm wonder what is exact behaviour should be? Probably it should select closest chunks, so it be some kind of circle shape, and there is then trouble to understand which chunks is loaded, so there should be some visualization, which I currently don't know how to do.

Definitely an interesting concept, although are you certain that such a thing should be available so soon and cheaply? Railcraft balances it by making the world anchor expensive.

Don't know, if think about realism then this device is anomaly and should not exists and/or do nothing, and nothing should costs nothing. On other hand it can be treated as some hub or network utility/control device, then it probably should be more advanced.

This mod is now maintained by Zuxelus here: [1.7.10] Ztech - Collection of Addons
    License:
    This addon is provided 'as is' without any warranty. Author of this addon is not responsible for any harm that can occur from using of this addon, you use at you own risk.

Description:
    This addon brings intelligent chunk loader block called "Network Anchor".

Statement for modpacks: you are free to include this addon into modpacks.

Dropbox mirror (includes previous versions)

Needed for items that can not be charged at all, or can be charged only in a special way (crafting, inside special block(s)/machine(s) that know how to do it, etc.).

Code
    public interface IElectricItem {
    	/**
    	 * Determine if the item can be charged.
    	 * @return Whether the item can be charged.
    	 */
    	boolean canBeCharged();
    }

It should be checked at the beginning of ElectricItem.charge() and if returns false, ElectricItem.charge() should not charge the item.

Code
    public final class ElectricItem {
    	public static int charge(ItemStack itemStack, int amount, int tier, boolean ignoreTransferLimit, boolean simulate) {
    		if ( ((IElectricItem) itemStack.getItem()).canBeCharged() == false ) return 0;
    		...rest code...
    	}
    }

Additional idea: SU-Battery can be rewritten in such a way to be discharged smoothly, like RE-Battery, but not be able to recharge. Empty batteries can be thrown away or placed into recycler.

Could you recompile the code with the 1.107 APi?
    Open Beta v1.107
    Im getting an classnotfound: awr error from my server when i add your mod :/

My fault - I don't test it with server with mods. However I'd rather wait for stable releases, because 1.107 is beta, and some builds may not work at all. That's right, it was an error with "armour rendering prefix", because server does not support rendering. Please check the attached build. It will be much easier to find errors if you attach the full report next time. :)

It's out of scope of this addon, but perhaps I will include something like this in new addon, which I'm already writing. Currently I do not have much free time, so I don't know when I finish it.
    Let me ask: why do you need so many EU?

It's a bit like cheating, however, because it's done for powering miner via portable source of EU what is a PURPOSE. Anyway, it's not annoying, since this is an addon. And it's not as much OP as Compact Solars/Advanced Solar Pannels.

Autominer itself is a bit like cheating, but sometimes it is just too lazy to dig resources. Anyway, I will be glad to any opinions. :)

I have a problem with automatic tier change, which was impossible to implement with the current version of the engine. Maybe I'm try some time later with new engine version, maybe I was not enough looking ... in any case, I decided to:
    - decrease capacity to 1 200 000 eU (equal to 4x LapPack), from my expirience it should be enough to 99% tasks, and it will be not so god-like;
    - increase trasfer rate to 1000 eU/t (also 4x LapPack rate), now it's inherited from QuantumSuit Armor;
    - assign a tier 3, so it can be charged / discharged only in MFSU, also inherited from QuantumSuit Armor;
    - leave only one recipe and remove transformers from it;
    - tooltip text now will be the same color as QuantumSuit Armor;
    Generally comes simply tier 3 backpack which, from my sight, looks better balanced.
    I upload version 1.01 very soon.

License:
    This addon is provided 'as is' without any warranty. The owner of this addon is not responsible for any harm that can occur from using of this addon. You use it at you own risk.

Description:
    This addon brings several quantum energy storages.

*** All recipes will try to use plates/ingots from OreDictionary if available (notice primarily for GregTech users)

Statement for modpacks: you are free to include this addon into modpacks.

DropBox mirror (includes previous versions)