Mark I-O EC Reactor

• Seems to be working in-game and also stable with the theorycraft test tool here.
    As you can see, 4 chambers, 35 EU/t, and 2.33 efficiency. Heat on the water cells hasn't gone up in many a tick.

• With the design I posted the theorycraft tool was showing the components gaining a little heat but holding steady at low heat counts.

Talonius, I'm pretty impressed. That one is definitely better. Same EU/t, same efficiency, same heat, fewer components. I didn't think to border a uranium cell with a cooling cell.
    Serg, I don't know how well that'll work. A cell doesn't contribute any cooling unless it has some heat and the theorycraft tool is showing 6 cooling cells sitting at 0 heat while the one bordering the reactor on the right is climbing at a 2-3 heat/tick. Edit: Yeah, theorycraft tool blew one of the water cells and everything got melty quick.
    Do cooling cells redistribute heat to neighboring cells or no?

• Serg's reactor works fine too, all cooling cells have atleast one dispenser sitting next to them :)

While Cooling Cells don't transfer any of their given heat to it neighbours, Heat Dispensers will withdraw heat (upto 6 heat per reactor tick) from Cooling Cells in an effort to balance heat levels out.

• Interesting. The theorycraft tool had Serg's reactor fail at about 3400 ticks, one of the cooling cells popped and it went downhill from there.

• I like Vendan's. It's pretty good.
    Edit: So, question. Is a 'cycle' defined as one full usage of a uranium cell? I.e. if I'm going for a Mark II, it means I completely consume the cell without meltdown despite a positive heat/cooling ratio?

• I like Vendan's. It's pretty good.
    Edit: So, question. Is a 'cycle' defined as one full usage of a uranium cell? I.e. if I'm going for a Mark II, it means I completely consume the cell without meltdown despite a positive heat/cooling ratio?

Yup