A question about the generators, EU/packet, and EU/tick

• Apparently, when an EU packet reaches its destination, the packet's size is rounded up to the nearest whole number -- I run a 32 EU packet through 4 copper cable to batobox, and the packet it loses (.2 • 4 ) .8 EU on its journey, which is rounded down to the nearest whole number, here 0. My question is: must EU packets always come in whole numbers? The wiki says, for example, that the max EU/t outputted by a water mill is .25 EU/t -- does this mean the generator outputs a single 1 EU packet every four ticks, or a .25 EU packet every tick?

(Related second question: The wiki says that a wind mill outputs 0-4 EU/tick, multiplied by 1.5 in a thunderstorm -- does this mean that a wind mill in a thunderstorm has a good chance of melting any connected tin cable it's connected to ? (4 EU •1.5 = 6 EU, capacity of tin cable is 5 EU))

• 1. By watching batbox connected to the watermill, i assume 1EU is sent every 4 ticks.
    2. No clue. :D

1. Yes, they send 1 EU every 4 ticks. EU packets must always be whole numbers
    2. Yes they can, it happened to me a few times before I upgraded my wind farm to glass fibre. If the effective height (Y coordinate minus the number of covered blocks in a 9x7x9 area, as explained on the wiki) is no more than 80, then the windmill can never output more than 5 EU/t, and thus can never melt tin cable.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• If the effective height (Y coordinate minus the number of covered blocks in a 9x7x9 area, as explained on the wiki) is no more than 80, then the windmill can never output more than 5 EU/t, and thus can never melt tin cable.

See now that's something I wish I knew earlier. I was expermenting with my towers to see if I could tweak them to not melt the cable in storms. But if it means hamstringing them that badly, I'd rather just cough up the tin for more cables. Damn.

• See now that's something I wish I knew earlier. I was expermenting with my towers to see if I could tweak them to not melt the cable in storms. But if it means hamstringing them that badly, I'd rather just cough up the tin for more cables. Damn.

You still get over 1.5x the energy of solars for 1.2x the iron at effective height 80. And that doesn't mean they have to be at Y=80 - the higher they are, the closer together you can put them.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• See now that's something I wish I knew earlier. I was expermenting with my towers to see if I could tweak them to not melt the cable in storms. But if it means hamstringing them that badly, I'd rather just cough up the tin for more cables. Damn.

You can still use copper cables. It's little more complicated, but effective too.