My fully automatic scrap factory (IC2+BC+RP2)

• Official Post

Not bad! What power source are you using to run the recyclers? As far as I can tell from the screenshots this seems to be underground, so it's probably not solar or wind power. Does it use overclocking?

I'm also curious how fast the transport is through the RP2 tubes. I have been using BC pipes and redpower engines to move items in my own factory and it took some tinkering to make the system just barely fast enough to keep up with the BC engines.

RP2 pneumatic tubes are kinda slow. Try Magtubes from RP2 item speed is 20 blocks per second (but requires blutricity).,
    Probably he is using geothermal or watermills.

There are many better systems to make a scrap factory. [Lag-free tutorial has a clockless cobblegenerator designed by me]

• Q: How much scrap do you get every minute?
    I made one that does 25 every minute (it did 125 in 5 minutes, timed with a timer on 300 sec and a tflipflop) (total size: 9*11*5 (lenght*with*height)(control panel excluded)) with tekkit 3 .

We are making 2000..3000 scrap per min. Thanks to GregTech. We use Electric Rock Breakers to make cobble which is transported to 128 highly-overclocked Recyclers by using Pneumatic Tubes. Scrap is crafted to boxes with Electric Crafting Tables. Scrapboxes are opened in Scrapboxinators.

Using pipes to transport thousands and thousands of blocks of cobble makes factory area extremely laggy. Because of that we are making some massive changes.

Every breaker puts its cobble to Automatic Recycler which puts scrap to buffers which move it to craft table to craft boxes. This is the first place where pipes are used. Pipes transport boxes to boxinators.

Reduce in lag is amazing. Still waiting for opportunity to overclock auto-recyclers to make as nice output as earlies.

Everything is 100% legit. Building has taken huge amounts of resources but factory gives them back. And even more. ;)

Mods used: IndustrialCraft2, GregTech, RedPower.