Booze fermenting in unloaded chunks

• Does beer and rum ferment in unloaded chunks? I am playing on the industrial rage server and someone decided to buy a barrel of beer. I then put the stuff in the barrel and promptly logged off to fall asleep. Does anyone know if booze ferments in unloaded chunks?

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Official Post

Probably it doesn't. As NOTHING (if i'm not wrong) works inside an unloaded chunk. Generators stop producing energy, entities freeze (so does their despawn time) , machines stop consuming energy (and processing of course). Redpower Frames don't move into them ( i think) , minecarts freeze on chunk border, etc. So it may not ferment while unloaded.

Try a chunkloader if you have a mod that adds one ^^.

• Thankyou for the help. we do but the chunkloader blocks have been disabled for lag reasons and now I gotta sit on this booze barrel for 12 irl hours for a customer X_X

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P