Posts by DarkManX1

I hope that this message will not put me on the ban list but I would like to weigh in on this issue.

I watch the Yogscast youtube channel everyday and/or when a new video is posted. They are entertaining and frequently feature interesting videos both on Minecraft and various mods. I would say that the Yogscast is a major reason I purchased Minecraft (I believe it was version 1.2 then). Most of the time their mod spotlight series serves only to showcase mods I am not interested in despite the fact that most of them are brilliantly done and well exceed the level of programming knowledge I could ever hope to obtain. However, their showcase of the Technic Pack certainly piqued my interest.

I would like to go ahead and disclose that I did download the pack knowing full well that the mod makers were not asked their permission. If that resulted in any forgone earnings for the subsequent developers I do apologize for that. However, upon using the Technic Pack I found it to be buggy, cumbersome, and not much more than a thrown together slop of mostly incompatible parts.

Upon realizing I neither cared to or wanted to donate the time to sort through all the problems and much to my relief both Forge and Buildcraft were updated a couple days after seeing the first video. As of this post I have a completely legitimate copy of both mods and am enjoying them immensely. Furthermore I am also subscribed to xKillerBees YouTube channel and would like to say as an aside that you sir are hilariously entertaining.

My point of this long drawn out book of a post is that I would have never noticed Forge, Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, Better than Wolves, Redstone Power, etc had it not been for the Yogscast. The pack compiler was WRONG to illegally distribute the pack but in some cases despite the goons and trolls and people asking the same questions over and over again (see BuildCraft on MCF) that compiler may have the opposite effect he intended. He may have only made the mod makers more money and every mod maker that was included in that pack deserves to have however big of an ego he/she wishes because the achievements of all the mods is INCREDIBLE.

Lastly, I would like to personally apologize to the maker of IndustrialCraft in particular because by clicking on the Technic Pack instead of the legitimate IndustrialCraft download I may have cost you some amount of money. I would also however like to thank you for taking the time (of which I'm sure you have a limited amount) to make an excellent mod that in a lot of ways is a full game in itself that exceeds the base game of Minecraft. I hope this post serves in some way to show I'm not a goon or a troll and I look forward to seeing the amazing work that continues from this mod.

Thank You,

DarkManX1