Posts by Xandaros

Can you make it check if redpower is installed and, if so, add a checkbox in the gui to output the heat value into bundled cables instead?

That way I can further use that value with redpower control. (65el02 aka central processing unit)
    Will also be easy to use with ComputerCraft.

That'd be totally awesome :)

It won't lose the plating, because it is not connected to any heat dispensers and doesn't suck heat from the hull itself. Also, the Depleted Isotope Cells don't produce heat. The plating stays on 0% heat all the time.

As for the water: I set it up in a way the source block is out of range and the reactor is cooled by water falling on top of it. Placing a few blocks and destroying them again causes the water to completely surround the reactor.

So, those are not the problems, but I think I figured it out:

After switching to breeding configuration, the reactor cooled down for some reason. I still don't know why, but that is the source of the problem.
    The cooling was only temporarily and it would have eventually stopped cooling down.
    But I changed the configuration to stop it from losing heat too fast.

So the cooling stops now and it is still in the other config. Guess what happens? Yup, the reactor heats up again.

It destroys the cooling systems pretty quickly and causes the hull to gain heat in an instance. And the reactor goes boom.

I still don't know why it cooled down, though. I didn't place cool cooling systems in it, which immediately comes to mind as a possible cause.
    Actually, I only removed components to switch the configuration...

Well, first of, this is my breeder: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…56w5kdr4il7zly6lyfs9bt8n4
    I put the reactor plating in there to separate the place where the uranium belongs from the cooling system. (Heat configuration takes some more space, hence it's so big)

I am playing on a SMP server, which has the thermometer mod installed. So I used the thermometer to check the heat of the reactor and noticed the following:
    After It went up to approx. 9400 heat, I switched from heat configuration to breeding configuration, which I posted above.
    According to the thermometer, the reactor was cooling down. The first mystery.

I changed my design so the reactor only cooled down slowly. After I went afK for a short moment, the reactor blew up. (I got most of the stuff back, though. And no environmental damage. (It was in reinforced stone)

I also tried removing the reactor plating to stabilize it, but it didn't work. Removing cooling systems made in heat up, placing one again made it cool down again. Couldn't get it to remain on a heat level.

So my question is: Why was the reactor hull cooling down and how can a negative breeder blow up with a breeding setup?

It's a simulation, not a calculation. You can set it to stop at X cycles, but you will have to run though all of those, that come earlier, though.

Stop-cycle button would be a great idea, indeed.

A way to fasten it up is also needed, but I can see the technical limitations here.
    If you want to, you can try to recreate it as a Java Applet. Since even Minecraft is able to run as a Java Applet, I am certain it will give quite a performance boost. You've got to learn a whole new language, though. Well, it's up to you :)

OCAdam: Do not mix JavaScript and Java. Although both contain "Java", they are COMPLETELY different.
    JS is a scripting language (as the name suggests), has no datatypes or complex structures.
    Java is a full-blown programming language, it is THE object-oriented language, right next to C++.
    Actually, C++ and Java are the most used languages today.

Do you see the difference?
    Summary: JS is aimed at web development, while Java is a real programming language that creates executables. (jar files)

(If anybody has a problem about how I am speaking so highly of Java: I hate it being a VM, too :D, it is fun to use it, though)

care to share these simple things?
    If you say you can improve it through "simple things", I might actually want to know them, too, you know? :)
    (If that sounded unfriendly, that is was not intended. Just didn't know how to phrase it otherwise)

Hey there, I've tried to make an efficient Breeder the last few hours and this what I got now: http://test.vendaria.net/index…CCHUHCCPCHCCHPCCPCCCHCCHC

I am well aware that it builds up heat, but I couldn't lower it any further without changing the basic design.

So... how is it? Is it actually usable? I didn't try it in-game, I am way to afraid to do that :D

Although it is a breeder it generates quite some energy... I'm not sure whether I like that or not, it means I can use some energy, as well.
    It needs a cooldown period, though :(

Anyway, what do you think of it?