Posts by wolfenstein19

Hey Greg,
    I like how you make all this stuff more expensive. But one point really pesters me : The iridium. It takes an awful ton of stuff to be created, and even the most basic of the machines to make it require it. Its rare as fuck. You need it for EVERY SINGLE HIGHTECH ITEM. This makes your mod kind of not worth the effort. Why pester with superexpensive quantum chests when you can take a barrel? Why make a fusion reactor when you can spam solars?

By the time you have all the iridium you need for the advanced machines, you have just THAT much of everything else that comes from mining that its not even worth constructing your devices anymore.

Basic Example. a 64x64 Quarry usually gives off 1 Iridium Ore.

Meanwhile
    ~30 diamonds
    ~10-15 stacks iron ore
    ~10-15 stacks tin ore
    ~2 stacks gold ore
    - a ton of lapis and redstone

so now you need 170 something iridium ore for the fusion reactor alone, until you have that, you have everything you will ever need of other mineables aswell.

Possible solutions :

- Make iridium spawn way more often (maybe just a brink rarer then diamonds)
    - some kind of conversion recipe (1 Diamond Block + 6 Carbon Plates + 2 Dense Copper Plates = 1 High-Tech Mesh, compress to 1 Iridium Ore)
    - strip the matterfabricator off its iridium cost and make it generate iridium cheaper then other UU_M (not 7x25.000.000 for one)

That'd be nice.

is your silver preventing other mod's silver to spawn? we have factorization and it doesnt spawn its silver somehow, which is kind of sad because you need a megaton of it for its devices. Could you maybe add an option to turn off biome dependancy of the ores and configure the spawn rates?

Btw : I like how you make stuff more expensive. How about turning your attention to the highly underpriced Terraformer?
    Also, how about centrifuging redstone to some kind of stuff?