Posts by DoctorBeard

I'm no expert, but shouldn't addSmelting of vm (which should be FurnaceRecipes afaik) be obfuscated too? In either case, I'm getting the same error on 1.4.2 with Forge 341. I'll try updating my Forge version next.

Edit:
    Works with 349, which is the current recommended version.

Ah, cool tip. Thanks!

It helps to tell it to dump empty IDs too so you know where you can put stuff. I'd also dump Block IDs and Item IDs separately. Just tell it to ignore Item IDs and empty Item IDs and dump, then do it vice versa and dump again. The IDs will be in two files in your .minecraft folder called something along the lines of "IDMap dump <date> at <time>.txt"

Also note that even if you told it to dump empty IDs not all of them will be in the file. If there's a huge gap between IDs, say it jumps from 300 to 1000, then that means that all IDs in that range are free.

It's always a good idea to make a dump just before installing a new mod, in case there are conflicts. A lot of mods nowadays have a system in place that can assign IDs dynamically, but there is till no guarantee there won't be any conflicts.

https://github.com/SirSengir/BuildCraft

BuildCraft is completely open source (unlike IC2 wink wink nudge nudge). It's been updated to 1.4.2, it's just not been officially released yet. If you want to use it (at your own risk, of course) just get the source from github and compile it yourself (although for the love of god, don't ask how to do it in this thread, especially since it says that right there on the repo frontpage).

Post bugs and questions specific to this test build here. Please don't post them in the forums, helps us organize.

Have you guys thought about setting up a bug tracker? It would reduce the clutter and you wouldn't have to sift through the forums anymore. I don't know how much hosting capabilities you guys have left but you could just set up something like Mantis or Trac.

Just throwing this out there. Apologies if this has been suggested before and was shot down.