Posts by skitters

I like the idea, I would also like to see radioactivity when the reactor is running, radioactive intensity increases as EU production increases, this would allow for you to need to wear a special protective suit as you stated to be within a certain radius of the reactor without taking accumulative damage

Already been suggested once before here in FenixR's post, although are you currently in the mining frameship challenge? If not you might want to check it out here

His is a slightly different idea I believe, and that makes a some of a difference, I believe I added a bit more detail to this post to make it a fresher idea and more appealing to get the developers considering.

Name: Advanced Miner

Description/Discussion: I would like to make a suggestion for Industrial Craft 2 based upon the miner and the pump. I thought of an idea for a new type of machine for Ic2 when working on my mining frameship. I came across this idea because fully automated mining is the most efficient when done in the ocean because of the rarity of hills or disruptions to your frameship, but miners alone cant go through lava/water. Basically the Advanced Miner would have the Miner from Industrial Craft and the Pump from Industrial Craft combined into one machine for space efficiency, and I am aware that a pump next to a miner will work as well but that's not always the best option when you have tubes going everywhere to get things from place to place fully automatically. Properties for this new machine would include using the same amount of power as a normal miner does and the same amount of power as a normal pump does when it is actually in use; to add to that, I would make the combined machine use more power than the normal 2 combined to still allow advantages to players that do not plan to be mining into lava/water frequently and are fine with the miner as it is, therefore the original 2 machines do not become obsolete.

Recipe: To conclude, I would like to suggest a possible crafting recipe: Miner/Pump(ofc), Advanced Machine Block, and 6 refined iron to top off the recipe.
    :Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: miner :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: pump :Refined Iron:

Here is also a picture of my mining ship if anyone is interested in seeing my scenario/progress :P, I took inspiration from someone named BrickedKeyboard if anyone knows him...