Posts by Pyra

solved it.

When I uploaded the modded minecraft_server.jar file to the server, I saved it as "minecraftforge_server.jar", thinking it would be easy to differentiate it between the other .jars that I could choose from in the .jar file selection list. Apparently the server couldn't tell that it was a custom server file and created another "minecraft_server.jar" file loading that one (and tekkit sub-consequently loaded instead) I changed the name of "minecraftforge_server.jar to minecraft_server.jar and it booted the latest version as well as IC2 (log below)

^ ^half of the log, the whole thing is to many characters.

For now it's working :) Thanks for the help and pointing out that the server version mismatch, without that I wouldn't have been able to figure it out. :P

Downloading latest version now, I must have grabbed an earlier version by accident then installed that instead. Tekkit312 is a different .jar that came with the server, I have no idea why this is loading.... (using multicraft btw)

here is the log:

got it!!

I contacted the server host and asked them about the elusive minecraft_server.jar file and they said to dl one from the minecraft website, mod it how i want, upload it to the server directory, then contact them asking to enable custom .jars.

Thank you for the help crafterofmines :)

I recently bought minecraft as well as rented a server and someone suggested that I install IC2 on it. After a few hours of research and futile attempts to install it on my own, I figured I'd make an account and ask the wonderful people here for help installing it. I found out that it's not bukkit compatible and reverted my server back to vanilla, though I cannot find a tutorial as to how to install it. All I could find are tutorials for servers hosted on machines at homes. The server is running version 1.4.5 of minecraft and I would like to run the IC2 1.4.5 beta any help is much appreciated.