Posts by nxk

Suggestion:

A high-tier machine that can supply EU wirelessly to all LV devices in a certain radius. Recipe should be expensive and should require end-game tech (iridium + titanium + chrome). Exact parameters can be tweaked, but it could be something like:

Name: RF Power Terminal
    Volume: 8 blocks in any direction i.e. 17x17x17
    Input: up to 128 EU/t
    Output: 8 EU/t to any LV-only device in the area that's not a transformer/energy storage unit. Alternatively, LV devices must be explicitly upgraded with a RF Power Receiver to accept EU, with each level of upgrade providing 2 EU/t
    Loss: 50% eu lost to wireless transmission (i.e to supply one device with 8 EU/t, machine will consume 16 EU/t)
    Underlying technology (for recipe etc): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonant_inductive_coupling

This would be really convenient for powering translocators/buffers/sorters, especially in those pesky Forestry/Buildcraft/Railcraft automations where there is no natural source of EU wired close by.

Thanks a lot! Suspected it was a rolling machine recipe - looks like none of those are showing up on my NEI. Will have to look into what's going on there...

Edit: To the previous posters who seem to have the same issue - my Forestry NEI plugin (from NEIPlugins) was not in mods/ for some reason and I didn't notice. Without that NEI plugin, rolling machine recipes won't show up.