Posts by Nietsnie

Any update on if I can check out the code for the breeder reactor?

I understand how to move the items now, and how to check the heat of the reactor, but I don't know how to do the toggle, the quit, or how many times to check per tick. :pinch:

Apologies if I'm annoying. I've never used CC before, I stuck mainly to RP/BC automation, but since RP is 1.2.5 it's not really an option.

Yup! I just updated the description to all the scripts I use. Let me know if you have any questions.

Didn't even know about the ID turtle peripheral, I've been looking for something like that for ages, just a shame it takes up a slot so would have to ditch something to even attach it. Just weird that something like that isn't added by default to the turtle. It's a frickin' computer after all, it can do pretty much anything but that. The item compare feels really clunky and doesn't fit a computer of that magnitude. Doubt I'll use it tho. I don't really like computercraft that much, it's just way too op for my taste because of what the turtles can do with minimal effort from the player. Writing the code, yeah, that takes a bit of effort, uploading the code somewhere and having a noob(like myself) download it takes zero effort.

To each their own. I really enjoy the scripting and automation part. You can always have the peripheral on a different turtle/computer and use rednet to communicate between the two if you need the extra slot.

You would also need some way to create lapis lazuli. I'm using logistics pipes + autocrafting table to do that. However, there's a bunch of other ways using things like redpower or plain buildcraft or the like.

I did end up needing to grab the TubeStuff addon because the buildcraft crafting table would only take LZH-Condensators of the damage value in the recipe. The Mk2 Table from tubestuff would take any sort of damage value.

The scripting is lua, which is a fairly simple language to learn, and there is a lot of resources out there (http://www.lua.org/pil/ has the first edition of the book available). However, the ComputerCraft implementation of lua is based on LuaJ and not the "official" lua. So, there's a bit of weirdness here and there. ComputerCraft has it's own implementation of a few things as well. You can find that API here: http://computercraft.info/wiki/Category:APIs

Once you get a general feel for lua, and have ComputerCraft installed, it's really just about playing around. I would recommend enabling the http configuration option for ComputerCraft (if you are able) so you can edit the script files on your own computer with something like Sublime Text 2, instead of in the game. There's a pastebin program built into computercraft that can grab stuff from pastebin. It's also easy to grab from your dropbox if you have that (which is what I do).

I'll try and add all the scripts I used for each component of the system to the youtube video sometime later today. There's a couple of scripts that were collaborative and I want to make sure all parties are ok with releasing them.

Hi!

I was always interested in doing a CUSAC type implementation, but never got around to it with the older versions of IC2. While playing with the new beta in 1.4.5 I decided to mix in some lua scripting using ComputerCraft and the new OpenCCSensors peripheral :)

Video goes in the basic setup of the two reactor designs from HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints). I'm using the Extreme Temperature Breeder and the Supreme MK-1-EA-5.49 design. The video also features another OpenCCSensor at the beginning which can be skipped. Also, if you ever wondered what 1 billion EU looks like, or how fast a mass-fabricator goes with over 50k EU/t, that's in there too. :)

Link to video: Minecraft 1.4.5 OpenCCSensors and 4,360EU/t IndustrialCraft Reactor - 1 BILLION EU ;)