Posts by AEtherchild

Recently downloaded this mod (thought it looked cool), correctly installed it (I think. Was said to be just drop it in mods folder), then went off to play for a day of testing out all of the new items and machines. However, upon entering my world, I found that I can't use anything from greg-tech. My MC doesn't crash or anything, and Forge even says the mod is correctly downloaded and active, but I can't build anything in the mod or even spawn it in. Running the latest version.

Feeling confused. :?:

Which versions of GregTech and IC2 are you running?

I saw a pretty interesting WIP on MCForum a while ago that sadly got scrapped; judging by the latest advancements in GregTech Intergalactical, I feel some of the items involved with that could turn out very nice. So here's a suggestion!

The main premise of the project was around collecting, bottling, and utilizing Gasses. This included Atmospheric Accumulators, a multi-block "grid" structure that would over time collect certain gasses depending on the Biome and specific nearby entities (yes, it was ultimately going to be possible to place an Accumulator over a cow farm in a Swamp biome to acquire VERY large amounts of Methane). If these Gasses were registered in the Liquid Dictionary, it would be nice to be able to put them into Cells using a Liquid Transposer, Bottler, or some kind of GregTech machine.

Additionally, the mod post mentioned the option of being able to somehow centrifuge Gasses down to their base elements (to an extent), and then have a machine that would be able to create certain compound gasses. I have a lot of ideas about how this could be used properly (mainly because I would love Halogen Lamps, and if the WIP was to be continued I would have loved an API on his part).

So, Gregorius. Is this something that you'd consider?

Also

This is in regards to the Living Metal Ingots from the Harken Scythe mod. Judging by the mod and its purpose I assume it's on the developer's end and not yours, but I figure I may as well point it out.

Feel free to ignore 201, I was being derp. That was the latest BC Build on the Jenkins page that is, indeed, outdated. But with the Github build that implements the modified RefineryRecipes.class, I can't seem to compile this build (or even get a working JDK workspace), so I guess I'll hang on until BC 1.4.6 is pushed out officially. For now I'll sit here and watch the liquid UU pool up in the pipes in my walls :D

Also, just noticed this in my MultiMC console on boot-up:

LiquidUU: Did not load ThermalExpansion integration: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    IC2v1.110, Forge 445, TE 2.1.5, LUU 0.7.9

So, how noobish would I sound if I said I seem to be drawing a blank about installing Apache Ant and therefore am unsure about how to compile the updated BC RefineryRecipe class? I don't suppose anybody with more knowledge about Java workspaces than I is able to compile https://github.com/narc0tiq/Bu…cipes/RefineryRecipe.java into a class? I feel like a tard for not being able to get my head around Ant X(

EDIT: Ignore me, found the :201 build of BC on Jenkins that includes the Refinery NEI class.
    EDIT: With no download, and categorized as a Failed build.

I'm using advanced machines 4.6a and I'm having an issue with getting a consistent amount for my outputs from your machines. What I mean is, when I put a stack of 64 sticky resin into a fully up to speed vanilla Centrifuge Extractor, I should get three full stacks of rubber. Instead, I get two full stacks, a stack of 60, and the machine showing that it's in the middle of a procedure, and that's where it sits. This sort of behavior is consistent across all the advance machines from this mod. Regardless of how it's upgraded or it's state. It doesn't crash the world, but this inconsistency and loss of materials makes it really unusable in a factory setting.

Confirmed. Though at least this bug is consistent - it ALWAYS gives 2x64+60 Rubber per stack of Resin. I haven't noticed any issues with the Macerator or Compressor, they appear to be working perfectly fine, and I have not yet tested the Extractor bug with other inputs/outputs.

Also, graphical bug - If you close the GUI of any Advanced Machine while the progress bar has any Fill length, and then open the GUI once the Machine has finished, the Fill bar remains at the state it was in, and does not change until it has a new Process to begin. A normal inventory update (drawing items out) does not reset the Progress Bar.

So, here are the two strange issues that are taking place...

First, I have repeatedly logged in to find my HV Charging Bench and the energy storage device that feeds it drained. No items are left in it to charge, it's not being provided a redstone signal, no other devices on the energy network are drawing constant power. I'll leave with full power in the HV bench and come back to find my whole network dry. Since removing the HV Charging Bench from my network there have been no problems.

Second, I have two GregTech energy storage systems that I am trying to use with Storage Monitors. The first is an LESU with enough blocks added on to provide 28m EU storage. The other is an AESU. I've created the cards, linked them with the devices, placed them in the Storage Monitors and everything works absolutely perfectly... but when I log back in after some amount of time with nobody on the server, both the cards have vanished.

1) Is it only Charging Benches that seem to lose their charge, or other IC2 machines? I know there's slight issues in IC2 1.110 to do with EnergyNet machines when their dimension gets unloaded (whether they're World Anchored or not, strangely), but losing their charge is fairly major - If any IC2 or GregTech machines also happen to lose their charge, that should help pinpoint the issue.
    2) Again, have you noticed any issues with regular IC2 Storage Machines losing their cards, or is it solely for GregTech storage devices?

Gotta love the Centrifuge in regards to Lava. It feels broken though. I have an EnderStorage Liquid Transposer setup moving Lava from the Nether to my house, to then be spun through 4 Centrifuges and basically give me a free stack of Copper every half-hour or so. On the other hand, this feels OP, so as soon as I paid for the materials for my fifth Nuclear Reactor I stopped doing this.

Also. The Chemical Composition tooltips for GregTech items give me SO many ideas. I'm waiting for a mod that allows for the creation and manipulation of gasses, which could then be put into Cells with a Liquid Transposer and used for awesomeness. I might start working on that myself, to be honest.

Yep, that's what I meant ^^ Having both of those options does sound like a useful idea - It's definitely helped Thermal Expansion out by having all 3 options available for his Machines. Personally I would use the Redstone Ignored state of the Machines, as I don't particularly move my setup around once I'm happy, so no need to stop the Stations from drawing EU. But the high player-side customizability of the Redstone toggling would definitely be a nice touch :)

OH.

I want to facedesk SO hard.

The Advanced Machines I have on the bottom row of my setup have Redstone Torches underneath them to keep them fully heated up.

I did not know offhand that a Redstone Signal stopped your Charging Stations from functioning. The issue WAS caused my end from when I upgraded the Extractor next to my station to the Centrifuge Extractor. I guess it's my bad for not reading your mod post correctly.

Hm; sadly this doesn't appear to have fixed the particular setup I had in my house. I've tried re-placing all of the machines involved in this setup, and it makes me wonder altogether if there was a slight change in the core Transformer mechanics or anything.

Either way; I can confirm that all three tiers of your Charging Benches, in both your official release and that Beta version, will charge comfortably from a setup slightly less power-heavy than mine. As for why my setup randomly decided to stop working... Not too sure. But it very much appears that it's not an issue your end, and most likely me overlooking something :)

Thanks for the amazing mod and the friendly reply ^^

For some reason, since updating to IC2 v1.110, my MV Charging Station is no longer drawing power from cables. Have tried a fresh world with just a 32EU/t Quantum Generator from Advanced Solars into an LV Charging Station, but it seems to be receiving no power; I assume some EnergyNet change happened IC2-side.

Ignore this message - turns out I was just being REALLY dumb. It works fine :)

I am curious though - SOMETHING has changed IC2-side that's affected my energy setup somehow.

SETUP: MFSU being powered with 180EU/t, flowing energy through an MV Transformer across Gold Cables. Gold Cables are holding my MV Charging Station, 1 Industrial Electrolyzer (GregTech), 4 Recyclers, 1 Induction Furnace, and the 3 upgraded machines from Advanced Solars (redstone powered, so drawing 1EU/t). At the end of the Gold Cables is an LV Transformer pumping into a BatBox, which is powering 2 Industrial Centrifuges (GregTech). In IC2 1.109 this setup worked perfectly; all my machines were receiving a beautiful amount of power. But all that's changed is the update to 1.110 and suddenly the Charging Station won't draw power anymore. Any idea as to what might be messed up here?