Posts by PvtSkittles34

I had an automated miner going and had a pump next to it (had cells placed in the top slot of the pump), and had power running to both of them but the miner stopped mining when it hit a lava pool.

i assume the bottom slot like every other machine is used for portable power sources... was i doing something wrong or do pumps just not work completely yet?

There seems to be an issue where the game client will crash whenever someone places or removes a block that is near a machine (seems to be any machine).

When the crash occurs, any nearby players will crash to a screen showing the old minecraft dirt background (which shortly goes black). The server however doesnt crash, and players that are far enough away wont be affected either.

:pinch: No error code, or crash details are given. What happens is described above. I tried to figure out how to generate a crash detail but couldnt figure it out and dont have the time to play with it, gotta go to work!

I decided to experiment with this as many people on the server i play on have had issues with it. Findings are below, hopefully they help since i dont have a crash detail.

My Notes on the bug:
    --At first i thought it only occured with blocks being broken or placed directly above or below a machine (anywhere in the line above or below, doesnt have to be touching) . This theory was trashed when i was constructing a wall on the opposite side of my house of the machines and a crash occured when I broke a block.
    --To see if it was machine vicinity causing it and just not a random bug, i started building a house a couple chunks away from my first house, no crash occured.
    --Bug never occurs when placing or removing IC related blocks (other machines, wires etc)
    --Bug seems to occur more often with blocks that were naturally generated instead of placed (but it also happens with placed blocks as well)
    --Bug doesnt seem to occur when placing things like signs, chests, furnaces, crafting benches, torches, doors etc.

--I havent tested whether or not wires could be causing it also. I guess i need to go a distance away and place a bunch of wires and test it by building a house to see if it crashes.