Posts by Evert79

I think it makes more sense in Support because it is asking for help with coding a mod that is meant mostly for vanilla stuff, and just wants to add compatibility for one thing.

My Protection mod is specially made to combine with Forge mods. Vanilla servers can use a Bukkit server with a lot of plugins available that offer the same functionality (often better than my mod), but not compatible with most Forge mods.

There is a problem with mining laser being used for grieving on multiplayer servers.

I'm developing a mod, that is already used on several servers.

It's called Chunk Protection and runs on server-side only.

Players can use the command "/chunk claim" to claim a private chunk that is protected from other players placing or breaking blocks there.

With the command "/chunk add [playername]" they can add players that are allowed to edit that chunk as well.

This works fine for players, but it doesn't protect against mining lasers (or cc turtles).

The mod listens for the PlayerInteractEvent, that is called when a player clicks on a block, and checks if the player is allowed to alter blocks in that chunk. If not, the event is canceled and nothing happens.

Does someone know how my mod can detect when a mining laser breaks a block, so it can protect against that as well?

Or maybe it would be possible that the laser calls the PlayerInteractEvent with the username of the player who fired it?

Kind regards,

Evert

http://powerbeat.org/minecraft/server_mods/

There is a problem with mining laser being used for grieving on multiplayer servers.

I'm developing a mod, that is already used on several servers.

It's called Chunk Protection and runs on server-side only.

Players can use the command "/chunk claim" to claim a private chunk that is protected from other players placing or breaking blocks there.

With the command "/chunk add [playername]" they can add players that are allowed to edit that chunk as well.

This works fine for players, but it doesn't protect against mining lasers (or cc turtles).

The mod listens for the PlayerInteractEvent, that is called when a player clicks on a block, and checks if the player is allowed to alter blocks in that chunk. If not, the event is canceled and nothing happens.

Does someone know how my mod can detect when a mining laser breaks a block, so it can protect against that as well?

Or maybe it would be possible that the laser calls the PlayerInteractEvent with the username of the player who fired it?

Kind regards,

Evert

http://powerbeat.org/minecraft/server_mods/