Posts by Moleculor

I'm just a complete newbie to all of this stuff, but I decided to create a world to test out that second breeder. Did it in creative mode, got the hull temp up to 39528 before getting nervous.

This is in the FTB beta A pack.

I'd drop in an isotope cell, and it would *nearly instantly* be a re-enriched uranium cell. No 84 second wait, it was more like one or two seconds.

Am I doing something "wrong"? Am I misunderstanding how this works, and the reactor somehow has re-enrichment "saved up" for short while I was running it with near-depleted uranium instead of the depleted isotopes I should have been using?

What gives?

(Also, out of curiosity, rather than dropping these things in by hand and pulling them back out again, is there some other, better way of doing it?)

(BTW, that second link is a bit broken, required massaging.)

I haven't gone through this whole thread, so hopefully this hasn't been suggested and shot down yet... And I'm not entirely familiar with the mod, so I'm not sure how all it works (maybe this is already in?), but...

If I might suggest a module or upgrade that protects the blocks in an area? Options might include blast resistance, or preventing players from modifying the landscape, sort've like spawn zone protection.

Maybe the whole idea/system could be a "block property modifier" that applies certain properties to the blocks within the field, and you could choose whether or not an actual forcefield formed outside/inside of it. Blast resistance, player interactability, player pickup, mob griefing, break speed etc. Could even have inverse properties, lowering blast resistance, break speed, etc.

Maybe even something to disallow certain block IDs within the field, too? Though I don't need that particular feature, it's something I've just thought of.

I'm thinking I'd use something like this in a Mystcraft Age where I don't want anyone to be able to leave a crater I'm digging and terraforming, since the rest of the world is a featureless plane of mushrooms.

A forcefield across the top would work, but they could still dig out (and I'd like my creation unmolested anyway).

(It's possible that increasing blast resistance would be unbalanced. I'd settle for just preventing players from destroying blocks.)