Posts by werewolf_nr

Does anyone know what happens when it's full of matter and fully charged?
    Does it's speed increase with EU?
    If so, what's the max speed?
    Is it better to hook it up to MSFU's or directly to the power source?

It runs.
    Yes.
    The Mass Fab will run as fast as you can pump juice into it. I believe it can take up to 512 on each face so it goes as fast as 3000 EU/t makes it go. Having scrap makes it go even faster.
    Depends on your power grid but a MSFU is a safe bet.

Power Crystal's power conversion mod died on load after updating IC2. I've posted a bug report with him, repeated here if anyone is interested.

I wanted to update the wiki article on watermills and I started experimenting with them.

My current theory is that somehow the watermill is sending a separate energy packet for each block of water around it. This means that even a short length of tin cable is deadening the packets. However, when I connect a batbox up with a single tin cable I get what appears to be full packets. When I tried measuring it with the EU meter I got odd results, pics below.

So I'm thinking is that the watermill is checking the enet for a destination for each pulse* of the watermill and not finding them due to the loss on such a small packet and not sending. If it finds a valid destination it groups the pulses into one packet and then sends.

*energy generated per block of water - not sure what to call it

Nevermind, I made a very noobish mistake. I connected the watermill up to the output of the batbox.

This would explain some of the weirdness I get on my energy system. I suspected that keeping my induction furnace warm was costing a lot more than 1 eu/t. I've found that batboxes help by buffering things a bit.

This might also be why non-IC machines (that use eu) seem to draw power from the net oddly. I've had to buffer all of them or they seem to pull either not enough or way too much power.

Wait, wait.... Are you saying that we'll be converting redstone signals directly into an EU voltage of some sort? What I mean to say is, if I connect Redstone -> New Redwire -> Machine, with NOTHING else (no generators) the machine will get voltage from the redstone? I HOPE I'm misunderstanding this... I think what people really want is just a detection system, which will let us (for example) turn on a redstone signal when there's power in a wire, and (for example) turn OFF a wire/machine/power grid when there's a redstone signal.....

No, I'm pretty sure he is referring to bringing back a block that stops conducting energy when redstone is applied. It is actually fairly obvious if you read the whole thread.

For refrence: IC1 had the switch block, right now there is no equivalent.

Simple Solution: Make an addon for it!
    If want it/think your computer can handle it, you can install it.
    Simple. :)

The problem is that JavaVM is effectively an emulator and that Minecraft has very limited use of multiple processors. The last might be the worst as the trend in the last few years has been for slower individual processors but more processors.

Given the REEEEALLY slow progress of the CPU i should definitely consider some block for this regard.
    Any suggestions?

A block that accepts LV, drains 1 EU, and produces a redstone current. Recipe to include 1 RS torch, 1 RS dust, 1 Cable, 6 wood.

EDIT and the machine should probably store 10 EU or so to prevent it from changing states too frequently because of the packet based energy.

Is there currently a way to detect whether there is a current on a cable that outputs redstone signaling (or a machine that does this as a side effect)? IC2 and BC compatible mods are an acceptable answer, but I would prefer a solution that is just IC2.

I seem to have the opposite problem.

I used the heating configuration on the breeder, to get it to 9000 degrees. Then i swapped over to the breeding configuration, where there should be no added nor removed heat. But even with an additional cooling cell in the setup, the heat keeps slowly increasing. :?:
    This is using IC2v1.15

The design is assuming a full submersion in water. It needs 25 water blocks.