Posts by DrBlocks

Wow !

I wasn't expacting so many (and so kind!) answers :love: Greatest thanks to you all !
    I do not particularly use 1.2.5, but I read somewhere that it was the latest IC² server build available. Internet is full of people talking crap, so I thought I'd better ask qualified people about it (E.G. you all ^^ )

I'll try this out right now, and let you know.

[Edit]

Ok, so, I diligently followed the steps detailed by Epic Lulz, and here's what I got.

Hi there !

I've been using the old IC years ago, really loved it, but since modloader decided that it hated me once and for all, I kept the original minecraft until now.
    I'd love to set up a server running IC², but I need some light on specific spots.

It's about versions.
    The main issue is : if I want to create an IC² server now, what Minecraft version (both client and server) should I get ready for modding ?
    Second problem is forge. I dont know (or couldnt see it among the huge amout of information available) which version I should get.

What I seem to understand is that I need the minecraft_server.jar v1.2.5, same for the client, and the last available Forge build for these two (which, according to their site, is 3.3.7.135).
    Is that right ? Or maybe the newest Forge build will work anyway ?

What I used to do for now is :

1°) Getting minecraft_server.jar
    2°) Getting Forge
    3°) Opening both archives with WinRar
    4°) Dropping all the Forge archive's contents in the server.jar

And actually stopped here because the server wouldn't start even with only Forge installed. But I guess if it had worked, Forge would have created a "mod" directory (in the server main folder) in which I should put the right IC² jar server file.

I'm not asking any help about installing Forge (though I guess I'm gonna need some anyway ^^ ), but I thought I'd figure which versions of Forge AND minecraft are necessary if I want the most recent IC² server properly running.

I hope all this is clear enough... If you need any more details/rephrasing (since my english is far from perfect), do ask :)

Oh, and I'm running on Windows XP sp3, if that matters.