Posts by sig_kill

Thanks for the quick reply... After thinking what you said, I think I'm going to go with just connecting the MFSUs in series. This will cause them to charge from top to bottom, but that doesn't really matter. The diamond cost of wiring this huge complex will not really be worth having EU spread out equally.

In fact, now that I think about it, stepping it up to 2048 EU/t doesn't really matter, as it will take 4 ticks to charge the packet in the HV transformer, where I could be sending one 512EU packet every tick, so you can safely ignore any step-up / step-down point in my previous post.

I've been lurking around the forums for the last few days, trying to scrape up the most information about wiring MFSUs / energy storage in parallel so they charge at an equal rate. I haven't seen anything that's an effective solution yet, and after trying to build several things and failing, I figured it was time to ask about it.

So far, I've only been able to produce small systems (in creative mode) that work if they have equal lengths of cable between each MFSU and the main trunk. By this, I mean, if there are two glass fibre cables between one side of the output of the step-down HV transformer, and one glass fibre cable between the MFSU and another output, the MFSU with the shorter cable charges faster. I understand why this is, and it makes sense in a theoretical setting, but I'm failing to come up with an applied solution to my problem. I'm hoping to draw on some experience here :D

My set up is that I have a nuclear reactor on the bottom floor of a large factory, and I'd like to equally distribute 2048 EU/t to a buffer MFSU on every floor.