Posts by Ingrimmm

Is there any way to modify the Average Counter or Energy Counter to have the throughput capabilities of a cable and simply act as a passive monitor for avg/total throughput when placed inline?

For example -- If I am running 1,000-2500 EU/t in 512packets (2-5 HV arrays) through a line, I would like to see the average or count over the different time ranges for the TOTAL throughput, instead of having the machine chop the stream size down to one strand of 512 (or however many transformer upgrades I've placed in it).

Code
    e.g. "Average" 1,500 EU/t over 10 sec

Code
    e.g. "Counter" 300,000 EU transferred over 10 sec

Right now the Average/Counter machines seem to bottleneck the whole line so that if I pump 15,000 EU/t in HV packets through an HV-compatible counter/averager it will chop the entire stream down and limit the throughput to ONE packet of HV-size instead of passively monitoring the total throughput of the line.

I realize I could probably up-covert to EV prior to the counter, place the counter, then downconvert back to HV afterwards (and do this for each multiple of EV power the stream reaches) but that becomes a mess when you are adding and removing power sources upstream; and just in general.

Or is there an entirely different way to go about doing this?

Thanks!