Posts by zdathen

Problem: Minecraft will not load with IC2 installed

I am using IC2 v1.15 and running no other mods of any sort. I started with a fresh Jar file and followed the instructions and steps immaculately. I am attempting to help my sister who is using Ubuntu (version natty narwhal 11.04 I believe) I have it running perfectly well on my PC which runs on Windows and I have set up a server which is working just fine however I cannot seem to figure out how to help her get it working on her PC. I copied some of the command responses when I try to run it here:

destiny@Mr:~$ LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 minecraft
    Invalid or corrupt jarfile /home/destiny/.minecraft/minecraft.jar

If I don't delete the META-INF folder it will start to run and then freeze and this is the command prompt for that:

destiny@Mr:~$ LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 minecraft
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "javaw": java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:460)
    at net.minecraft.MinecraftLauncher.main(MinecraftLauncher.java:31)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:453)
    ... 1 more
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.MinecraftApplet
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    at net.minecraft.GameUpdater.createApplet(GameUpdater.java:423)
    at net.minecraft.Launcher$1.run(Launcher.java:87)
    destiny@Mr:~$

I would deeply appreciate any help with this as IC is our favorite pastime.

Well I moved the teleporters.ssav file into the .minecraft folder and I was using a switch cable with redstone torch underneath it so I changed that and instead routed a cable path to the teleporter pad so that there would be no interference I also re keyed the teleporters (since they had been disassembled and moved) using the FreqTrans then I waited for it to charge up (I have each teleporter powered by four MFS's powered to full via a very intense solar array and and topped off with some charged crystals and each of those MFS's have their output set to 64/s and the cabling paths to the switch cable are solar paneled so when I check the cable the teleporter is on its getting LOTS of power) I waited until the MFS stopped being drained so that I could be sure it was fully charged (which as I recall is only 3m EU) and still the problem remains it will not teleport me :(

Hi
    I am using IC v8.10 and my problem is SSP

I am having difficulty making the teleporters work. I have made sure to have all the required class files installed. I do not believe I have any other possibly competing mods (don’t think I have any other mods installed) I have made sure to use the FreqTrans correctly (right click to copy left click to paste coordinates on both teleporters) the teleporters are correctly powered up and indicate they have the appropriate power by glowing red and the teleporter pad itself is wired via redstone to a lever.
    my only thought is that the teleporters.ssav file may have been generated to the wrong location (as it went to my desktop strangly) and so the recorded coordinates may not be being accessed thus my question is where should the teleporters.ssav file be stored?
    Thank you for your help